I'm taking my mum to a mothers' day meal :cool:
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by grape:))
I'm taking my mum to a mothers' day meal :cool:
I am doing this now too (except not on Mother's Day); I bought her a voucher for a restaurant so that when my brother is home from uni the four of us can all go out for a meal, because my mum likes it when the four of us are home together.

Now I'm just looking for something little to go with it, possibly a little Swarovski crystal still but I'm not sure yet!
Vybz Kartel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
a card, £30 and a hug.
Jen_App
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A hamster
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pensivedore)
Oh shi*, mothers day!
You can't actually get my mum anything because she hates most things, I mean, the woman hates CHOCOLATE and she doesn't like fake jewelry 'cause it makes her SKIN ITCH! I just can't win.
Saaame. Allergic to fake jewellery and she's also diabetic.

Maybe take her out shopping as I get paid on the 1st but I'm definitely baking a cake or a trifle which hasn't got an insane sugar/fat content.
insignificant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Okay thought I'd give you all an update on my present! My mum and auntie LOVE the hairy bikers (the chefs) and they are doing a signing of their latest book in town. So me and my cousins are gonna get them into town to surprise them when we whip out their latest book and tell them that they are here to sign it can't wait to see my mums face!
Liv1204
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by insignificant)
Okay thought I'd give you all an update on my present! My mum and auntie LOVE the hairy bikers (the chefs) and they are doing a signing of their latest book in town. So me and my cousins are gonna get them into town to surprise them when we whip out their latest book and tell them that they are here to sign it can't wait to see my mums face!
Aww, that's a really nice idea!
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ive got her 2 candles and a photo frame.
.x.Steff.x.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
me and my sis got her a new coffee table for the conservatory, she can't afford one atm so she was shocked when it turned up because we didn't tell her =)
Louzilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm cross stitching a picture of our dog that died in January. She still misses him so it will be a surprise.
SAK.A
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyday is mothers day. Why should I take out a certain day in my calender to make her feel special,surely I should make her feel special on a daily basis.
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i find it strange how some people are basically implying that if someone buys their mum something for mother's day, then they're not showing them any love any other day of the year.

methinks they're just stingy...
insignificant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Louzilla)
I'm cross stitching a picture of our dog that died in January. She still misses him so it will be a surprise.
Thats such a nice idea!
ChaoticSkills
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A box of her anti depressants.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My younger sis is paying the train fare to come down from Nottingham and has booked a fancy restaurant for lunch, so we're not doing presents other than that. Might buy her some flowers though.

I made my mother figure a scrapbook about the plays we did together and gave her a hug (have issues with physical contact, so she knows that's a huge deal for me)
Pinball_heart
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Definitely a moonpig card.
converselove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've either got £45 (£40 from my iPod that I sold, if they give me the money) or £5..

My plans are to get mum a card, a candle (she loves them), flowers (she's obsessed with flowers) and possibly a cat ornament (we have 3 cats)! If I only have £5 then just a card and flowers lol

Edit: Never mind about the cat ornament, the living room window sill has quite a few on them. Bugger! Maybe a Willowtree figure then. .
helpnowplease
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'll get a nice cake ordered for her from the bakers..with 'Mummy, I love you...But please don't call me everyday at university. Also, I'm old enough to go out after 6pm' in small.....written on it :P
insignificant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pinball_heart)
Definitely a moonpig card.
funkypigeon.com are doing free cards
adoringcarmine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
a book. she actually just said to me that she wants a photo of me and my brothers and dog so that's a pretty cheap idea for anyone who's broke
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise