A "Creme Egg brownie" recipe. Watch

Jobud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
:itsme:
Mine didn't come out perfectly, but that might have been more an error on my part - I think I put them in at gas mark 4 (which would be roughly 180C) rather than at a slightly lower temperature. End result was that most of the ones around the edges were burnt, but surprisingly still nice (the ones that were slightly burnt but not totally black were rather chewy but still tasted chocolatey)
Yeah I don't think you can get exactly 170 degrees on a oven that uses gas mark, so not really your fault it's a bit hit and miss, the first time I cooked them they were a bit dry (and burnt) as I left them in too long, but they were still good, and the second time I managed to get it right. As long as they were edible I guess
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:sogood:
Ca11ie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jobud)
Yeah I don't think you can get exactly 170 degrees on a oven that uses gas mark, so not really your fault it's a bit hit and miss, the first time I cooked them they were a bit dry (and burnt) as I left them in too long, but they were still good, and the second time I managed to get it right. As long as they were edible I guess
Yep, mine were a bit dry too, but i think that's just because i cooked them in a fan oven so should've taken them out after 20 instead of 30 mins. They're tasty, but don't taste all that different from regular brownies, can't really taste the creme eggs =(
Still a really good recipe tho!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.96%
No - but I will (98)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.95%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (600)
47.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise