Would you date someone who smokes joints every day? Watch

L'Amour Toujours
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
After my last experience with someone like this, almost certainly not. It was alright to begin with, until he started asking me for money, going off on one if he couldn't get any weed and dropped out of three different colleges one after another. He was lazy as a result of it too... so, no. :p: I would apply the same principle had his obsession / addiction been with alcohol BTW.
Eveiebaby
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you go announcing this many will find you undateable. Smoking is not a minor act, it's a serious character flaw/dysfunction in my opinion. Good that you stopped smoking though.
I really don't care that smoking weed in my past makes me undateable to you. You sound a bit holier that thou and are trying to elevate yourself above me.

It's not the person I am now and I wouldnt want to date anyone who judged me on a small bit of my past anyway. I am 25 now, so those years are far behind me.

I'll announce that I have taken many drugs in the past. Most of the Class As, Some of the Bs and a few of the Cs. There. I said it. And I don't really mind who knows.

I really don't see it as much of a big deal anyway. I don't think I would date anyone that was teetotal. Not because I judge them but because I like to drink with my partners and would feel embarrassed and awkward drinking alone. That and I fancy myself as a bit of a wine gastronome.

What's with the anon anyway?
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No thanks.
Anonymous #3
Report 7 years ago
no. cannabis smells disgusting and i dislike the effect it has on me. also i've been around people who smoked a lot of weed and it's bizarre. we were playing poker with my sister's bf at their house and he'd periodically keep going off to light up a joint which would be quite uncomfortable because we'd be waiting on him for ages to take a turn while he smoked. my mum's partner also smoked skunk and he was a ****, so i'm prejudiced against it anyway. regardless whether anyone in the house was comfortable with the smell or the way it made them feel, they'd soldier on with it because weed is more important than anything else. both of them were/are also guilty of being incredibly lazy.

i wouldn't want to be around someone who got drunk every day either, it's not healthy. also i'm not one of those people who's going to be in denial about the possible detrimental mental and physical health effects of cannabis. not as bad as an equivalent alcohol habit, no. but still not great.

if you want to do it though go ahead, i'm not against drugs :dontknow:
Kel*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No
Tabers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. It is horrible and smells. Also there are a lot of health problems. I wouldn't want to smell like that. It suggests that there is some hidden problem (well maybe not but it would make me think).
freelife
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
nah.. don't think so
SteveCrain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mangaartist)
No, because, for me personally, drugs overstep a line. I don't go around judging people for it, but I would never do it and could not have a relationship with a person who does.
pretty gay man
BoxesAndBangles
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sure, as long as he doesn't stink and is still pretty together.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, I wouldn't.

I know how much it costs to keep a daily habit. What he's spending on blow, he could be spending on rent/things for the house.

I also know how unproductive people are when they smoke weed on a regular basis.

So no. Having had a lot of experience with pot smokers, I certainly wouldn't allow it in my life.
dipless
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
nope, occaional use is fine but regular use everyday is a different kettle of fish.
Stargazer23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't have a problem with someone smoking weed some of the time, but not everyday. As a social activity I could accept it, but not when the person depends on it to relax.
And they'd probably be pretty paranoid :hmmm:
asdfg0987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes initially if I liked them otherwise, I do find it off putting though and would discourage them from doing it.
Cynthi007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, I wouldn´t. daily is too much. once a month would be ok but daily? no.
DeepStar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. Unless they stopped.
babygirl110
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never, I find that people who have to rely on cannabis to relax are usually messed up in the head. I stay well clear.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, why not. As long as she could afford it COMFORTABLY over everything else that needed paying out for, and could quite happily relax without it.

There's a difference between smoking because you need to and smoking because you want to. If she was smoking out of need then there could be an issue there.

That said, my girl refuses to smoke it - apparently it turns her into a bit of an arse. So we don't have this problem
natashapt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nope. Not my thing.
J420
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hmm...interesting thread...i toke up regularly ...been doin it since i was 15, it hasnt stopped me from doing what i need to do..although ill admit it does make me less motivated at times...i have friends who are surprised at how little weed has affected me considering how much i smoke ..I find that by working out regularly as well as trying to keep the weed for evenings I am the same person i was before i started smoking..no changes really besides i cough more ( prob the cigs), so i dont see how weed should be a deal-breaker ...my ex didnt even notice that i smoked cuz i wouldnt do it around her (it bothered her) ....she knew that i did but prefered to not hear about it and it worked out fine really... i have never dated someone who tokes oftan..i think i would enjoy it tho
Anabolicminds
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eveiebaby)
I really don't care that smoking weed in my past makes me undateable to you. You sound a bit holier that thou and are trying to elevate yourself above me.

It's not the person I am now and I wouldnt want to date anyone who judged me on a small bit of my past anyway. I am 25 now, so those years are far behind me.

I'll announce that I have taken many drugs in the past. Most of the Class As, Some of the Bs and a few of the Cs. There. I said it. And I don't really mind who knows.

I really don't see it as much of a big deal anyway. I don't think I would date anyone that was teetotal. Not because I judge them but because I like to drink with my partners and would feel embarrassed and awkward drinking alone. That and I fancy myself as a bit of a wine gastronome.

What's with the anon anyway?
you're such a damn bounty
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads