Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide! Watch

ElfManiac
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I tried a ham, cream cheese and pineapple sandwich at uni once. I could kind of see the thinking behind it - ham and cream cheese is good, ham and pineapple on pizza is good (not convinced about it in a sandwich), but all three together was just disgusting.
Never, ever again!
Ultimate_Geek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HistoryRepeating)
We could never be friends.

Also do you resent your parents for not teaching you good table manners?
I have impeccable table manners, I just choose to be a little unconventional.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We could never be friends.

Also do you resent your parents for not teaching you good table manners?
From the way you went on in your previous post i wouldnt want to be your friend, you sound an arrogant tosser.
flying plum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Overcooking ANYTHING (steak, vegitables, pork, even chicken).

People who are really picky about food, especially healthy or exotic food.

People who wont try something once ("I know I wont like it").

Ketchup - its not disgusting its just a horriblly overpowering taste that ruins good cooking. I would genuinely kick someone out of a dinner party for asking for ketchup.

Mayonaise on anything other than chips (or in tunagoo and a few other specific concepts). Especially salad - who the **** does that?

People who ask for beer with my well cooked meal despite me having picked out a perfect, complimentary wine. Seriously **** off back to MaccyDs

In fact, anyone who doesnt drink wine with a good meal. What a waste.

People who deliberately pick something cheap on the menu then make a big deal out of splitting the bill (and, generally, forget tip or tax).

Vegans (I can just about tolerate vegetarians as long as they keep it quiet, though my favourite veges are the ones who will occasionally eat meat at a dinner party so as not to ruin it for everyone else... no you cant bring your own food you stupid ****)

Anyone who doesnt like a fryup when they are hungover

PEOPLE WHO CANT USE CUTLERY PROPERLY. Seriously get out of my house and never speak to me again for the rest of your life.

Anyone who doesnt believe in seasoning.

People who throw away food before its gone off because they are afraid of germs.

Anyone who eats fastfood regularly. twice a year, while ****faced, is your limit. Kebabs while drunk excepted.
what a plonker. are you 55? And I don't think you've got any worries about vegans coming over to your house...we're normally quite a tolerant open-minded lot, but we generally have a ****-ometer and learn to avoid people like you who thinks it's amusing to wave steak in our faces...
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Potiron)
:eek: Chips with anything other than mayonnaise!

The icky 'ban' bit of what should be an 'offee' pie.
Agree with both of these! :five:
Jaredss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Overcooking veg and throw bread/cake when its gone stale. I love stale cake dunked in tea
miranda13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by py0alb)
I take it you don't like pears and stilton then? Or cranberry sauce and turkey? Or apple sauce and salty pork? Or bacon and maple syrup? Or salty peanuts in chocolate bars? Or lamb tagine? Or chocolate coated pretzels? Or prosciutto and cantaloupe melon? Or strawberrys with balsamic vinegar? or chinese five spice?

Some of the best flavour combinations ever discovered mix sweet and savoury flavours together. This unnatural obsession with dividing flavours into sweet and savoury is a rather provincial british one.
all thosee things you mentioned sound vile. i really can't stand sweet food mixed in my meal at all. saying that i did think i was pretty unusual in my hatred for it
Potiron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TimmonaPortella)
Agree with both of these! :five:
:five:

You don't agree that I should murder my thieving flat mate then?
FormerlyHistoryStudent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by miranda13)
all thosee things you mentioned sound vile. i really can't stand sweet food mixed in my meal at all. saying that i did think i was pretty unusual in my hatred for it
Apple sauce with roast pork works, and although I don't think I've ever tried proscuitto with canteloupe melon it does sound like it would also work. Nothing wrong with some raisins in a lamb tagine, either. Not sure about the salted peanuts with chocolate, though saying that I dislike salty nuts on their own anyway let alone with chocolate as well. Same thing with the pears with Stilton - I hate Stilton anyway so wouldn't like it any more or less with pear added to it.
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Potiron)
:five:

You don't agree that I should murder my thieving flat mate then?
It was the shooting part I didn't agree with. Messy.
yesioo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
PEOPLE WHO THROW THINGS OUT A DAY AFTER IT'S USE BY DATE!

irritates the hell out off me! Just give it a sniff and a prod. It's usually fine.
Potiron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TimmonaPortella)
It was the shooting part I didn't agree with. Messy.
I'm pretty sure I'll get over the trauma. I just hope they choke on a chicken bone.

Back on topic - I don't know why anyone would put sweetcorn on pizza, just seems wrong.
dnumberwang
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone who eats fastfood sober.
there is nothing wrong with this
py0alb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Overcooking ANYTHING (steak, vegitables, pork, even chicken).

People who are really picky about food, especially healthy or exotic food.

People who wont try something once ("I know I wont like it").

Ketchup - its not disgusting its just a horriblly overpowering taste that ruins good cooking. I would genuinely kick someone out of a dinner party for asking for ketchup.

Mayonaise on anything other than chips (or in tunagoo and a few other specific concepts). Especially salad - who the **** does that?

People who ask for beer with my well cooked meal despite me having picked out a perfect, complimentary wine. Seriously **** off back to MaccyDs

People who deliberately pick something cheap on the menu then make a big deal out of splitting the bill (and, generally, forget tip or tax).

Vegans (I can just about tolerate vegetarians)

Anyone who doesnt like a fryup when they are hungover

PEOPLE WHO CANT USE CUTLERY PROPERLY. Seriously get out of my house and never speak to me again for the rest of your life.

Anyone who doesnt believe in seasoning.

People who throw away food before its gone off because they are afraid of germs.

Anyone who eats fastfood sober.
I actually agree with about 3/4s of this, although I'm not quite so militant about it.
mamooshka
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Baked beans and gravy on the same plate. :nooo:

And the mayo-tuna sandwich, which is essentially 90% mayo.
py0alb
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
Apple sauce with roast pork works, and although I don't think I've ever tried proscuitto with canteloupe melon it does sound like it would also work. Nothing wrong with some raisins in a lamb tagine, either. Not sure about the salted peanuts with chocolate, though saying that I dislike salty nuts on their own anyway let alone with chocolate as well. Same thing with the pears with Stilton - I hate Stilton anyway so wouldn't like it any more or less with pear added to it.
Posh ham n melon is a wedding starter staple. You never had a snickers bar? They're quite salty.
Mm_Minty
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by I<3LAMP)
Tomato Ketchup with Mashed Potato or ANY Roast.

WHY ruin such culinary effort!
My brothers and dad all do this, it's like WHYYYYYYY??
All you need to add to it is salt or butter! Ketchup RUINS an otherwise lovely meal!

(Original post by TotoMimo)
Another one I've experienced was just this past Christmas, and it wound me up really badly.

At Christmas, I received a box of Signature Selection Hotel Chocolat chocolates; now, these are pretty damned premium stuff (I think they work out like £1-£1.50 PER CHOCOLATE) so they're very coveted by me... but hey, it's Christmas, right? So I crack open this £25-£30 box of chocolates and offer one to my mum, dad, and sister JUST as my Aunt visits. Clearly I'm not going to pass out chocolates to some people and not others, so my Aunt (who, can I just state for the record, is even more of a total commoner than my immediate family, which says a lot considering our usual meals were special offers from Farmfoods most days) was offered one too. She picked out &quot;whatever one has caramel in it&quot; and took a big bite out of it, grimaced, and said &quot;oh, that's rotten, that one&quot;, throwing the remainder away, immediately snatching the opportunity to look at the little chocolate menu and grabbing a different variety, to which she had the same reaction and said &quot;Tommy, what kind of chocolate are they, they taste rancid!&quot;

This alone would've been enough to send me over the edge, but managing to salvage about two thirds of my box from the clutches of the &quot;I'm going to sit here and take a bite out of every one in the box and spit it out like a toddler&quot; brigade, I put the lid back on and put them through onto the kitchen counter. After exchanging gifts, my mum enquired where my young 8-year old cousin was (who had come with my Aunt), and I went through into the kitchen, to see the greedy little pig munching through my chocolates - and I mean, munching. You know in cartoons when you see them not even finishing what's in their mouth before grabbing another? That. With Hotel Chocolat Signature Collection chocolates.

I will never forget the number 8, because it was literally, the number of chocolates remaining in the box I got to keep to myself.
Oh my dear God.
I would need therapy if that happened to me D:
Reminds me of when my cousin came around whilst I was at school and mum let him play with my WATERCOLOURS and he squeezed all the brightest colours from THE MIDDLE OF THE TUBE and squeezed out SO MUCH PAINT and then didn't even use most of it. :nooo: Not really food related but still the same sense of agony, I think.

(Original post by yesioo)
PEOPLE WHO THROW THINGS OUT A DAY AFTER IT'S USE BY DATE!

irritates the hell out off me! Just give it a sniff and a prod. It's usually fine.
Some idiot in my flat keep throwing my milk when its past its use by and I'm like FFS I'm perfectly capable of throwing out my own milk!!!! It's not stinking out the fridge so I really have no idea what business it is of theirs.

BAHHHH this thread is making me rage :rant:
Becca-Sarah
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My flatmate puts cranberries in his korma. I can just about understand/tolerate raisins in there, but cranberries?
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Eating meat . . .

Please don't flame me.

I can't think of anything so weird that I'd call it a food crime. I didn't used to like it when people rejected the sealed part of a roast (you know, the slightly tougher bit around the outside) but it just meant more for me. That was before I stopped eating roasts, ofc.

I like ketchup but there is a time, place and acceptable quantity. A thin layer for flavor or a pot to dip, but don't douse ANYTHING in it! It's rank in large amounts and quite spoils the food.

I hate it when food reaches my plate that's never seen salt, pepper, herbs or spices. All food needs some sort of seasoning and leaning what/how much is one of the arts of cooking.

I have some weird habits with my food - I'm sure I do things that freak other people out a bit. Rasins and rice crispies in porridge? YES PLEASE!

Oh, big annoyance - throwing food away before the sell-by date, let alone before the use-by date, unless it has gone off prematurely. Good food is good food and unless you have a compromised immune system (or it's a very special case) you'll be FINE. The opposite is also true - I hate people that buy something and then let it fester and go mouldy.

Oversteaming/boiling veg. Boiled veg is generally rank anyway but overboiling it until it is totally impotent and flavorless? Why!?

Favourite greasy pizza topping? Pineapple, mushroom and garlic butter. But only for nasty, take-away pizzas.

EDIT - yay, I got negged for this!

EDIT 2 - that wasn't an invitation to keep negging me.
Sangha236
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I remember this guy in high school buying a slice of pizza with beans in the canteen. Really odd combination.

Sweetcorn on pizza works.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1279)
79.74%
Leave (325)
20.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed