My handwriting is utterly terrible--illegible in most cases. Best way to improve it? Watch

Sadian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I can't find/decide on what kind of handwriting style to change to. Could anyone help me with a picture or anything?
Sadian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Ugh, this is so frustrating! I'm trying my hardest to write neat but I always misjudge the size and do some letters a different size than my previous ones!
brionysmith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
back to old school, dot to dots. I don't want to sound patronising but it will help.
amsie/
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sadian)
Wait, really? You mean, if a handwriting is bad, they actually try to decipher it? I've been told on and on that an examiner has lots of papers to mark and if he sees yours and sees that the handwriting is utterly bad, then he'll only mark the parts he can easily read. My teachers have told me on and on that the examiner won't mark anything that would take him a while to read. Was this just something they told me to try and get me to try harder to improve my handwriting? Because it's really made me worry about all my results and if the examiner was able to read it or not.

Same to you! I mean, I've been told on and on that if your handwriting is bad, the examiners won't try any harder to read yours than they did for others.
Hey,
I had a bit of a problem too, I got extra time & my teachers were allowed to read/ make it clearer before sending my papers off. I got tested though & found out I'm a bit slow :erm:
laureng492
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I knew a guy who had really bad handwriting in school, and because of that, he got extra time in his exams so he could take his time so his writing wouldn't be so bad. Maybe you could get in touch with learning support to see if you could qualify for extra time? It's nothing to be embarrassed about because this guy was actually really clever!
cheesemouse
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sadian)
I can write neat and all but the problem is, in exams, it's near illegible. It's not that I can't write neat--I can--but when it comes to exams, I can't answer the questions without scrawling it down with messy letters. Basically, when I try write naturally without focusing on my handwriting, it turns out bad. How do I make my natural handwriting, where I don't think about neatness, good? Are there any easy ways? Is the only way to just practise writing letters clearly and structured until it gets added to my muscle memory?

Help would be much appreciated. I don't want to utterly fail my GCSEs because of this.
hey there, try a fountain pen with a wide nib helped me lots also don't write in birrow
cheesemouse
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hey try using fountain pen with a wide nib
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.69%
No - but I will (82)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (511)
47.67%

Watched Threads