Report 8 years ago
Well it is a bit offensive but hardly a big deal ffs
...and I'm normally like the political correctness police on these things
ForeverIsMyName
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Who gives a **** what a bunch of women who are permanently on their periods think? Does anybody?
paddyman4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 01010000 01001010)
Well done, I say. **** Tesco, they're the plague of the earth, as with all the other mega-corps that are putting independent stores out of business.
Customers put independent stores out of business through their consumer choices, not competition.
Sonny_J_D
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a bit far for something that is relatively tame compared to some t-shirts I've seem

That said; if you wore it you'd look a complete ****, end of story.
paella
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hate insecure people, insecure women are often the worst. If they have problems with women's rights, they can **** off to Africa and make a positive difference stopping female circumcision and providing proper food, water and medcare for pregnant women.
lonelykatana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well done, I say. **** Tesco, they're the plague of the earth, as with all the other mega-corps that are putting independent stores out of business.
I weed my self reading that
01010000 01001010
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by paddyman4)
Customers put independent stores out of business through their consumer choices, not competition.
I don't buy into that for one second. It's impossible to turn on the TV, radio or walk through a city without seeing advert and advert claiming that "Tesco are the cheapest, we beat Asda by 99% last term" or whatever. That is not optional, the 'need' you get when you walk into Tesco is manufactured and massaged by their advertising and they sell products for just 1/10th of what independent stores do, just because they want to lose out on a few pennies so that you don't go elsewhere.

It's *******s, several independent butchers, grocery stores, newsagents etc. have recently gone bust because my local council decided that allowing a Tesco to be built in the local area would help improve custom and the local economy. *******s to that, your just doing exactly what all the advertising campaigns want you to do: Give in to the megacorp and forget about the people who need to make a living of their customers.
01010000 01001010
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lonelykatana)
I weed my self reading that
O rly? Perhaps if you new anything you would understand that Tesco sell milk at the loss of 5p per pint. The only possible reason they would do that is so you fall into their little trap and buy loads of unwanted, irrelevant **** at the expense of local independent stores.
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lewroll)
WTF... WHAT THE ****... this is really annoying. Soon you wont be able to say 'Honey, I'm home' without some feminist group jumping up your arse about 'objectifying women' or 'referring to them as a sweet food product'. We should all (men and women) buy that shirt out of protest.
I'm sorry what? In what sense is that ever appropriate. You cannot refer to women as an object like that. They cannot be reduced down to honey. Or do you somehow think that it's acceptable to make the claim that women are food? What are you some kind of cannibal? I can't believe you eat porridge with drizzled girlfriend all over it.

On a serious note, are there only men and women?
Lewroll
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
I'm sorry what? In what sense is that ever appropriate. You cannot refer to women as an object like that. They cannot be reduced down to honey. Or do you somehow think that it's acceptable to make the claim that women are food? What are you some kind of cannibal? I can't believe you eat porridge with drizzled girlfriend all over it.

On a serious note, are there only men and women?
I like my girlfriends how I like my honey; sweet, tasty and silent :sexface:

Yes there are only men and women. What sort of question is that?
lonelykatana
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
O rly? Perhaps if you new anything you would understand that Tesco sell milk at the loss of 5p per pint. The only possible reason they would do that is so you fall into their little trap and buy loads of unwanted, irrelevant **** at the expense of local independent stores.
Your cute :blush::blush:

I did know that, they do the same with many other products too. Just like ALL shops do.

Oh, and I dont shop at tesco, cutie pie.
Blueflare
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Some people were tragically born without a sense of humour... :sigh:
blahhh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There are soooooo many T-Shirts out there that are much worse......
Michael Locke
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't understand why they're complaining. Anyone who would wear a 'witty' t-shirt like that is invariably an idiot, so it actually helps women know who to avoid.
shadow99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Some people need to just lighten up, it's only a tshirt !
01010000 01001010
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lonelykatana)
Your cute :blush::blush:

I did know that, they do the same with many other products too. Just like ALL shops do.

Oh, and I dont shop at tesco, cutie pie.
Haha, oh wow.

I'm sure you're one of these people who looks at my posts and then instantly feels the need to respond with some ignorant comment. Was it you who created a new account and then sent me hatemail? You seem like the type to do so.

Whether or not you shop at Tesco is not what I was trying to get at, nor is it relevant to the argument of whether or not megacorp supermarkets help destroy the local economy of independent stores. Clearly your misinterpretation skills exceed your ignorance.
john87
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
feminists
InsaneFandom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aha how pathetic :p:
How sad must you be to actually complain about things like this..
SpiritedAway
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I never realised calling a girl a "bird" was sexist :dontknow:. Maybe it's a northern thing that it's not?

That T-shirt looked tacky anyway, but it's just humour. It's no different to those xplicit t-shirts which many high street stores sell (I think that's what they're called) - which again, is just humour.
Le_Bow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hooray for moronic feminism
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads