13inch or 15inch macbook pro Watch

Jez RR
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been very impressed with the screen size of the 15". My desktop had a 24" LCD monitor so I was expecting to find this quite cramped, but it's not at all. The only time I've noticed it is when doing double-page spreads in Indesign, but you just toggle the view more often and it's all good.

My friend has a 13" and it seems fine for everyday use, but probably a bit too small for the graphic design stuff.
jabed786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
wow i am still undecided!
Lapis lazuli
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jabed786)
The 13inch is £850 where as the 15inch would set me back around 1300.
£450 difference!! :eek:

Get the 13" and spend £150 on a 24" external display.

and send the spare £300 to me.
Jez RR
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lapis lazuli)
£450 difference!! :eek:

Get the 13" and spend £150 on a 24" external display.

and send the spare £300 to me.
It's not just the screen size - it's a different processor, graphics card and bigger hard drive in the 15", for the entry models. You can add all them as options on the 13" but it'll bump the price up.
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Personally, I have been sold on 13" laptops for many years - I dislike anything larger, and 13" is a perfect balance between size and power. I don't own an MBP - I have a Dell XPS M1330 - but this laptop has done me well for the three and a half years I've had it, and it's brilliantly portable. =)
samous39
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
13 " would be bettre
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
£1,300 :lmao:

The Microsoft equivalent will set you back £300.
WelshBluebird
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)

Once again, blatent lies in a thread about macbooks.
If you can find a windows laptop that has the same specs as the 15" MBP (so quad core CPU etc) for £300, then I will buy it for you.
jumpingjesusholycow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by WelshBluebird)
Once again, blatent lies in a thread about macbooks.
If you can find a windows laptop that has the same specs as the 15" MBP (so quad core CPU etc) for £300, then I will buy it for you.
Point me to the macbook specs and I'll have a look see.
WelshBluebird
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Point me to the macbook specs and I'll have a look see.
http://www.apple.com/uk/macbookpro/specs.html

Waste of time really.
Because you will not find a windows laptop like that for £300.
For cheaper than the MBP, then yes. But not for £300.
hannah.austin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've got a 13" MBP (except I upgraded it so it has basically the same specs as the base 15" model) and I've had it for two years. It still works a treat except for a few crashes on occasion, and my charger is basically held together with electric tape so it doesn't really charge it properly (its £50 for a new one though )
As for the screen size, it's not a problem for me at all. In fact I don't even notice the size of it when running applications or browsing the internet
jumpingjesusholycow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by WelshBluebird)
http://www.apple.com/uk/macbookpro/specs.html

Waste of time really.
Because you will not find a windows laptop like that for £300.
For cheaper than the MBP, then yes. But not for £300.

Buy the parts and put it together yourself, and you will save at least 50% on that pre-tax figure.
Jez RR
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It'll be shoite anyway, cos it's Windows.

(Just raising the intellectual level of debate round here)
WelshBluebird
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Buy the parts and put it together yourself, and you will save at least 50% on that pre-tax figure.
Still not £300 though is it.
And i seriously doubt buying the parts would save you that much money. We aren't talking desktops here.
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

That's not true. If you build a PC to the exact same specs the price will be more or less the same. This myth about price has been so pervasive and so hard to kill, it's ridiculous

There have been tons of articles debunking this myth, yet I am constantly hearing about it. Here is one of many you can find online.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ista,1985.html
Pinball_heart
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had a 17" Vaio, then a 15" Acer, now I've got a 13" MacBook Pro, and honestly, I really haven't noticed it being that much smaller.
Excellent portability.
And tbh the price for adding on 2 inches of screen is a joke.
jabed786
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Pinball_heart)
I had a 17" Vaio, then a 15" Acer, now I've got a 13" MacBook Pro, and honestly, I really haven't noticed it being that much smaller.
Excellent portability.
And tbh the price for adding on 2 inches of screen is a joke.
Well the thing that attracts me about the 15inch is 2 reasons. Better graphics card and larger screan - I use photoshop quite a bit so I think a 13inch screen is slightly too small. also I might play sims 3.
But they are pretty much my only reasons (better graphics and larger work area on screen)
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jabed786)
Well the thing that attracts me about the 15inch is 2 reasons. Better graphics card and larger screan - I use photoshop quite a bit so I think a 13inch screen is slightly too small. also I might play sims 3.
But they are pretty much my only reasons (better graphics and larger work area on screen)
Just to let you know, Sims 3 flies on pretty much any Pro. I play it on a last gen Core 2 Duo and run everything on high, and it handles it fine.
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have a 13 inch MacBook and I couldn't really see me adding 2 inches of screen; I like the power, design, and portability of the computer as it is; I'm coming form a 11 inch netbook so the added screen estate is great.
JonCha
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Nice, er, comparisons of a desktop vs laptop. You basically screwed up with your argument and no idea what you were talking.

I have the 2009 13-inch Macbook Pro. Really great laptop. Will be selling it next year when the significant revamp hits, but I think at the moment I will stick with this screen size. I demoed a 15-inch model the other day and I can imagine it being a little big.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads