How is your relationship with your mum? Watch

C. Nworb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Watch Gilmore Girls, and that's me and my mum. Great mother-daughter relationships seem to run in my family though, because my mum and nana can hang out with me and my friends and have it seem completely normal. It's ace. I'm pretty lucky.
henerysf
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I never had one.
But I've had some friends who've shared theirs with me. Awfully nice things, mothers. :3
BenjyK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Horrific

Just the sound of her voice makes me want to run off of a cliff.

I envy people who can actually talk to their parents, they're like strangers to me, i cant even go out for a meal with them and family holidays are hell on earth, no matter how amazing the location

Cant wait till I move out, and they get old so the only communication i have with them is depositing a monthly sum into their account for groceries
Adam010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My relationship with your mum is f*cking superb.........as far as the sex goes
Intensity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She's my best friend. We talk about everything 'cept sex (And I mean seriously everything: drugs, self harm, men, the colour of our wee ).

She's amazing. I'm very lucky.
im so academic,
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
It's a bit of a mess. She thinks I'm a 'selfish, boring *****'.

Thanks. :rolleyes:
You do have close to 20,000 posts on TSR, so she does have a point with regards to you being boring.

My relationship with my mum is good. Could be better could be worse.
ihaveyourcat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its not a great relationship. The only things we ever talk about are very superficial things. I don't feel like I could ever talk about anything important or about my feelings or anything meaningful with her. Our relationship has improved though since moving away to uni. Had I gone to uni in my home city and lived at home I dread to think what would have happened.
Lintu93
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Almost non-existent.

But there's no reason to get all hung up about it.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic,)
You do have close to 20,000 posts on TSR, so she does have a point with regards to you being boring.

My relationship with my mum is good. Could be better could be worse.

Uhuh. Coming from the person who makes dupe TSR accounts on a Saturday night.
psychocustard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We've been through a lot together, and we're pretty close. She drives me mental at times, but that's fairly normal for a mother/daughter relationship so it's not a huge problem...
im so academic,
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
Uhuh. Coming from the person who makes dupe TSR accounts on a Saturday night.
I was not meaning to offend.

And what is a 'dupe account'?
yora22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow that sounds like some of you guys have had a really tough time Mum's can be really hard..they go through a lot and we go through a lot too.

A few years a go my relationship with my Mum was a bit rocky but it is better now because I got diagnosed with OCD so we partially know why I was acting like I was.

I hope you guys are okay. I know a lot of people go through really hard times with their relationships with their Mums.

I know people who have moved out and had really bad relationship with their Mums afterwards (and before, hence moving out) but after a few years (which must have been very hard years) things got better and the relationship has improved.

Hope you are all okay!!
Sleep well tonight!
Anonymous #6
Report 7 years ago
I love my mum, she raised me single handedly as my father wasn't bothered. However, our relationship isn't great. I never really feel affection from her, or warmth. She never listens to anything I have to say, and as a consequence, she knows nothing about me really. She gets on better with my sister and doesn't make an effort with me. It's heartbreaking, but she's all I have.
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She changed completely as a person from when i was 16. She is very calm now and I talk and tell her things which brought us close together. I dont know why she was the way she was she cant explain it herself.
Ah ok that sounds like it's worked out great for you both!
ilovelife1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its preety good, although a bit more independence would be nice , shes a bit over protective at times but then again aren't all pakistani familes
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We went through a rough period, and we still argue (single parent + only child = :facepalm2:) but we get along ok now.
She's never made me a sandwich though, hence the arguments. My sandwich making skills put women to shame :smug:
KrazyKro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
childish...
neuro101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ilovelife1234)
Its preety good, although a bit more independence would be nice , shes a bit over protective at times but then again aren't all pakistani familes
I think that's the case with all Middle Eastern/Asian families ; ) My mom is my best friend, we talk about everything, I mean everything. I don't know what I do without her. My dad, well, we don't see eye to eye on anything...

But yeah, I definitely know what you mean by overprotective, but they can't help it you know : )

Edit: I just realized the time stamp said May 1st, but it's April 30th on my end lol
ranbow99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really good, we hardly ever argue tbh.

Although there are some things (e.g. boys, sex, whether ive ever smoked/got drunk etc) that we never talk about, and I dont think I could tbh. Problem is my mum thinks i'm REALLY innocent but i'm not haha. Like she thinks i've never got drunk and she has pretty strong beliefs about those things, and i'm no way strict about stuff like that

But she never asks me about boys or drinking etc so I dont have the need to tell her. I sometimes wish though I could feel more comfortable about talking with her about stuff like that.
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ranbow99)
Really good, we hardly ever argue tbh.

Although there are some things (e.g. boys, sex, whether ive ever smoked/got drunk etc) that we never talk about, and I dont think I could tbh. Problem is my mum thinks i'm REALLY innocent but i'm not haha. Like she thinks i've never got drunk and she has pretty strong beliefs about those things, and i'm no way strict about stuff like that

But she never asks me about boys or drinking etc so I dont have the need to tell her. I sometimes wish though I could feel more comfortable about talking with her about stuff like that.
How old are you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed