Turn on thread page Beta

Need help chucking gf!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Hold on hold on hold ON - Everybody screwing at this guy.

Ok granted hes written it out in a completely douchebag kind of way but his view is completely valid.

If a woman came on here and said "i want kids he doesnt" there would be dozens of people going "dump him hes not worth it". THe OP wants to have children but his gf cant have them. She cant comprimise on this and he shouldnt be expected to stay with her when he has wants and needs she cant fulfill. The desire to have children is very strong in many people not just women. This can be a total deal breaker in relationships He is not being heartless - his timing is awful however.

Why are you ending it though OP? Will you not consider adopting or a surrogate? There are already children in the world that need a father. Remember being a dad is not about shooting your load in a woman, any idiot can do that, it is raising a child that makes a parent not who got the girl knocked up.
    This. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan branagan)
    [and your a ****in 65 year old nonce who works in tesco wtf do u know hey hey hey
    Changed my mind. 2/10.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully a troll.

Although if i'm completely honest (yes, i'm expecting neg rep) i can kind of see where he'd be coming from in a way.

People who desperately want children of their own but would not be able to do it in their current relationship can have doubts about whether they really want to be in the relationship anymore.. As stated elsewhere in this thread however, there are a lot of other potential routes to take though, adoption, surrogate mothers etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinamon)
    It's completely different. If a girl were to come on and say 'My boyfriend can't get me pregnant, should I dump him?' the reaction would be different to someone who says 'my boyfriend does not want to get me pregnant.

Douche.
    Oh flaming heck - the point is one half wants a child the other half cant have one, the odds of the spectrum are still there in its something that cant be compromised on.

Bimbo

Then you are as simple minded as 'silverbot'
    And its Silverbolt not Silverbot - try reading.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well some of us expect a relationship to prosper into marriage, having kids and so on. A relationship without a family future together is no different to a sex buddy... with some emotional baggage.
    Just because I don't want to have kids doesn't mean I don't love him and don't want to marry him and spend the rest of my life with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well some of us expect a relationship to prosper into marriage, having kids and so on. A relationship without a family future together is no different to a sex buddy... with some emotional baggage.
    That is possibly the stupidest response on this thread. Are you serious? Not all people want children - I certainly don't. Doesn't mean I am not capable of/wanting a serious, loving relationship. For you to say it is basically just a sex-buddy arrangement is absolutely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know theres other ways of having children ... e.g. IVF. Imagine how bad she already feels because she can't conceive and then you go and dump her because of it you ignorant idiot. You obviously don't give a **** about her anyway so she'd probably be better off without you!

My girlfriend will very likely not concieve shes had a miscarriage in the past. That does not make me love her less or not want to be with her less! She is the love of my life and yes we've had our difficulties. The alternatives are easy to say but you may never have your own child. Think hard about the choice you make as it will deeply affect both you. I do respect your needs in having to have kids but take time to think about what your about to do. Try and work things out and if you are still unhappy tell her the truth and work from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Oh flaming heck - the point is one half wants a child the other half cant have one, the odds of the spectrum are still there in its something that cant be compromised on.

Bimbo

And its Silverbolt not Silverbot - try reading.
    You compared the two, and they are not like for like, therefore your argument (while appealing to certain simple minds) is void.

LOL and if you're going to be pedantic (a typo) try spelling correctly yourself.

Mind you i'd expect nothing else but hypocrisy from a 29 year old long haired wow addict on a student forum :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    You can't even remember the name of the condition - it shows how much you care.

ReputationRep:
    Then you are as simple minded as 'silverbot'
    Just to clarify, I'm agreeing with his last paragraph. The OP does sound like a ****er, his girlfriend is better off without him, pretty sure shes in need of someone supportive right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its A Catch 22)
    To those people ranting at him from their moral high ground, perhaps you might consider that it's far kinder not to string this girl along. He obviously wants children, that is something he requires from a relationship; she cannot provide him that. Maybe take a second to think about it before attacking him.

That said, your choice of words, "chucking" springs to mind, were rather twattish. Think before you speak maybe?
    Not necessarily - they can consider other ways of getting children, for example, adoption or, if they want to baby to be theirs, they could try and find someone willing to be a surrogate mother. He doesn't have to break up with her just because he wants children. He sounds like he can think of no other reason for sticking around apart from possible using, which heavily implies that he was using her for her womb and, now that that's not going to work, there's nothing worth sticking around for. He sounds like a sucky boyfriend and maybe he should take a second to think about what he's doing to her (as well as his choice of language, I totally agree with you there) before he goes ahead with this without considering other options that could get him the family that he wants.

ReputationRep:
    2/10

Poor effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doke)
    Not necessarily - they can consider other ways of getting children, for example, adoption or, if they want to baby to be theirs, they could try and find someone willing to be a surrogate mother. He doesn't have to break up with her just because he wants children. He sounds like he can think of no other reason for sticking around apart from possible using, which heavily implies that he was using her for her womb and, now that that's not going to work, there's nothing worth sticking around for. He sounds like a sucky boyfriend and maybe he should take a second to think about what he's doing to her (as well as his choice of language, I totally agree with you there) before he goes ahead with this without considering other options that could get him the family that he wants.
    Personally, I agree entirely with what you're saying. However, for some people the connection of conceiving directly with the mother of the child might be important; I wouldn't begrudge people their right to that.
    He's obviously a just a **** though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its A Catch 22)
    Personally, I agree entirely with what you're saying. However, for some people the connection of conceiving directly with the mother of the child might be important; I wouldn't begrudge people their right to that.
    He's obviously a just a **** though.
    It could still be both their baby though, surely? He said that there's a problem with her womb, not her eggs. They could get a surrogative mother and use both their DNA, so there's no reason why they can't still have a child that is both of them.

And it's not like this would prevent them from acting out the way that you would naturally conceive, it just means that they are unlikely to conceive in doing so.

Also, just because she has been told she may not conceive, doesn't mean that she actually won't ever - my cousin was told that she would never conceive, and three months later she was pregnant with her beautiful baby girl. Diagnoses can be wrong.

I'm not arguing with you, just the OP. This moron clearly doesn't deserve to be a father if this is his attitude. I wouldn't trust him around people, let alone give him authority over the development of another life if that's how easily he discards people.

ReputationRep:
    You compared the two, and they are not like for like, therefore your argument (while appealing to certain simple minds) is void.

LOL and if you're going to be pedantic (a typo) try spelling correctly yourself.

Mind you i'd expect nothing else but hypocrisy from a 29 year old long haired wow addict on a student forum :hippie:
    I really could be pedantic and explain the difference between a typo and an omission of a punctuation mark.

Secondly i dont have long hair and i certainly am not a wow "addict" - But then i expect nothing less from having a conversation with some "people" (such as those who go on peoples profiles to find something to try and attack them with) on here. as for hypocrisy hardly something in short supply on this site and yet something i have until now yet to be accused, oh well I'll get over it as i know i am not and say no more.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2011
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.