Is there anyone that prefers CDs (and CD players) as opposed to downloads? Watch

Potiron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
Good job you like arcane texts, otherwise that would be a pretty small library

That sounds cool, but I'd probably do my usual habit of reading til 3am and I would then be too scared to leave =/
I think I would have a little alcove with a hammock to sleep in if that was the case. I like hammocks.

I really want to own loads of dusty leather bound occult books. I want magic to be real :sad:
ilamba1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
naaaaaaaaa
Sonny_J_D
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like owning an album physically, with the artwork and booklets etc

I really prefer vinyl though - it feels much more special
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do, I hate downloads. I don't like the fact you don't have a physical copy of the music, I like looking at the album sleeves and also, if all your music is on your computer, and then it crashes, you've potentially lost everything.
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)
I do, I hate downloads. I don't like the fact you don't have a physical copy of the music, I like looking at the album sleeves and also, if all your music is on your computer, and then it crashes, you've potentially lost everything.
At least if that does happen, (or with me where it has a short battery life to play music on), CDs are great. Just plug in and play.
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
At least if that does happen, (or with me where it has a short battery life to play music on), CDs are great. Just plug in and play.
Exactly. I just hope enough people keep buying CDs so that they don't stop producing them! That would be a shame
im so academic
(Original post by d123)
Exactly. I just hope enough people keep buying CDs so that they don't stop producing them! That would be a shame
I know. I still want them to be available when I'm an adult.
michael clayton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
I know. I still want them to be available when I'm an adult.
You are an adult lol.
harrietta
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
there is something quite nice about owning an album. But i just download the music and burn it to CD. does that count haha?
Ears
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like having the physical copy to add to my collection, and to easily play in the car. Plus, I just pop it in the laptop, and have it on my itunes too. Win win
Billo007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate downloads as I don't feel like I actually own the music. It's just some files on my computer. I only purchase physical music like Cds and Vinyl. It feels good to be able to hold the music in my hands.
im so academic
(Original post by Billo007)
I hate downloads as I don't feel like I actually own the music. It's just some files on my computer. I only purchase physical music like Cds and Vinyl. It feels good to be able to hold the music in my hands.
:sexface: Totally agree with you.
Pi!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like CDs. I like taking the trip to Rough Trade East in Brick Lane because HMV's ****. I like flipping through the notes. I like being able to lend them to people.
TobeTheHero
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I prefer downloads. But I understand what you mean. I love the feeling when you put your favourite CD in the cd player
metalthrashin'mad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like buying CD's, but don't buy from stores because a) ridiculously overpriced most of the time and b) albums such as "forever street metal *****" by Abigail aren't usually found in HMV.

I mostly buy from play or amazon, but the other day I got the doors - strange days and dio - collection in HMV for £4 and £3. I wish there was a shop in canterbury that sold loads of metal stuff.
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Double vinyl all the wayyyy
JK471993
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love the feeling of having a tangible discography stacked up in a corner but it is impractical when playing music on CDs. I am a bit of a flicker.
Dagnabbit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
More recently, I've been downloading for convenience and because I don't have space for CDs at uni generally. At my parent's house I have this massive CD rack that shows all the different phases I've had (ska, indie, dubstep, Christian) and it's rather pretty
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
FLAC ftw
Repressor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I buy CDs still... Mainly so I can rip them and get lossless quality, no download sites allow this...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads