Take Me Out: Why Only Men paired up with women? Watch

MathsLord
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Cariie)
Because if a woman came out that lift and all the men turned their lights off
a) she would cry (she's clearly desperate and had enough rejection as it is to be on the show) and Paddy would feel well awkward
b) all the guys would be called dicks for turning their lights off

Judging women? no longer ok. judging a bloke? that's fine for telly banter

Edit: Aaah just noticed OP is on about a lesbian version? Maybe next series ey Too many straight girls on this time round I'm afraid!
You clearly haven't understood the question. I haven't stated nor implied that all the girls would be replaced with men. Read the post again and you'll see you misread
Bobifier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is it just me wondering what's with all the Take Me Out threads recently?
Cariie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MathsLord)
You clearly haven't understood the question. I haven't stated nor implied that all the girls would be replaced with men. Read the post again and you'll see you misread
This is why I edited my post when I realised I'd misinterpreted it I'd guess it is just still the case that a lesbian dating show still isn't mainstream, even though there's no reason why it shouldn't be. . . Maybe there just aren't enough desperate lesbians around to fill a panel! :rolleyes:
MathsLord
Rep:
?
This is why I edited my post when I realised I'd misinterpreted it I'd guess it is just still the case that a lesbian dating show still isn't mainstream, even though there's no reason why it shouldn't be. . . Maybe there just aren't enough desperate lesbians around to fill a panel! :rolleyes:
OK, glad you understand.
Cariie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OK, glad you understand.
Your updates on the first post make it a lot clearer for everyone else now anyway, that's the difference wording can make for you ey!
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't see how the programme would work if it was a load of men and a woman was brought out.

If she was really ugly then all the lights would go out straight away.

If she was average or above then all the lights would stay on. They'd play all those video clips of her family talking about her or she'd sing a song or do her 'talent' etc and the lights would still stay on. So it would be the same concept in the end, the girl choosing a man, just out of the whole lot of them.
MathsLord
Rep:
?
Your updates on the first post make it a lot clearer for everyone else now anyway, that's the difference wording can make for you ey!
Yep
MathsLord
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
I don't see how the programme would work if it was a load of men and a woman was brought out.

If she was really ugly then all the lights would go out straight away.

If she was average or above then all the lights would stay on. They'd play all those video clips of her family talking about her or she'd sing a song or do her 'talent' etc and the lights would still stay on. So it would be the same concept in the end, the girl choosing a man, just out of the whole lot of them.
Are you serious?
Did you just read the title of the thread or have you read my original post?
Barden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's the sole reason of this thread.
Then you have just confirmed how pointless this thread is.

The whole point of television programming, is to cater for key demographics - guess what? Most people watching TV on a Saturday night are heterosexual, non-militant-feminists.

Whatever format the program is presented in, someone is liable to find it offensive.

Nobody ever complained about Blind Date being 'heteronormative', and you can bet your life that if the roles were reversed on TMO, feminazis everywhere would be calling it 'objectification of women'... (well those who aren't already doing so, anyway :rolleyes: )

Take Me Out is just good, wholesome fun. Leave it be.
flowermaster91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
men pining and screaming after women would be...weird :lolwut:

plus the women are probz more likely to break down and cry if all the lights are turned off (which would be funny to the audience though :rofl2: )
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because if a woman came out that lift and all the men turned their lights off
a) she would cry (she's clearly desperate and had enough rejection as it is to be on the show) and Paddy would feel well awkward
b) all the guys would be called dicks for turning their lights off

Judging women? no longer ok. judging a bloke? that's fine for telly banter

Edit: Aaah just noticed OP is on about a lesbian version? Maybe next series ey Too many straight girls on this time round I'm afraid!
Do you really think the producers of the show would choose an unattractive girl? Your scenario would not happen.
MathsLord
Rep:
?
(Original post by Barden)
Then you have just confirmed how pointless this thread is.

The whole point of television programming, is to cater for key demographics - guess what? Most people watching TV on a Saturday night are heterosexual, non-militant-feminists.

Whatever format the program is presented in, someone is liable to find it offensive.

Nobody ever complained about Blind Date being 'heteronormative', and you can bet your life that if the roles were reversed on TMO, feminazis everywhere would be calling it 'objectification of women'... (well those who aren't already doing so, anyway :rolleyes: )

Take Me Out is just good, wholesome fun. Leave it be.
You've answered my question conclusively and I thank you for that.
But remember,I made this point with a question, not a view. So you shouldn't really have phrased your answer as though i'm attacking Take me out('Leave it be').
freakingout!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HumanNature1992)
I remember him, I dont think he got anyone :rofl:
that oriental bloke is a famous body builder...

I forget his name, but has has tons of videos on youtube, and quite a big following also...

I doubt he struggles to get dates to be honest....I think alot of people go on the show, purely to be on tv

that's why you get the odd hottie on the show...because you know she's not desperate!
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr Smurf)
I don't think there are any Oriental guys on that show anyway.
Gwalchgwyn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1. Because all the gays would switch off immediatley after seeing the person come down, making half the contestants useless for possibly an entire series.
2. The average person isn't gay. I don't have a problem with homosexuality but watching two guys judge each other and probably strip/dance on tv isn't my idea of fun. Watching guys/girls judge each other in the same capacity is though.
ilickbatteries
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Men wouldn't watch it if it was men and men.

Women wouldn't watch it if it was women and women.

Atm its practically ITVs flagship, they're not going to mess with its established format.
Cariie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by danny111)
Do you really think the producers of the show would choose an unattractive girl? Your scenario would not happen.
They choose unattractive guys all the time :dontknow: And they'd run out of attractive desperate girls at some point Oh well then there's another reason it wouldn't work, all the guys would leave their lights on and it would be a more boring, more realistic scenario for you?
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
So there was one on there :p:.. But all that video does is support my point that white girls don't like Oriental guys :sad:.
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They choose unattractive guys all the time :dontknow: And they'd run out of attractive desperate girls at some point Oh well then there's another reason it wouldn't work, all the guys would leave their lights on and it would be a more boring, more realistic scenario for you?
Oh no I totally agree that 30 guys and 1 girl would no work out. I just thought of all those dating shows on MTV and whatever, and all the girls on there are hot.
Bjoorn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr Smurf)
So there was one on there :p:.. But all that video does is support my point that white girls don't like Oriental guys :sad:.
did u watch the video? he looks like he has some serious anger issues and is such a creepy guy, i mean whats up with the contacts? :lolwut:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads