is the iphone 5 even coming out this year? Watch

hafa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There will be a new generation iPhone this summer, they'll also release it with iOS 5 (which I have high hopes for). No question that there will be a dual core A5 processor in the iPhone 5 (the same one in the iPad 2).

Apparently there is going to be an event next month for iOS 5 and what's to come. Interesting times ahead.

I can't understand why people call it the iPhone 4.5, do you honestly think Apple will call the next-gen phone that? It's going to be the iPhone 5. Not iPhone 4G or 4GS because 4G connectivity isn't widely available yet.
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by WelshBluebird)
Actually, I didn't think of that.
It's a bloody good point considering how big a player Japan is in the tech world (i read something yesterday saying that nearly half of the global supply of flash memory comes from Japan)
I think there are certain key components that come from Japan, but thankfully their other big suppliers, like Samsung and LG, are Korean.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are delays though, or at least a smaller initial supply.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by WelshBluebird)
Everything I have read says otherwise (that it is the same, and in some cases a tiny bit better).
I've only read that it's good, but just less than the original iPad. :dontknow:
kunjar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Let me guess, "iPhone 5, this changes everything, yet again."

No NFC in iPhone 5 as far as i know.
J_90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes, Apple states July. Hth
chaz1992
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The gadget show said the new iPhone 5 will come out in July this year, gsmarena said it'll come out this year (2 models - 1 cheaper version of another- they found the two frames of the new iPhone), Further to this, the hidious iPhone 4 in white will come out late May early June.
Kevin J
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My contract runs out next month. Do I get the iPhone 4 or wait 3/4 months for the new iPhone? You lot decide for me, as I am incapable of making the correct decision.
hafa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kevin J)
My contract runs out next month. Do I get the iPhone 4 or wait 3/4 months for the new iPhone? You lot decide for me, as I am incapable of making the correct decision.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, can't tell on the forum.

But if I was you, I would wait. iPhone 4 is now an 8 month old phone you'd be quite silly to pay full price for it now. Announcement of the new phone will be in the first week or so of June at the Worldwide Developers Conference.
rajandkwameali
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by yoyo462001)
Why do people continually ask this dumb question, they've released a new one every year. I would not use the 3GS as any sort of norm, the only reason Apple didn't do a big upgrade was because they were still out in front, this has severely changed. The iPhone 4 was a catch up to the market phone, which the new iPhone will have to be. Essentially fragmentation through improved tech will lead Apple to need to release a new and much better phone. Things that will almost certainly be in the new iPhone.

NFC chip
Dual Core CPU
At least 2x faster GPU

Thus making the gap between the iPhone and 3GS humongous.
On specs alone, the iPhone 4 is still one of the best phones out there.

No matter how good HTC or Samsung make their phones, the iPhone will always have the best market share since it's the brand in everyday people's eyes.
yoyo462001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rajandkwameali)
On specs alone, the iPhone 4 is still one of the best phones out there.

No matter how good HTC or Samsung make their phones, the iPhone will always have the best market share since it's the brand in everyday people's eyes.
On specs the iPhone 4 isn't the best, the Desire HD/Nexus S/Galaxy S/Atrix/Desire S/Incredible S are all better. You say that but the Desire/Galaxy S ate a chunk of apple market share.
Kevin J
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hafa)
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, can't tell on the forum.

But if I was you, I would wait. iPhone 4 is now an 8 month old phone you'd be quite silly to pay full price for it now. Announcement of the new phone will be in the first week or so of June at the Worldwide Developers Conference.
Very true, but like the person above said, the problems in Japan could delay the iPhone. I would hate to have to wait 5/6 months for a new phone, I can just about handle a 3 month wait till July.

This HTC is killing me.
hafa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kevin J)
Very true, but like the person above said, the problems in Japan could delay the iPhone. I would hate to have to wait 5/6 months for a new phone, I can just about handle a 3 month wait till July.

This HTC is killing me.
I hear you, there were loads of news articles in January regarding Apple moving iPhone 5 parts from Japan to Taiwan - where Foxconn is based (the company that makes the iPhones). So I don't really think the events in Japan will really affect the iPhone's refresh this year.
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by G8D)
4 phones. 5 dates.

derp
iphone
iphone 3g
iphone 3gs
iphone 4

wonder where the 5th date came from
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mangoh)
must have a low wage can't even afford TSR membership.

also why has this topic been bumped?
:rolleyes:

It's continuing because the iPhone has a huge following and Apple's consumer base want to establish whether it's worth holding out until the new model is released.
Pengwan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Who cares. By the time it's released they're gonna announce iphone 6 and then you're gonna post on TSR 'WHEN IS IFONE 6 COMIN OUT GUYZ'
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There will be a iPhone 5 this year, there always is one!
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Chances are it's not going to be a huge update.

It'll probably come in white, be faster, better graphics card, HD Facetime and slightly thinner.

The real update is the iOS 5.

But yes it is going to be this summer, definitely, July for us, June for America probably.
bengalisoldier
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
u never know
IcEmAn911
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RedGuy)
iPhone 5, I want an iPhone 5.

Not sure what it's called but it has a two chip thingys so they can make the phone twice as fast! Also has tracking magic thingy where you swipe it against a poster (some <insert hipster band here> probably) and it sends you to a web site! I heard it will have this other thing where you can view app details on the homescreen without launching it...think it's called wedgies or something. Magical **** I tell you, I'm getting one instead of this budget "android" crap haha losers. Haters wanna hate.
The Goldman Sachs, I want to work for The Goldman Sachs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads