Want red hair but have a question... Watch

Jar of Hearts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by owliver)
Srsly. I'm auburn! or in South Park terms, a Daywalker...

It's beautiful! as is yours cus dyed red hair = fit as (:
And who doesn't want to be like grandpa (yours or mine, they both sound cool)
Is it long and flowing? :w i know grandpa is awesome. My other grandad (not satan) looks like santa. Used to say he was santa's brother. However, if you would like to carry this conversation about auburn hair on, pm me or write on the wall thingy as im sure we're annoying OP :P
Pirzer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For red go for Schwarzkopf XXL Live. It's really good for non bleached hair - and it really lasts. I'm currently on Cosmic Blue - Really nice black colour with a blue tint. I love it, and it's really easy to use.
Dumpynose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jar of Hearts)
Satans my grandad.
Ah, that explains your username then. Just to clarify, so your sent out by Granddaddy to kill people, rip out their hearts and bring them back to him in a jar as proof? Sounds faintly familiar...
owliver
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dumpynose)
Ah, that explains your username then. Just to clarify, so your sent out by Granddaddy to kill people, rip out their hearts and bring them back to him in a jar as proof? Sounds faintly familiar...
He brings back brains too, but they eat them...
Ammety
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if you wash your hair with fairy liquid it dulls the hair dye enough that you should be able to dye over it easily
if it doesn't fade straight away either keep using the fairy liquid or leave it in for a bit
Jar of Hearts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't say rip.. i do it gently. Half human and all that.
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
red hair looks hooot!
owliver
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by getfunky!)
red hair looks hooot!
**** Yeah.
The Procrastinator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'd reply to all but there's so many! Some random convos going on too haha It's all good!

I've seen a picture with purple hair now....haha less likely to go tits up??
Pareesasa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i hope this red hair isn't because of cheryl cole
Arrrrrmelia
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Speaking as a person with red hair similar to the colour of the picture I know it is difficult to get the red exetly right. I had to dye it at least 5 times before it went the colour I wanted! There is a new colour stripper called "Colour B4" available now that is much less harmful than bleaching. I would suggest using this opposed to bleach!
Dumpynose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Procrastinator)
That's how I picture my hair coming out as. Think I need to get a pro to do it haha I'm not bleaching it myself!!
Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOW51iwYopw
taunt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did a home job, and it turned out pretty good!!! if i say so myself lol

You dont have to bleach it with like pure pure bleach, but what i did was i took a really light blonde (ash blonde) becasue I have dark brown hair originally...

right yeh so I dyed it first wth the ash blonde, then I got a "cherry something red" cant remeber full name . but anyway it turned out lighter than the picture model... but yeh loved it... the roots have started to show now though...but nice while it lasted..might do it agian after exams have finished, just too stressed to be thinking about these things lol

anyway hope that helped
The Procrastinator
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pareesasa)
i hope this red hair isn't because of cheryl cole
God no!!!!!! I've always liked red hair (not sure where I saw it first) just never got round to it
*Corinna*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The problem with red is that after two weeks it looks waaaaaay worse! This girls hair is amazing at the pic but I doubt they would be like that ten days later
That's what I hate about my red hair
The Procrastinator
Rep:
?
Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOW51iwYopw
Ooo that's pretty cool! I don't want to be that red just yet...I want to gradually get there so people don't freak out thanks for the vid!
The Procrastinator
Rep:
?
(Original post by taunt)
I did a home job, and it turned out pretty good!!! if i say so myself lol

You dont have to bleach it with like pure pure bleach, but what i did was i took a really light blonde (ash blonde) becasue I have dark brown hair originally...

right yeh so I dyed it first wth the ash blonde, then I got a "cherry something red" cant remeber full name . but anyway it turned out lighter than the picture model... but yeh loved it... the roots have started to show now though...but nice while it lasted..might do it agian after exams have finished, just too stressed to be thinking about these things lol

anyway hope that helped
Would that blonde work on dyed brown hair do you think? It's worth a go I reckon! Thanks for the responce
The Procrastinator
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xristina)
The problem with red is that after two weeks it looks waaaaaay worse! This girls hair is amazing at the pic but I doubt they would be like that ten days later
That's what I hate about my red hair
That's the one thing I'm going to hate about this. When I dye mine dark brown I can leave it for months really! Even with regrowth. People think it's natural haha oh how I wish! I'm lazy about hair, I get it cut like once a year.....so this going red thing will probably change me, or aggravate me
*Corinna*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jar of Hearts)
I went from darkbrown to red on my own. No bleach or anything.
I didnt go to the hairdressers because every time they did my red in the past it faded really quick.

I got colour XXL red passion i think it was called, put it on for the time it said and it came out a tiny bit darker than that. But then I dyed it again and it came out brighter like in that picture. I duno about the roots... mines are a light brown, and they don't look different to the rest of my hair once i've dyed over them. I've had red hair since like 2009 now haha. Reminds me to buy some more dye...
Oh your hair looks perfect in that pic. I have the same problem, when I go to the hairdressers (always) it fades so quickly. I thought it was the colour but your post made me doubt it.
Ok so this dye XXL red passion, where can I buy it from? Also when you say you dyed it again you mean straight away or the next time? How long does the colour last?
My roots are also brown (not light but not that dark either) do I have to dye them first and leave the dye for longer than the rest of the hair? I've never dyed my hair on my own... Is it easy or do I need a friend?
taunt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Procrastinator)
Would that blonde work on dyed brown hair do you think? It's worth a go I reckon! Thanks for the responce

No problem

anyway yes it would work, because dyed or natural, its the same colour, so it would bleach the first colour, this would give you a honey blonde, then after that you dye it red, this will give you a really nice cherry colour

btw i use loreal hair dye, i personally think they work the best.

hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.84%
No - but I will (98)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (604)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed