Turn on thread page Beta

Avril Lavigne rocks the world again!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    Avril Lavigne annoys me because she actually has a good voice, unlike many singers around these days, but she wastes her talent on cheesy pop. Her first two albums were sooo much better.
    hahahaha some of my classmates told me the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Travelling_Girl)
    I really enjoyed Avril's first two albums but The Best Damn Thing was awful. I downloaded her new album after previewing a few of the songs on iTunes and it's not too bad. It's not as good as the older stuff but it's a step in a better direction than TBDT. My only real criticism is her lyrics. She ruins some of the songs by adding in "bad ass, I don't care what you thing" lines. They're getting a bit old now Avril, you're not 17 any more.
    ya you're right the lyrics of her song should not have some bad words.

ReputationRep:
    downloaded the album like 3 weeks before it was released, it leaked basically, and it was a very good album love push, smile etc. a lot of good songs but the instrumentals are a bit 'empty'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angryvivo)
    downloaded the album like 3 weeks before it was released, it leaked basically, and it was a very good album love push, smile etc. a lot of good songs but the instrumentals are a bit 'empty'
    hahaha yep!! how about "i wish you were here" and "goodbye"?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by FullStop)
    I wish you were here is really irritating because of the lyrical genius of the chorus 'damn damn damn I wish you were here here here'

that was sarcasm btw.

the album is ok, better than TBDT but still, not as good as her older material. I'm already bored of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    I wish you were here is really irritating because of the lyrical genius of the chorus 'damn damn damn I wish you were here here here'

that was sarcasm btw.

the album is ok, better than TBDT but still, not as good as her older material. I'm already bored of it.
    really? i haven't been bored of it! haha

ReputationRep:
    i love this entire album tbh, much better than tbdt, but i love this more than under my skin although the individual tracks on under my skin, such as nobody's home are a zillion times better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angryvivo)
    i love this entire album tbh, much better than tbdt, but i love this more than under my skin although the individual tracks on under my skin, such as nobody's home are a zillion times better.
    ya!! you're right and one of my classmates told me the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    why do you think so?
    Because she was acting like a teenage psuedo-punk when I was 8. It's been almost a decade and she's still acting like one.

ReputationRep:
    'Goodbye Lullaby'? Jesus. I'm not really bothered about album names...but Jesus :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    sorry about that why i wrote "ohhh" is because i didn't know what i could respond so.....
    better to just not respond tbh

Girlfriend is one of the most vile songs I've ever listened to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    Because she was acting like a teenage psuedo-punk when I was 8. It's been almost a decade and she's still acting like one.
    ohhh ok i dont know about that hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    better to just not respond tbh

Girlfriend is one of the most vile songs I've ever listened to.
    then how about other albums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    'Goodbye Lullaby'? Jesus. I'm not really bothered about album names...but Jesus :facepalm2:
    what did you mean?

ReputationRep:
    what did you mean?
    It's just a horribly predictable title. If she wants it to rhyme, it doesn't. If she wants a 'deep' album name, it isn't.

Loads of albums seem to have this kind of title....unless it's just in my head. Either way, I don't like it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    It's just a horribly predictable title. If she wants it to rhyme, it doesn't. If she wants a 'deep' album name, it isn't.

Loads of albums seem to have this kind of title....unless it's just in my head. Either way, I don't like it :lol:
    ohh ok but i like it

There seemed to be a point where her music matured a little but the latest single offering appears to have regressed slightly.
    Maybe she's reliving all those lost months she was married to the Wibble?

ReputationRep:
    then how about other albums?
    I wasn't aware that Girlfriend was an album.

Regardless, the rest is moderate to poor.

But the concept and music of Girlfriend is foul.

ReputationRep:
    Looking back upon when my interest in music began, at about twelve or thirteen, Let Go and its singles were certainly a part of it. I do think her music at that time was catalytic in encouraging female pop stars to explore a more rock-based sound, and it was a debut that worked very well.

I don't dislike her music nowadays but can't deny that some songs are rather on the embarrassing side, and that she has veered towards similarities with singers that she set to distance herself from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    There seemed to be a point where her music matured a little but the latest single offering appears to have regressed slightly.
    Maybe she's reliving all those lost months she was married to the Wibble?
    ohh i don't know that!!!!cool

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.