This discussion is closed.
wactm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BradP)
'man up' = Run away from problems?
Its not his problem. Its his girls, too bad she drops her panties first sniff of ****.

Its not like he met her and she already had a kid. She went off with someone else during a break and now shes pregnant and the real father was probaly some drunk ONS and the ***** was too stupid to use protection or the morning after etc.

Any real man would walk away, 20/22 in this day and age, thats way too young to have kids, once you have serious responsibilities you put your own life on hold.

This girl is bringing the guy down with her and hes too infatuated to realise it.

So as previously stated, man up.
Mr. Orange
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Becca-Sarah)
Being a dad is about raising a kid, not contributing a single sperm.
being a mum is not to go sleeping around with other men

why should the OP have the responsibility thrust upon his shoulders after the woman is in the wrong here?
rylit91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Louzilla)
Nope, I doubt you would say this to OP.
Yes, I does say something about them, but as I said before the facts were vague and generalised therefore it's rather...stupid (It's the only appropriate word I could think of) to judge someone when you don't know all the facts. Especially when you're saying things that you said.
I don't quite understand the foundations of what you're saying; they are quite baseless. I am judging her on the the things I know for a fact - considering the OP is truthful - and therefore am perfectly justified in what I said. There is nothing in my first post that concerns something the OP didn't mention, with the possible exception of saying she is a sex-crazed whore. However, if their break was for a month or two and she slept with someone else, then that shows, quite incontrovertibly, that she is precisely how I formerly described her. I would say the same about someone who had sex with their own partner so soon into a relationship. This whilst she supposedly realised how much she loved the OP.
Anonymous #4
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by vilage_idoit)
If you're having serious problems do you really think it will work?

If you got another girlfriend pregnant and you were going to be the baby's father do you think she'd stay with you? Be honest.

Sorry man, but wake up.
This!

Plus, it's a huge "ask", your gf expecting you to acknowledge that you are the father of her baby.

It may work out, it may not! As one of the others have said she isn't going to be so attractive as a single mum with a baby, so, you come along and make everything right!

What about the real father of the child? Doesn't he have a right to have a say in the matter?

It would be honourable of you, but, you are young, and can you guarantee that you wouldn't feel resentful towards the baby?

Is there anyone that you can talk to confidentially? An impartial third person?
Iorek
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My girlfriend is 20 and I'm 22, I've been with her for nearly three years (except for a two month break in October/November) during this break she slept with another guy and fell pregnant. Under no circumstances does she want to get rid of the baby or anything like that and I completely understand that but it places me in a really awkward situation. The break made me realise (and her) how much we're in love and how perfect we are, yet this baby is going to create massive problems. She has been completely and utterly honest with me and now I don't know what to do. She told me that ideally I'd "father" the baby and we'd carry on as normal and I said I'd happily do that (for fear of losing her) -we've even told her/my family and friends that we're expecting! I'm just worried that even before the baby is born I'm having serious doubts! Does it seem ridiculous to try and live this lie, or would it seem worth a shot?! :/ please help me! x
Does the biological father intend to play a role?

Why do you fear losing a girl? You're still young and you've got plenty of time to find someone.

It's admirable that you want to stand by her and all that.. but do remember eventually that baby will push the relationship to the maximum and potentially it will become your financial problem even in the event you split up with the mother..... and even though you can take a paternity test to prove otherwise, your conduct might be enough to satisfy a judge or arbitrator that you had intended to "father" that child...... hence be ready for Child Maintenance payments
Anonymous #5
Report 8 years ago
Kick her in the ****ing stomach imo.
JunePlum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My girlfriend is 20 and I'm 22, I've been with her for nearly three years (except for a two month break in October/November) during this break she slept with another guy and fell pregnant.

She told me that ideally I'd "father" the baby and we'd carry on as normal and I said I'd happily do that (for fear of losing her)
  • At first glance it almost Sounds like you are the only one committed to this relationship.

• At second glance I thought this relationship might work.

• Then it dawned on me that you might be making the biggest mistake of living a lie....

• Then I realize that I have no say in this... IT'S YOUR LIFE.. Just choose what is BEST for you..and your life dreams.

• lol at the neg. rep
    twohanprincess
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    This is a HUGE commitment, as people have already pointed out. But I have to ask, where is the kid's biological father in all of this? Where will he be in all of this? Surely you will have to come into contact with him at some point, it is only fair for him and the child. ill you honestly be okay with that? Will you honestly not feel jealous and low?

You need to talk this through with her. Make sure she is aware of your concerns and try to talk them over - Otherwise things will get messy fast and things will break down. I hope that things go well for you and work out, but they won't unless you talk to her and share your thoughts.
    Genocidal
    Badges: 16
    Report 8 years ago
    http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/oc...-983437491.jpg

Thank me later.
    icx
    Report 8 years ago
    Uhm... what? o_O

Mate, you have one life to live. Don't waste it. Especially this part of it.
    DirtyStarfish
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    So you break up for two months and shes already shagging other blokes and gets her self pregnant. She doesn't sound very responsible. Not the kind of girl I could be with.

Anyway, I would never be able to raise someone else's baby. For me it IS about contributing sperm. I want to raise MY child, no-one else's.

Basically some bloke met your girl, shagged her, didn't bother with protection, and has left the mess for you to just willingly clean up.

I wouldn't be surprised if thats the reason she made sure you got back together.

No matter how much you love the kid, they will never be yours, it's your girlfriends and her one night stand's.
    BoxesAndBangles
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I don't quite understand the foundations of what you're saying; they are quite baseless. I am judging her on the the things I know for a fact - considering the OP is truthful - and therefore am perfectly justified in what I said. There is nothing in my first post that concerns something the OP didn't mention, with the possible exception of saying she is a sex-crazed whore. However, if their break was for a month or two and she slept with someone else, then that shows, quite incontrovertibly, that she is precisely how I formerly described her. I would say the same about someone who had sex with their own partner so soon into a relationship. This whilst she supposedly realised how much she loved the OP.
    You think that someone who has sex 2 months into a relationship is a whore?
    Quixoticelixer
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    OP, your fooling yourself, you say your completely in love and perfect with each other, but she's gone and slept with someone else. Break or no break, if you love someone you don't do that, ... Run like you've never run before. Harsh words but better to nip it in the bud.
    big-boss-91
    Badges: 12
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    My girlfriend is 20 and I'm 22, I've been with her for nearly three years (except for a two month break in October/November) during this break she slept with another guy and fell pregnant. Under no circumstances does she want to get rid of the baby or anything like that and I completely understand that but it places me in a really awkward situation. The break made me realise (and her) how much we're in love and how perfect we are, yet this baby is going to create massive problems. She has been completely and utterly honest with me and now I don't know what to do. She told me that ideally I'd "father" the baby and we'd carry on as normal and I said I'd happily do that (for fear of losing her) -we've even told her/my family and friends that we're expecting! I'm just worried that even before the baby is born I'm having serious doubts! Does it seem ridiculous to try and live this lie, or would it seem worth a shot?! :/ please help me! x
    not your child? you going to raise a child that have no genetic relation with you. Dump her while you can!
    MovingOn
    Badges: 10
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    OP, only you know how you feel and what you think you will be able to do. It is a lot to handle so don't feel guilty if you have to walk away.

Personally, I'd be out that door without a second glance.
    NathanW18
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    This will end in tears.
    Busby_Babe
    Badges: 10
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    Wow. You seem like a massive doormat if I'm honest you should just walk away. I know that is easier said than done but its much easier than throwing your life away because of somebody elses mistake. The fact that she had a break and indulged in a one night stand should tell you she's no good but the fact that she didn't even use protection should confirm it, I hope you made sure she was tested for STD's afterwards. Seriously just break contact.
    KingstonKatie
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    (Original post by StephenP91)
    Coming here for advice is pointless. Only you know what you want. Whether it is right or wrong, none of that matters.
    You are so right Stephen.
    The Dynamic Uno
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    I'd leave. Not my baby? Not my responsibility. That's just how I feel.
    idontthinkso
    Badges: 8
    Rep:
    ?
    Report 8 years ago
    And you still call her "girlfriend"?
    X
    Latest
    My Feed

See more of what you like on
    The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
    39.62%
    No - but I will (17)
    5.43%
    No - I don't want to (20)
    6.39%
    No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
    48.56%

Watched Threads