If Kate suddenly died, the world would mourn. If a poor kid died,no one gives a **** Watch

ranbow99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The problem is, we know it goes on in the world, but so many children die everyday that it's impossible to mourn over all the children, everyday. Yes we can do things to try and prevent it (e.g. donating money, doctors help etc) but it's become like a normality now, which is very sad but it's the truth.
JGR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Frankly I doubt the masses would collectively mourn Kate's (presumably later) death. Of course there'd be lots of sympathetic noises for a few days, but would they really be upset or distraught? I doubt it somehow.
Toon Fan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
Just thought I lay out the reactions of people in these two cases. If kate suddenly died, the whole world mourn as if they lost one of their parents or something. But if a poor kid in afrida dies of malnutrition or a palestinian kid gets blown to bits, we dont give a **** to be honest.

We care so much about the higher class and celebrities in general that we sometimes live in a fantasy world distorting our image of the real world. As long as it doesn't happen to us and the higher elite, we couldn't care less what the **** goes on elsewhere.
Welcome to the real world. Not some fairy tale land where there is no poverty and everyone has a really nice house. Get over it.
n65uk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kimmey)
we wouldnt want to see the 200 million pounds that we paid go to waste
This! Then again, we send loads of money to poor countries too!
bench
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its a simple rule, something that happens all the time loses its effect.

A small African child that dies, hundreds every day, means a lot less because every has heard of it before and have already gone through the mourning process for the African child which has died before hand so many times.

Whereas

A royalty dropping dead, doesn't normally happen, would obviously get more media and publics attention.

Although they are both 'equal in terms on being human' one happens a lot frequent than the other.
JohnC2211
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by therealOG)
More like "everyone knows and wants to shag Kate her sister.".

Fixed.
JRGC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Someone always has to come out with stupid things like this, don't they?

Same could be said for someone like the Pope, or practically anyone else in the public eye.
Arekkusu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
Just thought I lay out the reactions of people in these two cases. If kate suddenly died, the whole world mourn as if they lost one of their parents or something. But if a poor kid in afrida dies of malnutrition or a palestinian kid gets blown to bits, we dont give a **** to be honest.

We care so much about the higher class and celebrities in general that we sometimes live in a fantasy world distorting our image of the real world. As long as it doesn't happen to us and the higher elite, we couldn't care less what the **** goes on elsewhere.
Well exposure makes us feel like we know someone, and it's good that we care more about people we know, otherwise, with the best will in the world, we wouldn't have time to do anything else.
Stressworthy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Er, wtf? I don't see why this thread is coming about as a result of the royal wedding today when it's simply a fact of life today and celebrity culture/people idolosing celebs in general. Of course there's inequality. Suddenly you want to eradicate that overnight? Good luck with that.
Retrodiction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is the case with many, many famous people. Why single out poor Kate?
turn and fall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Monarchy is the opium of the people.
concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I mourn for no one.
o Rebecca o
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kate is probably the most famous woman in the world right now, and is now Royalty.

So yes, if she ever did suddenly die then it'll be all over the news and there will be people who would be upset and there will be other people who wouldn't care. So it would be a big deal.

Also the news can't do a news report on every single child that dies, it's impossible.

It's not about people not caring if a poor kid dies, it's just their deaths are unknown to us....we can't mourn a child's death if we don't know about it.

To be honest OP, you don't mourn a child's death everyday do you? You're as unaware of a child dying like the rest of us. You probably never think about kids dying at all to be honest.

You're only thinking about this now because of the wedding that happened today.
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JohnC2211)
Fixed.
NAAAHH NAAAH NAAHHH

Kate 4 lyf.

Her sister is alright, but she can't compare with Kate :love:

A foursome with Kate, her sister and her **** of a mother would be heaven.
Xhotas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We mourn to people we feel an emotional connection with and who are involved in some way in our lives.

When we watch Tv, we can feel emotionally involved with characters, so we mourn if they die in the film.

If we'd just been told someone who we didn't know had died, we'd feel sad, but they weren't involved with our lives. So why should we mourn?

Not everyone would mourn just because she's the future King's wife (She's not allowed to be Queen) but those who are patriotic and centre their lives around the royal family might.

This thread is ret-arded.
Rishz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't mourn.
viksta1000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If Kate died, I wouldn't mourn.....if her sister died on the other hand :sexface: :cry2:
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
More coverage on Kate. More stories. We know more about her. Even if we don't know her personally, we've still seen quite a bit of her and heard quite a lot too. If some random African kid dies, I won't know anything about him until the time I hear of it. Quite different.

God I hate this forum. No wonder I left.
Logi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2:47 - 3:16

(Original post by The Joker)
You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!
~ABR~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed