Turn on thread page Beta

PRTC help please watch

ReputationRep:
    Sgt Inch High's words may sound harsh but they're true. And that's certainly NOT the first time he's said what he just said.

However it sounds like you're doing the right thing. Good luck with your next application.

To answer Nag1'a question - Chef will clarify but when I did PRTC, you do the running first, then if you fail you dont to the Press Ups or Sit ups, they send you on your way there and then after they've given you some advise about getting fit for next time.

10 Does seen quite a high number to have failed though, I am quite surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Wly, I didn't take inch high DI's comment badly, I agree, I failed, no matter what reason I failed for,

So inch high I've learned my lesson and won't be making the same mistake again, I want this and won't quit, I deserved to fail, I accepted it and that's that,

Nag to answer your question, I looked behind me to look at the guy next to me as he got called out, I slowed down and couldn't catch back up, but no excuses its my fault and I should of minded my own business,

to wly and nag1 - I still has to complete my press ups and sit ups, of which I both passed, felt a bit pointless, but I wasn't going to question the pti's and get a bad mark to ky name for future applications,

Regards, Kelvin

ReputationRep:
    Quick question to anyone who knows the answer- the 2 weeks extra I have to do because I'm female, are these going to be before the RTS start date I've been given or are they done at the end of the course??A Corporal at the AFCO seemed to think I would do them at the end which seemed very odd!

ReputationRep:
    I was under the assumption it was before... in your "raf halton, welcome to recruit training" booklet, I believe it says "females and some males must complete 2 weeks of fitness conditioning training at raf halton before training" but don't quote me on that, I'm at work still so I don't know for sure

Kelvin

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=chef-for-raf;30714581Nag to answer your question, I looked behind me to look at the guy next to me as he got called out, I slowed down and couldn't catch back up, [/QUOTE]

My daughter is trying to join the RAf at the moment and to this end she organised herself a weeks work experience at an RAf base whilst waiting for her PRTC date.
    During her week there was an RAFFT for some of the base personell.
    She took part in this and did EXACTLY this. Lucky for her it didnt matter, but someone was being shouted at for not hitting the line and my daughter slowed to look behind her, couldnt catch up and stopped at 6.7.
    She knows now just to keep running till they drag her away if and when PRTC happens.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah your daughter was lucky, trust me it sucks, only 5 months and 1 week till I reapply, tell your daughter to not make that mistake again, worst 30 seconds of my life... everything went into slow motion, even my running

Has she got her prtc dates yet? Give her my best,

Kelvin

ReputationRep:
    not yet, over a month since her PJFT.
    The wait is killing her, is this wait normal?

ReputationRep:
    I believe, maybe someone will correct me, that they issue prtc dates on the basis of how much the trade is in need of new personal,as a chef, we are in demand at the moment, I got from interview to prtc in 6 weeks, but 1 lad I studied public services with in collage waited 11 months for his prtc after his pjft, so, who knows

Kelvin

ReputationRep:
    I am a recent Halton graduate.. If you have any specific questions then please feel free to PM me. This forum was a huge help to me and I want to repay that

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i finished my interviews and PJFT etc around June 2010 and only got my PRTC March 21st, joining in 3 weeks now. Well worth the wait, but the wait's killer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by focussed)
    I am a recent Halton graduate.. If you have any specific questions then please feel free to PM me. This forum was a huge help to me and I want to repay that
    hi there.was just wondering about the press ups.does your arms go at at 45 degree angle or u have to go all the way down.maybe silly question but i thought il ask,thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your arms have to go to a 90 degree angle

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2012
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.