Is uni a waste of time for someone who can't get at least CCC/CCD etc at A Level? Watch

megaduck
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you can't cope with A-levels, where you can retake bits you fail and you have schools telling you what to do, you might well struggle at university where you're treated as an adult and expected to organise your own work and the work is (or should be!) harder.
NATHANRJROCHE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tracyism)
I agree with the what you are saying about wasting money on people that don't want to work put the effort in. But, the point you made about it being tax-payers moneys is totally irrelevant. Students have to pay the money back, some students may not have to pay it all, but its not free. On top that we also have to pay interest, so I would be fair in saying, it would be them getting them self into debt. It may be 'tax-payers money' now, but in the future it will be them paying back into the 'system' for other students to do as they have
Ahh but that is where you're incorrect, UK students around £3,000 but the universities actually charge about £14,000, the amount that the foreign students pay, that is £11,000 a year being payed for entirely by the state for every student, so my point still stands
Xyla
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm likely to be getting CCC but I got an unconditional before I even took half of my A Level exams, it's all about individual talents/potential/prospects.
CPN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A mate of mine got really bad alevels and is now working for Accenture (top notch company) and they didnt even go to a good university! Like someone said earlier its just a stepping-stone! But tbh if you start working hard now then it will make your life in the future a whole lot easier! Goodluck
venomrush
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Employers nowadays don't usually look at the grades.
Work experience is more valuable than what you get in school/uni.
alidawwggg
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tbh if you don't feel your doing well at the course you are taking now, why would you want to take it further? i find the things you do well in are the things your most passionate about, so perhaps try a new subject or something? and what course do you want to do at uni?
LukeMorgan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Why!)
But I know some people who try very hard but still only get very low grades. It's unfair.
Yeah I'm one of those people.
Fantaisie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. People want different things from an education and as long as a uni accepts you there is no reason you shouldn't go.
Jazzeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by venomrush)
Employers nowadays don't usually look at the grades.
Work experience is more valuable than what you get in school/uni.
Well that is a load of nonsensical codswallop.
sclez1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Why!)
And if so, why do smarter people deserve better jobs and higher wages? Is this not a little unfair? It can't be someone's fault is they are not clever enough to do academics and exams, because what if they are still very good at working a job, which surely must count the most?
You'd have to be an idiot to think that it's completely fair that some people are born smarter than others, but I don't think in a functioning society anyone will ever be able to make life completely fair.
Unununium
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LukeMorgan)
Yeah I'm one of those people.
yep me too! :/ pays off tho - i may have got CCD at A level but ive got into university to study the course ive always wanted to do - thats the biggest reward of them all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.48%
No (615)
72.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise