Turn on thread page Beta

How the hell do people meet guys that don't just want a one night stand?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, broke up with my boyfriend of a year about 6 months ago, and since then I have had terrible luck with guys; all they seem to want is sex, and then never to speak again.

I don't know whether it's coming to uni, and the uni lifestyle, but yeah. Back before my ex, when I was back home, I didn't have any problem finding guys who were interested. Indeed, my friends even joked that I was going on dates with a different guy each week. I met most/all of these guys on nights out, and that's how I met my ex as well, and it's just always seemed like the best place to find guys.

However since being at uni, I occasionally get with guys when I'm out, and I've had two one night stands. They never want to do so much as speak again, indeed one guy even went as far as deleting me off facebook after he got with me! I don't have any problem pulling on a night out, however anything more than that is just a no-go, for some reason.

I just don't understand, when I see people with boyfriends, I think how the hell did they meet them? I've kinda gathered that guys on nights out just want to "shag a solid 8/10, LAD" but how else are you supposed to meet guys? There aren't that many guys on my course.

And I'm not one of those annoying whiney girls that just "wants a boyfriend NOW". Actually quite the opposite, I'm not even looking for a boyfriend, (though I'm not NOT looking either, if you get me) I just don't understand how I'm supposed to meet someone that I can maybe go on a few dates with, hang out with a bit. Any suggestions?!

p.s. I'm not ugly either, perhaps even quite alright looking! I know I'm not amazing looking or about to become a model but I don't think the problem is in the looks department, tbh.

luls.

If this post is anything to go by you're as much the reason for your failings to find a 'decent guy' as anything.

ReputationRep:
    Change your scenary, go to like starbucks, or the library, or to a canal or something and find one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixiefairy)
    Change your scenary, go to like starbucks, or the library, or to a canal or something and find one
    Who the hell 'picks people up' in these places :mmm:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Who the hell 'picks people up' in these places :mmm:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    :nooo: me you fool!, there was this one guy once..... :teehee:

he was drinking a cappucino, i was drinking a hazelnut mocha

he was looking at this blueberry cheesecake,

i was looking at his stubble :gah:

ReputationRep:
    [LOGIC]"Maybe if I have sex with strangers I just met in a club I'll find a nice guy who wants to be in a relationship with me!"[/LOGIC]

ReputationRep:
    Lol kinda harsh Harry, i think she got the message after the first post!
    I thinkt he answer is clear: absolutely anywhere but the clubs you go 3 times a week

ReputationRep:
    What did you expect? Night clubs is NOT for meeting decent guys at least not for the long term...there is only one thing on their mind.

Maybe starting looking into the proper places like cafes, library, book shop etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixiefairy)
    :nooo: me you fool!, there was this one guy once..... :teehee:

he was drinking a cappucino, i was drinking a hazelnut mocha

he was looking at this blueberry cheesecake,

i was looking at his stubble :gah:
    I thought you were gonna break out in song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    I thought you were gonna break out in song.
    a song?.... I can arrange that for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    What did you expect? Night clubs is NOT for meeting decent guys at least not for the long term...there is only one thing on their mind.

Maybe starting looking into the proper places like cafes, library, book shop etc
    I agree,

ReputationRep:
    I think the two problems you are having are:

1) Your two one nights stands and discussion of how you have no problem "pulling" would indicate that the type of lads you want to meet are the type that just want "to give you a good seeing to" and then never see you again. Just another notch on the bed post for these lads.

2) You are looking for lads on a night out. That's exactly why they are there - one night stands. I have many mates that go out on the pull, one of which who phoned me the following morning "from some birds bed". Don't "be that bird".

Time to change your approach and re-evaluate. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly you could find a decent guy in a club but there's a very rare chance you would like 5/100 you could keep trying or ask them if they are just looking for sex before giving them sex however then they can lie get in bed then ditch you in the morning, so I'd agree with the others make friends with people in class and try find somebody with similar interests.

ReputationRep:
    As this thread is over a year old I'm going to close it now. Please do not bump old threads.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2012
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.