Turn on thread page Beta

Sexual discrimination AGAINST GUYS in terms of bouncers, nightclubs watch

ReputationRep:
    It's gender discrimination. But nobody will do anything since it is not against a "persecuted minority".

"Being good for business" isn't a valid reason for doing something like that. Sure, that is definitely why it is happening, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    It's gender discrimination. But nobody will do anything since it is not against a "persecuted minority".

"Being good for business" isn't a valid reason for doing something like that. Sure, that is definitely why it is happening, but that doesn't make it acceptable.
    I'd happily trade better pay and more respect in society in general for being able to get in to some scuzzy nightclub for free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinywings)
    I'd happily trade better pay and more respect in society in general for being able to get in to some scuzzy nightclub for free.
    Lol men and women could argue indefinitely above the relative advantages and disadvantages of each gender.

I could just reply with "I'd happily trade my higher pay for custody of the child after a divorce" or something lol.

I was just talking about this one specific scenario with nightclubs, not making a statement about men and women in society in general.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay guys, the ECJ is coming.

ReputationRep:
    Well its the way the night club industry operates and as someone brought up if theres more girls and less guys in a club theres likely to be less fights so I don't think it would be a good idea doing all the equality stuff.

Also clubs and what not probally operate under a licesnse similar to a public house licence in which it is at the owners discretion who they allows in as even though its 'public' the place is registered as a private property so they can charge what they like to whoever they want and kick you out if they want to. Thus they dont operate under the same rules as say a supermarket or starbucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kMt)
    LOL I look hot every time I go clubbing and I always get asked for ID.. every london club I've been to asks for ID
    aka you're butters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the dildo bazooka)
    aka you're butters
    LOL I'm actually BUFF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemyster)

Also clubs and what not probally operate under a licesnse similar to a public house licence in which it is at the owners discretion who they allows in as even though its 'public' the place is registered as a private property so they can charge what they like to whoever they want and kick you out if they want to. Thus they dont operate under the same rules as say a supermarket or starbucks
    If that was the case, then why did the gay couple successfuly sue a Christan Bed and Breakfast, which refused to give them a room? Indeed, that Christian couple was universally condemned on this forum and in the media.

Discrimination against gays? An outrage.

Discrimination against men in nightclubs? "Totally fair, due to business"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Regardless of the rest, the bolded bit is illegal in England now, so that won't be happening any time soon.

However, if you want males to have the upper hand, just go to a male-gay bar. Seriously, not that hard to find anymore.

It's also dependent on the bouncers themselves. Male bouncers generally let more girls in, yes, but female bouncers will let more males in. It's not so much discrimination as just seeing what you'd prefer. The manager of the bar may ask more girls to be let in, because more girls in a bar is better for business, end of.

As for getting in younger, I was getting into bars and clubs when I was 14, without low cut tops. Dressing scantily and showing off cleavage does wonders but guys can do similar things, though lack the ability to show off flesh.
    but when do you ever see a female bouncer?
    i go to lots of clubs in england and only 1 has a female bouncer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    If that was the case, then why did the gay couple successfuly sue a Christan Bed and Breakfast, which refused to give them a room? Indeed, that Christian couple was universally condemned on this forum and in the media.

Discrimination against gays? An outrage.

Discrimination against men in nightclubs? "Totally fair, due to business"
    A B&B is not a nightclub. They run under different licences and theres different laws and issues involved.

Being 'outraged' against by gays being refused to stay in a B&B is a totally different issues and just an opinion. An outrage to some but fair enough to others.

ReputationRep:
    you shouldnt go to those crappy nightclubs. you shouldnt have to queue.

only when you are in a mixed group you should go to those places. its fun because you dont have to talk. its hard, tiresome and exhausting to talk sometimes. when you are on a date with someone you dont really like you should go to one of your nightclubs.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, £13 is kinda normal for you guys? I'd crap my pants if I had to pay that much for a regular club on a regular night.

ReputationRep:
    Good nightclubs employ good bouncers and they're always strict about IDs. I've never been to a club where they've let in a 14 year old for looking hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooney1000)
    but when do you ever see a female bouncer?
    i go to lots of clubs in england and only 1 has a female bouncer
    I've worked and been to a fair few places with female bouncers. They're not common, but that's more to do with the job than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    because...........

:bump:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tariq786)
    :bump:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    its the only way to get people in. women dont even get anything out of clubs as far as i can see except pervs and diseases and abuse...so they need to be bribed to go. and furthermore, if no women were being bribed into going then no men would go either and the club would be virtually empty

ReputationRep:
    Its so the tash to gash ratio is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manc990)
    Its so the tash to gash ratio is good
    tash to gash lol

ReputationRep:
    No one is going to pay to go to a club full of men. Lots will pay for one full of girls - supply and demand really.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.