When I look at the Royal Family I realise that I will be a peasant till I die Watch

viksta1000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nigel9)
They don't give you a chip on your shoulder?
who the Royals?

nah not really. My family originates from India but i'm British Born and Bred so God Save The Queen n all that!

Mind you, I did promise myself that I wouldn't watch the wedding or take any interest in Royal going's on simply for not giving a toss, but I did end up watching it and must say, quite enjoyed seeing ALL of Britain come together whether they be White, Black, Brown or Purple, it was nice to see everyone uniting...and I think that the Royals are the only people to have such an influence
Rogercbinboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The people born in richness may be rich, but they don't understand or appreciate what they have and so don't feel the same happiness as somebody who's managed to become rich from poverty.

Having said that they do their best to make it hard for the poor people who are trying to improve their lives.
bognor-regis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by canimakeit)
Well those people are not paid for by their country usually at least their parents initially worked to get whatever it is they have, and when mummy and daddy die they have to do something with their lives. It's been a long time since the British Royals have actually had to do something.
Such a simplification. The royal family, just like any old landed family, invest in property and lease farming land etc etc. They manage their estates and keep themselves rich. On top of this, the family gets money from the government because they gave up a majority of their assets to the country a few hundred years ago, they'd be much richer otherwise.

The Queen, Prince Philip and Charles and Camilla, and most of the rest of them too, spend a huge amount of their time in engagements such as opening hospitals and greeting heads of state, and hosting charity functions. It's a full time job for the Queen especially.

The royal family brings in millions of pounds into the country in tourism (just think of all those chinese people with cameras wandering about london). It's this tradition and grandeur that makes london one of the most popular tourist destinations on the planet.
Lamps08
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
**** whatever you or anyone else thinks, I'm going to work hard, get into banking, get really rich and then laugh at the people who post online who stay in a rut until the day they die.

I'm also going to laugh at people who put other people down purely because they're doing **** with their life and want others to be miserable too. Watch me.

I've been like this since I first learnt how many people in my family own a Lambo. None, is the answer. Not right now, anyway.
I swear to god I want a lambo more than you. Good to be single minded though, keep it up commoner.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lamps08)
I swear to god I want a lambo more than you. Good to be single minded though, keep it up commoner.
Why are so desperate to get a Lambo lamps?

Is your betting coming off well recently? :o:
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lamps08)
My friend is getting the Galado LP700 when it comes out...how sikk.

They are definitely worth it. And with regards to the OPs point, yeh, we arent all going to reach those dizzy heights of success but if everyone did, there wouldnt be anything special about it.

But we might as well give it a bloody good go. I know I am going to.
thecookiemonster
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nigel9)
In Brighton everyones a queen
Homophobic jokes about Brighton are nice and original:rolleyes:
Sereni
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Stop ****ing QQing, there and many people who live in poverty, relative to them you ****ing **** gold. get on with your life and maybe think that you should have to work for money, to benefit from society, I have no problem bashing the people who inherit billions, but this reads like you crying about how badly off you are. Get some ****ng perspective
thecookiemonster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by viksta1000)
Haha, I was just thinking this.....then I realised that if I didn't revise and make a change, I definately will be a peasant

No revision = poor A levels = no university = no wonga = no pussy = no family = sadness = depression = stress = mental = suicide
You don't need to go to university to get money you know
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
My friend is getting the Galado LP700 when it comes out...how sikk.

They are definitely worth it. And with regards to the OPs point, yeh, we arent all going to reach those dizzy heights of success but if everyone did, there wouldnt be anything special about it.

But we might as well give it a bloody good go. I know I am going to.
:eek: How can he afford it?

Also aren't you doing medicine? There's no way we're going reach those dizzy heights of success (if you mean rich / powerful)
viksta1000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thecookiemonster)
You don't need to go to university to get money you know
true that!

i'm withdrawing my UCAS application as of right now!
*Hakz*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ussumane)
Still not even in the top 10 richest people in the World.
Not even in the top 400. She's not a billionaire (yet).
Miss_Scarlett
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
:eek: How can he afford it?

Also aren't you doing medicine? There's no way we're going reach those dizzy heights of success (if you mean rich / powerful)
He has several businesses.

Yeh I am, but Im taking 6 months out...and its made me realise there are opportunities out there to be had, especially where I work where you see some of the countries most successful, and sometimes self made individuals.

Its about networking, being in the right places, getting the right experience and having your fingers in as many pies as possible. And of course, luck.
Ministerdonut
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One thing I wouldn't like ,is the fact they live in a goldfish bowl with the press and the general public judging them. There also seems quite a number of internal and quite archaic traditions that 'one must follow' and no quarter is given for breaking them.

Also being a senior royal family member to me isn't all that great in some ways. These royal duties of theirs,it is like being a diplomat and I was quite surprised at the tough job the queen has when they did a documentary on her. I wouldn't want it personally as I couldn't keep my mouth shut with some leaders.

But the minor royals in my opinion,or those with tenuous links do have it cushty in my opinion. It would be tempting to swap with them,but a senior royal family member? no thanks.
thecookiemonster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by viksta1000)
true that!

i'm withdrawing my UCAS application as of right now!
Nice use of sarcasm there. By the looks of things you have that mentality drilled into you that you HAVE to go to university otherwise your life is over.
04ghicks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Stop your complaining.

Peasant.
U.S Lecce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Republic ay? ay?:yep:
Aphotic Cosmos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So go out there and work to improve your lot in life.

There are some things out of our control, but we are fortunate to live in a democracy where you can, to a good degree, determine your own destiny free of hindrance. Everyone is good at something and it's finding your talents and playing to them that will make you money and, more importantly, lead to emotional fulfilment.
viksta1000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thecookiemonster)
Nice use of sarcasm there. By the looks of things you have that mentality drilled into you that you HAVE to go to university otherwise your life is over.
Haha

No I understand that is possible to make money without a university degree, I mean look at Bill Gates, Lord Alan Sugar and Sir Richard Branson...all multi million/billionaires and all university dropouts/non-attenders

A degree is one thing....passion, drive and motivation is another (and perhaps the characteristics of more relevance to achieving success) ....couple the two and you can only increase your chances of success and mega mulah!

But I totally understand your perception that it's just as possible to become rich without attending university!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't actually care if I'm not a member of the royal family to tell you the truth!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads