Am I the only one who finds many LGBT people to to highly annoying hypocritical? Watch

tieyourmotherdown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes and I met a black person once who wasn't very nice to me therefore the only logical conclusion is that all black people are evil, and not only that, clearly they are evil because they are black.

Seriously? What on earth .. I just can't ... Why!
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TwoDot)
The risk is you could get a higher majority of people with HIV giving blood than gay people who aren't infected. Taking that risk would be irresponsible.
Just to clarify, you're saying that if gay people were allowed to give blood, there'd be more HIV+ blood donors than gay people who are not HIV+?
TwoDot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
Just to clarify, you're saying that if gay people were allowed to give blood, there'd be more HIV+ blood donors than gay people who are not HIV+?
No but in proportion to straight people there could be. Maybe we should be thinking of the risk to people who get the blood. Is it fair they will have a higher chance of recieving infected blood just so a minority has the chance to give blood? I don't think that's fair and it's not worth the risk.
ukr-nffc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LGBT sounds like it should be a sandwich
milkytea
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
**** off. The "one girl you know" is a *****. Nothing to do with her being gay. This is a complete non-thread, and you are looking for an excuse to be homophobic.

"I know one black guy who called a white guy a honkey OMG BLACK PEOPLE CAN BE SOOOOO RACIST!!!!!11!!1!"
Slight over-reaction, no? The OP is not being homophobic imho; they said that they realise this doesn't apply to all LGBT people. Homosexuals and ethnic minorities are equally susceptible to dishing out discrimination as anyone else, I'm afraid, but our culture of inverse discrimination has obscured that truth.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by milkytea)
Slight over-reaction, no? The OP is not being homophobic imho; they said that they realise this doesn't apply to all LGBT people. Homosexuals and ethnic minorities are equally susceptible to dishing out discrimination as anyone else, I'm afraid, but our culture of inverse discrimination has obscured that truth.
I don't think so. The fact that someone is LGBT doesn't render them incapable of discrimination - I agree with you on this point. However I don't think the fact that someone is LGBT has much to do with their discriminatory nature. Yes, some people discriminate. However, not all people are like this. The OP was only able to give one solitary example to back up his claim that "many" LGBT people are hypocritical. Playing on the fact that someone is LGBT to make their discrimination look worse is, in my opinion, homophobic. Just like if I said "one time a black man stole my bike, this must mean many black people are thieves" would be considered racist, and rightly so.

(Original post by TwoDot)
No but in proportion to straight people there could be. Maybe we should be thinking of the risk to people who get the blood. Is it fair they will have a higher chance of recieving infected blood just so a minority has the chance to give blood? I don't think that's fair and it's not worth the risk.
Donated blood is screened for HIV before donation anyway, to minimise the risk of HIV+ blood being passed onto someone else. If they can do this already, why not for another few donations?
TwoDot
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think so. The fact that someone is LGBT doesn't render them incapable of discrimination - I agree with you on this point. However I don't think the fact that someone is LGBT has much to do with their discriminatory nature. Yes, some people discriminate. However, not all people are like this. The OP was only able to give one solitary example to back up his claim that "many" LGBT people are hypocritical. Playing on the fact that someone is LGBT to make their discrimination look worse is, in my opinion, homophobic. Just like if I said "one time a black man stole my bike, this must mean many black people are thieves" would be considered racist, and rightly so.

Donated blood is screened for HIV before donation anyway, to minimise the risk of HIV+ blood being passed onto someone else. If they can do this already, why not for another few donations?
The problem is that there is a three month window before it is likely to be detected by screening. If a person has caught HIV recently the screening will be useless.
OpenTheFloodGates
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OP, that point can apply to people of most groups in society. But, that isn't the majority of people. how many people in the LGBT community are in the public eye? not that high of a percentage. you can't say that everyone in a certain group is like that just because of how a few of them are.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Why!)
I know a straight girl, who got rejected by a guy. She feels bad enough, and then this bisexual girl starts bullying her and spreading rumours, saying it's disgusting for her to get with any guy. WTF? What a retard. If tables were turned and the straight girl was saying it's disgusting for the bi girl to get with a girl, everyone would be crying homophobia, would they not?
Ok, let's try a little verbal reasoning. Let's assume that this bisexual girl is called Alice for the purposes of this statement:

Alice is bully. Alice is a bisexual. All bisexuals are bullies.

Doesn't really follow, does it? You can't tar everyone with the same brush when you're basing this on a very very small sample. And besides, it's more likely that she's a ***** and happens to be bi - you have no evidence to categorically link the two.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Why!)
Not just them, but also the people who blindly defend the LGBTs like they can do no wrong. Everybody goes bat**** crazy on any slight negative opinion against gays, but even the gays themselves seem to think it is OK to discriminate and attack people who they dislike just because of something slightly different about them. When will people learn to stop being so two-faced?
Did't Stephen Fry get slaughtered by the press for making a comment about straight women not liking sex?
Le_Bow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ukr-nffc)
LGBT sounds like it should be a sandwich
It probably is in some circles
ukr-nffc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Le_Bow)
It probably is in some circles
Excellent shout!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (203)
27.54%
No (534)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise