Right Wing or Left Wing Watch

metjush
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
I'm very far left.

Ever since we studied Liberal-Anarchism in Government Politics, I've found that to be my more keyed in Political-Stance.

Completely unworkable, sure. However, I would consider myself an Anarchist; If I was going to tag myself a Political-Ideology.

That's just me, though: I would never stray into Right-Wing Political Ideologies. They just don't appeal to me, really. :dontknow:
How about anarchocapitalism? The same as other "right-wing" ideologies (though it is a far cry from anything that would be usually considered right wing), or you are willing to stray into its realms?
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by metjush)
How about anarchocapitalism? The same as other "right-wing" ideologies (though it is a far cry from anything that would be usually considered right wing), or you are willing to stray into its realms?
No, nor with Anarcho-Communism.

Nor with Individualist, really...
SFsucks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deggerz)
Well with the coalition that we have at the moment, we have the Conservatives (Right Wing) and Liberal Democrats (Left Wing)

These are completely opposite...and that is why there is a lot of debate between them...

What do you feel is better for the community and the country, at this current time

Think about the whole picture, not just the party that you support

Please also correct me with anything that I have gotten wrong
Define your terms of Left Wing and Right Wing, they can mean many different things to different people
milkytea
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do people even think that the Lib Dems under Clegg are remotely left-wing?

New Labour aren't even left of centre. I suppose Ed Miliband might be slightly.

Personally, I'm edging more to the right all the time. I may even tending to the libertarian soon.
miike1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SophiaKeuning)
Haven't you heard of those massive tax dodging businesses? They probably create more severe consequences than the welfare bill. But everyone would rather damage the already damaged, you know- kick them while their down because they can't fight back. Gosh, I can't believe you deny low income families financial help. What's the point in having a country without debt but with a mass of struggling working class families, who won't financially contribute to the economy because they have no money. Those from poorer backgrounds deserve just as much opportunities and just as good a quality of life.

And anyway, I've been saying working class! Labour have done so much for the working class, not those on the dole. Why do people always go on about benefits? Just because Cameron targets and obsesses over them and tries to turn the tide against them in order to win admiration, why do people think that working class are those who claim benefits? Oh my good God.
Did you actually just ask what's the problem with an entire country being in debt? Well I would say one of the major issues is the fact we are currently spending as much money on just the interest of the debt as we are on our entire education system.

I think it's far less moral for a person to not work and live off the state than for a business to use loopholes in the law to pay less tax on the money they've actually earnt.

People from poor backgrounds have the opportunity to do whatever they like, they get a free education, take the same exams as every one else, they can apply to the top unis and for the top jobs.

If you fail in life and up working with a small wage, in a job you hate, you have no one to blame but yourself. You had the chance and you didn't take it.

No one takes responsibility for their own short comings anymore, it's always someone else's fault.
big-boss-91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deggerz)
Well with the coalition that we have at the moment, we have the Conservatives (Right Wing) and Liberal Democrats (Left Wing)

These are completely opposite...and that is why there is a lot of debate between them...

What do you feel is better for the community and the country, at this current time

Think about the whole picture, not just the party that you support

Please also correct me with anything that I have gotten wrong
ugh, politics, now i'm off to watch green wing
Huskaris
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
*Insert political leaning here*
And all of those ****ing *Insert opposite political leaning here* because all they ever do is *insert failures of previous opposition governments* and ruin this country.
JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
this is a very broad and vague question. left and right wing are too general to address what you want with this question.

on the economic scale i'm inclined to that the right-wing policies are needed because of the fiscal position we are in. left wing policies would be inadequate because they are not contractionary enough.
Munchies-YumYum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Renner)
Right

I would never say '**** Labour' though
You just did. :ahee:
Munchies-YumYum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Huskaris)
*Insert political leaning here*
And all of those ****ing *Insert opposite political leaning here* because all they ever do is *insert failures of previous opposition governments* and ruin this country.
Thanks for the template bro, I'm sure alot of people will be using it.
Swell
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Centre Left - Social Democracy Fo' Sho'
Scholefield :)
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Socially Left
Economically Right
Lust of a Gardener
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We don't need an ideology!

We need a concrete solution to our nations problems...
tleave2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If after three wars, enough private finance initiatives to sink a battle ship and the deregulation of the financial market leading to the biggest economic crash since the great depression, you still think that labour is left wing, well wake up.

All parties in the uk are centrist. They scrap and swear at each other as much as they do simply to maintain the illusion that there are any differences between them.

As much as labour whine about the cuts, they were also planning cuts before they were in opposition, and if you put them back in power tomorrow, they would implement the same cuts themselves... the same policies as they implemented last time they were in power, the same policies that the tories and lib dems are implementing now and the same policies that the tories implemented before the last time labour was in power and the same.... yawn.

There is no choice in uk politics and even if there was, your vote doesn't count anyway because of the electoral system we have and no, in case you were wondering, the av system won't change that.

Enjoy!
Jackthevillain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im far right so only the BNP meet my needs in England and my fav right wing party abroad is NPD of Germany. I generally dont trust the left wing because of how much they lie.
Deggerz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Jackthevillain)
I generally dont trust the left wing because of how much they lie.
Dont most politicians lie though?

It is absolutely impossible for a politician to get elected if they actually say everything they are going to do.

Do you think Cameron or Clegg would have been elected if they had said they were going to raise tuition fees and scrap EMA?
madcat1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
personally, neither of the 2 main partys, or the lib dems have a policy that will actualy be successful in the current climate. oh and by the way all the high mininsters of the lib dems are right wing, they are all in a faction of the party called the 'orange book', a right wing faction within the party. They are all basically thatcherites with morales, if thats possible...
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jackthevillain)
Im far right so only the BNP meet my needs in England and my fav right wing party abroad is NPD of Germany. I generally dont trust the left wing because of how much they lie.
While people call the BNP 'far right', that is not technically the case. They are well to the left economically, but socially authoritarian.
Livi-Ulster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am extreme right wing and proud of it. For those who care, I did vote BNP in the last election. It is just a shame people will not vote for them because they believe the big parties with all their lies. It is a known fact that only the BNP will be able to help our broken country.
Jesobel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Right Wing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.27%
No (656)
72.73%

Watched Threads