starting uni in sept but just discovered im pregnant.........help? Watch

xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by llamalad200)
i see no problem here
You see no problem in suggesting that you kill a baby by punching a woman in the stomach? Does posting things like this in a thread make you feel big? Cool? This poor girl will feel like her life has been flipped upside down right now, and all you can do it make stupid sick comments like that.
boromir9111
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Has others have suggested, an OU course would be a good fit in this situation! best of luck OP......
llamalad200
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
not really big, more witty i really don't see why you're so offended by a joke
Jesseecar123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think if you do want to have this baby deffering would be a good idea, mainly due tot he fact you'll be heavilly pregnant when you start Uni which will make it almost impossible to deal with and make friends etc. Also then you've got a while to decide what's right for you. You'll then be able to see how supportive everyone will be because you've had a bit of time and then you have more time for plans.

I had an abortion when I was 16 and for me, keeping it wasn't something I could have ever considered
being ready for or think about doing so it didn't effect me as much as it probably has others.

I think if there's any doubt in your mind about having an abortion you're quite likely to regret it and that would be a terrible shame.

If you do keep the baby the only thing you would have to think about would be the rise in tuition fees, but tbh by the time you're paying it back, the baby will be slightly older. I'm rambling a bit now but I really do wish you all the best. Take your time to think about this decision. x
bexiebaby
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am in the same boat, i have just found out i am 3 weeks pregnant, have yet to even tell my family yet. If you are under 20 you can get government funding to help with the cost of childcare whilst you are at uni. I am doing a uni course at college starting in september, but i am just going to do it part time hopefully, just think how much better your prospects are once you have a degree etc.. i know myself its going to be hard, but im determined, so i will do it. And im sure you can too xx
lekky
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SHL)
Thanks everyone for replying. Its a difficult decision to make - life-changing either way. I personally don't know why i can't be successful at both being a mother and studying if i have support networks in place?? Its not as simple as saying its not the right time for me to have a baby - its a whole different ball game when you can actually feel the changes in your body. I have a supportive family and supportive boyfriend so im not alone but i know that it would be incredibly hard. Im well aware of the cons. Does anybody have any positive suggestions??? :confused: x
Does your boyfriend have a job? I think you also have to bare in mind the fees rising
My friend had a baby in the first term of her university degree, with the help of her parents & now husband the baby was brought up happily and she managed to keep going with her degree. It's very difficult, but not impossible.
AMJef
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm utterly shocked by the amount of negative advice given - to tell someone to have an abortion????

I'm pregnant with my second and have decided to go back to university next year. I think it will be difficult but I have support around me. I would ask your university what their policy is on deferring and explain your situation. If they do allow you to defer then I would have your baby see how you feel next year and then make your decision if you do still want to go ahead with uni.

Don't listen to the absolute idiots that have posted on here. Lots of hugs, things will work out for you xxxxxx
olympus123456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can defer you admission for next year and go ahead with giving birth .

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alexxie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm so glad you put this up, I'm in exactly the same situation. I'll call the uni tomorrow and tell them I want to defer
bekylouisex3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AMJef)
I'm utterly shocked by the amount of negative advice given - to tell someone to have an abortion????
People have a right to their own opinions dont they the OP asked for help, and people are giving their suggestions based on what they would do. Im not saying abortion is the right or wrong thing to do but at least she needs a range of choices to pick from.

Btw OP, take some time and discuss your options with your parents/babys father etc. If you feel you can handle the baby keep it, but if you are unable to support it then terminate it. But don't let anyone tell you whats right or wrong, its your future we're talking about.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.83%
No (498)
72.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed