Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    I think it's really hard to avoid blood ON patients in healthcare. You could be on a rehab ward and still get a fall with blood everywhere and head injury, or iv access falling out, coughing it up, vomiting it up, pooing it out, weeing it out, or wounds dehissing. Some professions it may be rare, but it could still happen and be unavoidable!
    Yeah i think its best if i forget healthcare for a bit and search elsewhere! ..... Thank you all for helping me!

ReputationRep:
    pyshciatry...then you work in a hospital with sick people but not as much blood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash.otter)
    Microbiologist?
    Virologist?
    Mycologist?

People always seem to forget about the microbiology department.... haha
    Apart from the fact that bacteriology is the way to go (;p), if the OP isn't fond of blood I don't think sputum samples etc. is the way to go!

You think micro is bad? Immunology is like the forgotten child of lab med. We're even in a different hospital in my trust!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should become a phlebotomist.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.