Oxford History and Politics Students and Applicants Watch

magic_is_might
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cluelessOhioan)
Hi all! I'm an American applicant that recently interviewed to read History and Politics at Merton. Is the interview the most major part of the application for shortlisted candidates? I ask because for universities in the US, interviews are done by alumni and carry very little wait in the admissions decision.
everything is considered in your application, not just the interview. How do you think the interviews went?
cluelessOhioan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by magic_is_might)
everything is considered in your application, not just the interview. How do you think the interviews went?
Alright - since I had to interview over Skype, there was only one long interview with four tutors (a little intimidating). I originally applied to Wadham, but I was transferred to Merton. How did yours go?
magic_is_might
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cluelessOhioan)
Alright - since I had to interview over Skype, there was only one long interview with four tutors (a little intimidating). I originally applied to Wadham, but I was transferred to Merton. How did yours go?
I got reallocated too, from Brasenose to Teddy Hall, which actually i'm kind of glad about. I had two interviews for the separate subjects, and both sets of tutors were really nice. the interviews didn't go badly, but now i'm thinking they weren't anything too special. but oh well
cluelessOhioan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by magic_is_might)
I got reallocated too, from Brasenose to Teddy Hall, which actually i'm kind of glad about. I had two interviews for the separate subjects, and both sets of tutors were really nice. the interviews didn't go badly, but now i'm thinking they weren't anything too special. but oh well
To be honest I feel like leaving an intense academic interview without feeling bad about it means it must have been a success. As someone who plays an instrument and acts, I think that these interviews are honestly more like auditions than conversations.
MaxReid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who else got offers for History and Politics?
DeclanThatcher
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im so scared, ive got the HAT in like 2 weeks and i doubt il be invited to interview lol
KirstyPeacock28
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what college are you applying to?
DeclanThatcher
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied for Magdalen you?
Neal_Vithlani
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KirstyPeacock28)
what college are you applying to?
I'm applying to LMH what about you?
KirstyPeacock28
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh cool, I'm applying to Trinity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads