Did you visit a Uni and KNOW immediately it was the place for you? Watch

TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No. I visited a few and ultimately went to a uni I didn't even see before I first got there.
TurboCretin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by OneInSolidarity)
This :yes:

Also with Bristol and after I'd seen the city, Bath. Unfortunately I'm screwing up English so it looks like I'll have to go to one of the two that didn't 'click'. Still undecided about what to do...
Yeh, I'm going to Bristol instead. Standard. What are you applying for?
Polly1101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
YUP!
I visited Cardiff in year 10, knew it was for me and didn't go back until i was a fresher.
spocckka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, Oxford. I was rejected.

Accepted Durham because of withdrawal symptoms
littlehobbit
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I walked round Cardiff and realised it was perfect for me. I did fall in love with it, and like other people said, nothing else then compared to it!
f00ddude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yup, the deciding factor was probably that id already moved in
Soph1990
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeh I did, I visited Lancaster and loved it, and now im in my third year and very happy here =]
Zottula
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well I thought it was the place for me. When I looked around it seemed right. After living there I decided it wasn't for me though . I dropped out.
asha_patel
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I went and visited a few universities before i applied and i fell in love with Kent. Was amazing, none of the other universities i visited could compare!
Sem193
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm currently in year 12, and I visited a couple of universities before as part of an AimHigher programme, but none of them have jumped out at out me. However, I also want to go to a Univeristy in the US, and there's one university that I can't stop thinking about, and I haven't even visited it. It becomes more and more appealing to me every day, and it makes me happy when I think about it. I'd rather go to this university than Cambridge and Oxford, even thought they are the better universities. That's how much I love it!
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, I actually preferred Leeds and was quite disappointed with Sheffield when I visited. I had built it up so much because I was obsessed with the city and it's culture. I still think Leeds is a nicer university and was really impressed with it, but I'm so glad I chose Sheffield, because I would have regretted not living in Sheffield. I would have felt jealous of all the people I know at Sheffield, because I feel it is my city. My decision was made up long before I visited, really.
lattywatty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I fell in love with Exeter when I went, but that's not to say that everyone does the same with their uni. Some of my friends have five offers and can't pick between any of them! Others may not be left with a huge choice and actually only grow to love it once they're there. Everyone's different.
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I went to East Anglia Uni and i knew it was a place i would settle in at, because i wanna do Pharmacy
alibobs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have only visisted two so far and definitely got a much better feeling from one than the other
brendan.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Went I went to Keele I immediately knew I wouldn't enjoy myself there. Initially I really liked Nottingham, oh and Oxford of course.
When it came to applying I put down Bath despite having never visited it before, and after getting an offer I went to their visit day and literally fell in love with it. I somehow managed to pull off getting an offer from Oxford in then end! and firmed it, and put Bath as insurance. So in the end I didn't even choose Nottingham despite it being my favourite to begin with.
Okaay, so I'm rambling a bit. :grin: In short, I think you can know instantly if you'd love to study at a university but others can 'grow' on you. OUT.
ellie-wellie
Report 8 years ago
I've visited like 6 different Unis (which is a bit extensive IMO) and didn't really 'click' with any of them. I found Nottingham really bland and dull, Kent (not the Canterbury Campus) was one of the worst places ever, Bournemouth was just ugly. I did like Sheffield, although it took a while to process. Thankfully, as soon as I visited UEA I loved it- although that was probably just my subconsciousness desperately trying to not reject every Uni I visited!
scarlet dragon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes I have been to may uni's and colleges but only as a stepping stone from one to the next, the only place I have fallen in love with after 15 yrs of study , is Edgehill, I love walking through the main building every day to get to my lectures it reminds me of oldy worldy school's its beautiful and has grandfather clocks in its senior commom room with books in the shelves, I went to an open day and now im there !!! I only put it down as my first and last choice at the gttr, if it was not to be edgehill it would be nothing, I am there now but all I can say is I feel priviledged to go there and yet I have never felt like this about any other educational institution before.
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ellie-wellie)
I've visited like 6 different Unis (which is a bit extensive IMO) and didn't really 'click' with any of them. I found Nottingham really bland and dull, Kent (not the Canterbury Campus) was one of the worst places ever, Bournemouth was just ugly. I did like Sheffield, although it took a while to process. Thankfully, as soon as I visited UEA I loved it- although that was probably just my subconsciousness desperately trying to not reject every Uni I visited!
yeah, same , i think UEA is great, it's good - excellent ( top 20 ), and their facilities are good, we also got to go in some labs (because it was a biology trip) and also the life is good too, loads of shops in the centre square, and loads of places to have lunch and chill with mates, i'll be so happy if i can get into UEA doing Pharmacy, because they are the top uni for pharmacy in the uk !!
Destroyviruses
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes, University of Birmingham is made for me!!!!!!!!!

Not heard anything yet!
ellie-wellie
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by James A)
yeah, same , i think UEA is great, it's good - excellent ( top 20 ), and their facilities are good, we also got to go in some labs (because it was a biology trip) and also the life is good too, loads of shops in the centre square, and loads of places to have lunch and chill with mates, i'll be so happy if i can get into UEA doing Pharmacy, because they are the top uni for pharmacy in the uk !!
And the Uni pub was pretty cool. Had to shoe horn that it somewhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (476)
38.17%
No - but I will (95)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (589)
47.23%

Watched Threads