If Kate Middleton was black... Watch

speedbird
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by qwerty_mad)
...or Asian, for that matter, would she have been allowed to marry William? Part of me thinks somehow the Royal Family would have ensured that he stopped seeing her.
Quite possibly. Next speculative statement?
AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by My name is URL)
He would have gone absent without leave? :lolwut:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=awol

number 7
qwerty_mad
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemma :)!)
Why bring it down to this level on such a lovely day? She's not. So why are we even having this discussion?
What level? I think it's important that these issues are discussed. If they really represent Britain, they should NOT block, which they undoubtedly do, black or Asian people from entering their family, should they?
slapyoself
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Martyn*)
If you she was an Arab and there was no stopping the marriage she would be assassinated by British Intelligence on behalf of the Queen.
Reminds me of Diana's situation
qwerty_mad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by speedbird)
Quite possibly. Next speculative statement?
And yet you respect them so much. :rolleyes:
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by qwerty_mad)
What level? I think it's important that these issues are discussed. If they really represent Britain, they should NOT block, which they undoubtedly do, black or Asian people from entering their family, should they?
But you don't know that they would; you're just hypothesising. When there's no need, because he married who he wanted to. There was a time he wouldn't have been allowed to marry her, it would have been someone chosen for him by the family- so the country is moving forwards.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They wouldn't be able to stop them marrying, but under an Act of Royal Marriage or something they are legally allowed to stop any Royal wedding and effectively kick the heir out of the family.
manchild007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why bring it down to this level on such a lovely day? She's not. So why are we even having this discussion?
What does the day have anything to do with this thread? Should all threads/discussions today be about how lovely Kate is and how "OMG that dress was a-mah-zing" etc :rolleyes:

Christ. Its a valid question and thus far has been discussed in a civil manner, so please stop lecturing others in such a patronising way.
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Why post on this thread then? You know, it's just a question that other users may be interested in, so why not? It's a hypothetical situation either way.

OP: I think it's not just about race - there may have been some raised eyebrows if Kate Middleton had been from a working class family and the like.
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think it would be allowed. He wouldn't even dare in the first place I don't think.
My name is URL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get some better slang tbh, that actually makes sense. :facepalm2:
Ich Dien
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Seble)
This is so true.
Why, whats the evidence?
People seem to forget that in a modern society, a powerless monarchy is at our mercy... Edward VIII was an example of social attitude bending the will the of the monarchy....

(Original post by im so academic)
OP: I think it's not just about race - there may have been some raised eyebrows if Kate Middleton had been from a working class family and the like.
Its a good point to make that if she were working class, they never would have met.
but if she were working class, or black thats all that there would have been. raised eyebrows and hushed words in the back rooms of palaces.

Hes a future King of England for god sake, who from within his own house is gonna deny him? Thats our job..
CombineHarvester
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by U.S Lecce)
Really? I doubt they'd be bothered if she was black or whatever. Even if they were, why would they stop him getting married to her.

And i'm a republican!

EDIT: seriously i'm just trolling now. I'm sorry
Trust me they would. Although the Princess (and future Queen?) of Liechtenstein black and there doesn't seem to be much of an issue there, and that's Liechtenstein ffs. Then again the British Royal Family is more important than all others combined.
AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get some better slang tbh, that actually makes sense. :facepalm2:
It does make sense, hence why its in the Urban Dictionary.

You think you know better slang than the Urban Dictionary? :rofl:

No you don't! NQAT!

#WINNING! :dance:
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He would have gone absent without leave? :lolwut:
:rofl: + rep
Ich Dien
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
#WINNING! :dance:
Dont question him dude! he puts several facepalms in every post he makes so hes obviously correct and the rest of the community, if not the whole world agree with him

Your gamble, bro.
Cool story bro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww a black woman as a royal??
U.S Lecce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CombineHarvester)
Trust me they would. Although the Princess (and future Queen?) of Lithuania is black and there doesn't seem to be much of an issue there, and that's Lithuania ffs. Then again the British Royal Family is more important than all others combined.
Lithuania is a republic.
Cool story bro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MutantGecko)
i hope so...
seriously though, why? :confused:
Ich Dien
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CombineHarvester)
Then again the British Royal Family is more important than all others combined.
No? Denmark is a far far far older than we are.

And the British family is only viewed the way it is because we took it to all four corners of the globe and nailed it in thier heads (and took their resources)

Because of that, in the modern day the monarchy is seen as the quintessentially British thing...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed