POLL: Have you ever played "Traffic light GP"? Watch

Poll: Have you ever played the traffic light GP?
Yes and i win:cool: (17)
30.91%
Yes and i sometimes win/sometimes lose (13)
23.64%
Yes and i lose (1)
1.82%
No i'm boring (24)
43.64%
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nyah, I only tend to do it if the person's been annoying me. My bike's reasonably powerful, so I can usually go faster than most cars out there. That said, there's nothing better than weaving through the traffic when the cars are getting bogged down.

Gods, I miss my bike. Can't wait to get her over here.
tface
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bobifier)
Whilst I don't dispute the accuracy of your post, I would be interested to know how it relates to mine.
You sarcastically commented on the OP being faster than one person, implying that it was very unimpressive. I said that he is capable of going much faster than a very large majority of people, making your post irrelevant.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I find it hilarious the people that think my insurance will go up/i will die/i will cause accidents for accelerating away from lights slightly quicker than normal some of the time...

I have 3 years NCB and have never caused an accident in my life so how "i'm the type that makes insurance go up" i have no idea...

I'm the one reducing insurance for everyone by never claiming/causing accidents...
mackemforever
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MHorman)
Ok, you know what i mean. You're sat a light minding your own business when you look to your side at the other driver and they rev their engine. The norm is to reply by revving yours and then the race is on.... :cool:

I was stopped at some lights near my house in a 70 zone.(Yea, it's weird...) I hear some bass to my left. Look over and there's a chavvy car rolling up. When i look over to see what is spewing out the crappy noise(Apprently it's called music) the guy grabs some eye contact and as he does that revs his ****ty peugeot crapbox with loud exhaust... I blipped the throttle a little bit for lulz but with the stock can my bike sounds like a kitten...

I think "**** it", lights go and i nailed it at about 3k revs and dropped the clutch and red lined it in first and then was at 9000 or so in 2nd when i realised i was breaking the speed limit an ickle bit...The guy was nowhere to be seen at all off the line obviously and as i slammed it into second he was a mile back.. I backed off near the speed limit and he then caught up/passed me about 5 seconds later... No point going at license losing speeds though. I showed him who was boss at the lights...

Share your stories/opinions on the matter...
Hell yeah I do it, it is so much fun!

Despite the fact that cos I'm only 20 and haven't had my full license 2 years yet I'm only on 33bhp it can still kick the crap out of most cars off the line.

Had such a satisfying moment a couple of months ago, had a chav in a Saxo want to race me away from the lights so I took off, but as soon as I hit 60 (60 speed limit on that road) I stopped accelerating. The guy caught up to me and instead of slowing down he went straight over the double white lines to overtake me and continued accelerating. What he didn't know is that about 100 yards after where he overtook me is a favourite spot for police cars to sit and wait. He got pulled over very quickly!

(Original post by loonyplatypus)
You are the reason that males have to pay more for car insurance than females.
1) We are both bikers.
2) With bike insurance there is almost no difference between what men and women pay.
3) You're gonna be paying the same as men in not very long.
4) Nobody gives a **** what you think.
5) Get back to the kitchen.
loonyplatypus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mackemforever)
1) We are both bikers.
2) With bike insurance there is almost no difference between what men and women pay.
You kinda ruined a reasonable post with the last two points. Also, that's already been pointed out several times
Left Hand Drive
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only whent he other person dosnt know. I love it when my 1ltre corsa spanks a AMG or a BMW
Rich_183
Report 7 years ago
nah but my dad has lol
Enchanté
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did that the other day at some traffic lights in a 60 zone soon zoomed off in my lil 1.1 punto. :p: don't think the people in the other 2 lanes were really aware though.
Bikes move off faster than cars anyway, I was following my boyfriend on his motorbike the other day and every time we stoped he soon zoomed off and left me like a mile behind in car lol.
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mackemforever)
1) We are both bikers.
2) It's big enough
3) don't want to

I don't deliberately play it, but have a habit of pulling off the line as fast as poss without thinking about it now
omarion526
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
used to when I was younger, now I can appreciate that my machines are probably more powerful than a lot of the cars driven by idiots on the road so leave them to it most of the time... Do it more when I'm on my own and it's empty on nationals or whatever.. more enjoyable safer etc etc.. or save it for tracks.. was wrapped on the knuckles for it once (when I wasn't!) so enough to put me off!
iwantcheese5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do sometimes when I'm bored but unless I launch at silly high rpm the ickle rotary engine can be flattened by a 1.6l with a decent driver who's going for it well up to 20mph that is then the power comes through and the long ratios let me hit 70 in second
rosiegarden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do even without the whole 'making eye contact/revving the engine' I like overtaking people in really nice cars on the dual carriageway too (but obviously without going over the speed limit). The look on their face when my tatty little Ford KA passes their shiny new Jaguar, beautiful.

I also found that I got overtaken more when I was driving my Dad's Audi A3 last summer than when I drive my '54 reg KA. Weird?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i do it a bit but i always feel **** when they re overtake me because i dont want points, i look elsewhere to avoid eye contact
int92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by loonyplatypus)
You are the reason that males have to pay more for car insurance than females.
you are a female, thats the reason why u r a **** driver
whiskeyinthejar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, I've never done this. But men try and race me all the time. One didn't take his foot off the clutch fast enough once and stalled, haha.
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I will make eye contact, rev engine, and..........tootle off at normal pace from traffic lights.

I have nothing to prove.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.93%
No - but I will (4)
3.45%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.31%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (63)
54.31%

Watched Threads