What date do you set your Anniversary as? Watch

dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well we met, got together, kissed, had sex, all that stuff on the same day so easy to keep track of! Now we just consider our anniversary as the day we got married, March 27th 2010 :love:
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
I really am, it's dire. I've got to learn my entire degree in like 2 weeks. Erf.
Oh sweetheart. Just keep going. Just think in 2 weeks all exams will be over and then you have a few weeks to really live it up :hugs:

What would your answer be to your question?
Faustus Fotherby
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
Oh sweetheart. Just keep going. Just think in 2 weeks all exams will be over and then you have a few weeks to really live it up :hugs:

What would your answer be to your question?
I already gave it earlier in my original post Read the thread my dear!
LadySmythe
Report 7 years ago
I already gave it earlier in my original post Read the thread my dear!
Ahh I see. Sorry I've read it now. Thats a cute little story
You both split sooner than I thought you would :sad:
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loz17)
Ahh I see. Sorry I've read it now. Thats a cute little story
You both split sooner than I thought you would :sad:
Yeh I was hoping to keep things together till the end of third term but he didn't want to make it feel like we were getting our hopes up then making it worse when it had to happen.

Plus doing it over the holidays meant he could do it on Skype, I think he'd have found it really hard having that talk face-to-face, bless him. We're still friends but not talking at the moment, it's all good it was gonna happen so I was expecting it
Michael Locke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cicerao)
You sound like a bundle of laughs.
I well and truly am.
Kasphlam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ours is the day we decided to be boyfriend and girlfriend, also the day of our first official date. (Although we had spent time alone together before and he had cooked for me.)

I don't think you can count it from the day you met really. :erm:
aeterno
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The day we were officially in a relationship. Ehh, it's kind of weird how it all happened really because it was more of a 'I want to be with you' 'Me too' and hey presto, we made it that day. (Bearing in mind we knew each other beforehand, had that attraction where neither of us was sure whether the other felt the same way, had our first kiss before all that...)

We've survived :woo:
*BB*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The date we officially 'got together' ie boyfriend and girlfriend - 13th December 2008. We first met on 1st October 2008 - I only remember this because it's easy to remember and it was an event that is important in my life.
03hope03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The date we became boyfriend and girlfriend although we do remember all the other important dates as well, like the date of our first kiss and when we first spoke to each other, but our anniversary is the day he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes
LadySmythe
Report 7 years ago
Yeh I was hoping to keep things together till the end of third term but he didn't want to make it feel like we were getting our hopes up then making it worse when it had to happen.

Plus doing it over the holidays meant he could do it on Skype, I think he'd have found it really hard having that talk face-to-face, bless him. We're still friends but not talking at the moment, it's all good it was gonna happen so I was expecting it
Thats fair enough. It's for the best not talking atm if it brings up stuff until you're both comfortable with the friendship stage until after exams. Then let the friendship begin!

Breaking up over skype would have been the worst as then neither of you would have had real closure on the relationship.
I'm glad you're ok though :hugs:
Cicerao
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kasphlam)
I don't think you can count it from the day you met really. :erm:
Why not? We kind of drifted into being together and at one point we separated for a week or two, so we could either pick a random date, have multiple anniversaries or just pick the most convenient and meaningful date, when we came into each other's lives. I don't see what the matter with the latter is.
clo-clo1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hatemylife)
The day you get married, otherwise, as you have stated, there is lots of confusion. Not really anniversaries, are they.
Pretty much this. I don't even know when I got together with my boyfriend (okay I know the year) but there is a 3 month window we could count. Why bother really? Oooh lets celebrate the fact we haven't broken up yet.

Don't get me wrong though I am a romance lover, anniversaries just annoy me- especially monthly ones.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ours (before getting married) was always the date that we actually started dating (as in, when I said yes after he asked me out).

Now though we tend to just celebrate our wedding anniversary, except for this year, when we've already celebrated our wedding anniversary (which was 6 years) but we're also going to do something special for our "how long we've been together" anniversary because it's coming up to 10 years, so it's worth celebrating.
CameraGirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the day (night) we first kissed, since it was a given that we would be together from that moment

if i got married, then that would be the main anniversary date, but obviously if we'd been together as boyfriend/girlfriend for several years longer, i'd celebrate on that day too, the amount of years we'd been together.

2 anniversaries! the day we got together and the day we got married
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loz17)
Thats fair enough. It's for the best not talking atm if it brings up stuff until you're both comfortable with the friendship stage until after exams. Then let the friendship begin!

Breaking up over skype would have been the worst as then neither of you would have had real closure on the relationship.
I'm glad you're ok though :hugs:
He'd never have survived a face-to-face - I felt surprisingly calm as we were having 'the talk' but a friend who was also talking to him said he was having a breakdown.

He's not very good at emotional things, bless
ellakrystina
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My boyfriend and I never 'officially' got together, and we made it Facebook official about two-three weeks after our (now) anniversary. One night we were having a romantic cuddle in bed and my boyfriend promised that he'd take me away to Paris... we ended up going to Paris four months later. The night that he promised to whisk my away is now our anniversary
LethalBizzle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys,

I was wondering what date people consider to be the anniversary of their relationship?

For instance any of the following could be contenders for it:

- the date you first met even if that was just a casual meeting and you didn't know them at all
- the date you had your first date
- the date you had your first kiss
- the date you agreed to call each other "boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever"
- the date you went "Facebook official" (for those that do)

My ex had our anniversary down as the time where shortly after we'd first met I'd decided I wanted to get to know him better in person and had arranged to meet up ostensibly to do work, (upon arriving at the library I immediately declared it had been cold on my walk there and I needed to have a hot chocolate in the library café ). We just talked for like 2 hours and I wouldn't really call it a date because I'd just seen it as a way to get to know him better and I had intended to maybe do work together if that was what he really wanted to do.

Was just wondering what other people thought because while he thought it was then I had our anniversary down as the first proper date we went on (which was the next day when we agreed to go into town and have coffee rather than make up an excuse to see each other like I had).

I guess it doesn't really matter so long as you both agree but was just wondering what people thought.
Whatever my girlfriend tells me it is.
amison
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Me and my boyfriend both count it as the day we first met. Seems to make it a bit more special in a very cheesy/slushy way.
Kasphlam
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cicerao)
Why not? We kind of drifted into being together and at one point we separated for a week or two, so we could either pick a random date, have multiple anniversaries or just pick the most convenient and meaningful date, when we came into each other's lives. I don't see what the matter with the latter is.
Unless you actually get together on the day I just don't see it. In that situation I'd class it from the first kiss.

For instance, I know a couple who count it from the day they met, despite them both pulling other people afterwards, before they were mutually exclusive. They didn't even get together on that day! I don't really think you can count that as the start of your relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads