Your most controversial views? Watch

Cast.Iron
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Democracy is not always the best system available to a society.
screenager2004
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hate women, hate feminism. Everything else is gravy
Valindrius
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cast.Iron)
Democracy is not always the best system available to a society.
*cue people posting the cliché Churchill quote on 'best of the worst'* :rolleyes:

I happen to agree somewhat with you too, as expressed earlier.
MrsCrackFox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think there's a little bit of gay in all of us, but just not everyone realizes it.
Celtic_Anthony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
An irresponsible media is to blame for several of society's ills.
Crash and Burn
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If I was to put all my 'controversial' ideas down here it would be a horrendously long post and not a soul would want anything to do with me, not racist/homophobic or anything just very harsh on people who I think deserve it and ways to keep the population down

Boils down to a much harsher legal system (involving a large floating sustainable prison)
Much harsher checks on benefits and parents using their children for benefits
Having society shift from IVF and fertility treatment to adoption
Much stricter rules on immigration into the UK, I grew up in a country I will never be allowed to permanently live in; keeps the population lower and so allows the government to provide for the people
Somehow re-injecting morals into the bulk of the British population.

Oh and the current rant would be about why you can no longer merge cells on Microsoft excel
adam_zed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by d123)
Immigration - I'm very pro-immigration. I don't think having quotas is a good thing, at least, not to the extent that politicians seem to be proposing. I think we should welcome people into our country, if they want to come, particularly when they are escaping persecution but also if they are migrating for economic reasons. Refusing to let people in on the grounds that the country is full doesn't make sense to me, seeing as it isn't - certain areas of certain cities may be overcrowded, but generally, there really is a lot of space. of course we want to preserve the beautiful countryside, but that doesn't mean that we should close our borders to immigrants and refugees.

The prison system - I don't agree with the view that prison is too easy. Generally I think prison should have a much higher emphasis on reform rather than retribution, and if that means giving people 'easier' sentences, free access to education and training, or shifting the emphasis from prison to community service, so be it. I don't think you can justify retribution.
I really agree with this (the prison part). People moan about crime but at the same time support the harshening of prison life so that the individual has nothing else going for them. Prisoner's dont tend to be some naughty little middle-class scamp who was selling drugs and a quick harsh experience in the naughty seat will cure him of this criminal tendency.

I believe that the key aims of prison should be incapacitation to those who consistently show themselves to be a threat, and the reformation of these people and lesser criminals. Considering that two thirds of prisoner's re-offend within 5 years of arrest suggests that little is done to help them escape their previous mentality and that their options having been branded with the prison tag are very limited. It becomes a cycle and does little to remove the threat of crime.

Unfortunately people will no doubt smirk at such suggestions, thinking they are smart in their semi-detached house and stable life by stating tripe like "they knew what they were doing" and cringey cliches like "if you cant do the time then dont do the crime". While such patronising comments may have a little truth in them, surely someone should be given the encouragement to change their ways before they are simply spat out of the criminal school that is prison in its present form and go on to re-offend having learnt better methods from other prisoner's?

I dont agree so much with your bit on immigration. I would love to see the free movement of people all over the world but I dont think it is compatible with the current system. While my views are a far cry from those who think that Britain is already overcrowded, I do think that uncontrolled immigration would put a considerable strain on our economy and expand the pockets of poverty that already exist.
JW92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think Nick Clegg's doing a bad job. Sorry everyone. I await neg.
Panda Vinnie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm an Imperialist.

Yep, I'm one of the people that wishes the British Empire still existed and we ****ing ruled the world! Without all the brutality and injustice though, but taking over countries and using the empire for our national interest (and in part, theirs too)...both economical and social.

For example, we take over poor countries like Zimbabwe etc. We implement our justice system, provide security, governed by us so bring stability in the region whilst preserving their culture and society. In return we benefit from creating manual labour/manufacturing etc. jobs over there at low low prices (in pounds, still fair prices in their currency). Also use their land spaces for maybe food/harvest, their natural resources etc. I'm pretty sure if struggling countries had a choice between being (fairly) ruled by us as part of an Empire or by their corrupt violent leaders the majority would choose the former.

Do that but on a much larger scale across so many countries, and we ****ing rival China and their booming economy.

I'm sure this has its fair share of flaws and stuff, but I'm an idealist
ch0llima
Report 8 years ago
1) I hate feminism with a passion. Chauvinism and misogyny are taboo and branded sexist, yet feminism is encouraged and acceptable

2) I believe in 9/11 conspiracies, but only the "Who, what and why?" aspects. (I don't believe in the following: fake TV footage; fake planes; cruise missiles; controlled demolition; "vicsim"; Flight 93 landing and the passengers being offloaded etc. because that is laughable at best and insulting to the memory of the victims and their families at worst). Granted, there is a large 9/11 "Truth Movement" so my views are not too extreme at all

3) I'm generally against causes, protests and activism. Hint: those at the top don't care about a) you or b) your opinion, and more fool you for thinking or believing otherwise

4) Perceived Islamification of the UK. I'm not racist and I have plenty of moderate Muslim friends, but they too agree with me that it's getting out of hand with calls for Sharia Law etc. Why did you come to the UK if you want an Islamic society or lifestyle, exactly?
sherlllll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Here we go, but I'll say it nevertheless.

I think the Holocaust was in part a massive hoax.
69Crazyfists
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get a lot of stick for saying this but I'd rather **** a 13/14 year old than an old woman.

I always get called a paedo but tbh 14 year olds are a lot closer to our age and are still normal-looking. I don't advocate it, but it would be the better option.
marginal maz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ch0llima)
1) I hate feminism with a passion. Chauvinism and misogyny are taboo and branded sexist, yet feminism is encouraged and acceptable
(Original post by ch0llima)

2) I believe in 9/11 conspiracies, but only the "Who, what and why?" aspects. (I don't believe in the following: fake TV footage; fake planes; cruise missiles; controlled demolition; "vicsim"; Flight 93 landing and the passengers being offloaded etc. because that is laughable at best and insulting to the memory of the victims and their families at worst). Granted, there is a large 9/11 "Truth Movement" so my views are not too extreme at all

3) Causes, protests and activism. Hint: those at the top don't care about a) you or b) your opinion, and more fool you for thinking or believing otherwise

4) Perceived Islamification of the UK. I'm not racist and I have plenty of moderate Muslim friends, but they too agree with me that it's getting out of hand with calls for Sharia Law etc. Why did you come to the UK if you want an Islamic society or lifestyle, exactly?
Think you need to check the definition of feminism. It's not what you think it is.
qasman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Honestly, I don't like humans. I wanna be on this planet by myself so I can choose how many times I take a ride on the rollercoaster not that stupid woman who told me I'd have to queue again
ch0llima
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by marginal maz)
[B]

Think you need to check the definition of feminism. It's not what you think it is.
I'm going by the commonly misunderstood version that everybody seems to have got a hold of, as well as the extremist side.

That said, I find the term itself to be nauseating.
(:Becca(:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't believe in any sort of benefits for old people, they're finished contributing to society and they just get in everyone's way.
Anyone who has had more than 2 children should be neutered.
Abbadon27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dictatorships can work.
People with major mental/physical disabilities which can be inherited should be sterilised.
Skinny jeans look stupid.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't subscribe to the belief that all paedophiles should 'hav they're balls chopd of'. Radical, I know.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
We need a referendum on our membership of the EU.

I would build more prisons.

I would ring fence the Defence and Home Office budgets.
Wick3d
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you can't have kids, IVF shouldn't be your last and only option.

Try adopting!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39%
No - but I will (46)
6.79%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.53%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (316)
46.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise