?
Report 7 years ago
The Bahrain report got leaked.
F1Addict
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really think the FIA should change their decision.

The Indian GP is unlikely to be as good as a final race as Interlagos. Brazil's crowd is always awesome and so is the race with unpredictable weather. India may be an awesome GP but I don't think it can live up to the Brazilian GP.

Also, the workers at the factory will only have about 2 months, maybe less, to design the 2012 cars, especially in the bigger teams. That'll probably mean long working hours, maybe a shortened Xmas break or something, which doesn't sound good. It might also mean that the top teams might end up closer to the midfield in 2012 than earlier seasons, as midfield teams will probably start work on the 2012 car earlier if the Bahrain GP goes ahead.

Only good thing is an extra race to catch Vettel. Though Vettel might even end up winning the Bahrain GP if it does go ahead lol.
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/13694628.stm

Bahrain Grand Prix is Cancelled again!
ScoCmac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)

It's not officially cancelled It just hasn't been given the approval from all of the teams that could (exceptionally unlikely) still happen.
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ScoCmac)
It's not officially cancelled It just hasn't been given the approval from all of the teams that could (exceptionally unlikely) still happen.
A very very unlikely thing to happen bearing in mind if you read the article, FOTA has already written to the FIA saying they don't want it.

Its cancelled. No great loss and good for the sport.
ScoCmac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
A very very unlikely thing to happen bearing in mind if you read the article, FOTA has already written to the FIA saying they don't want it.

Its cancelled. No great loss and good for the sport.
No what the FOTA Letter has said is that they do not want Bahrain on that date the refusal is that the Indian GP should not be moved due to logistical concerns and what has been indicated in the letter is that FOTA is open for discussion as to when/if the Bahrain GP should be reinstated this year or next year (albeit they are favouring next year they have not written off it being made a later race in the year)
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No what the FOTA Letter has said is that they do not want Bahrain on that date the refusal is that the Indian GP should not be moved due to logistical concerns and what has been indicated in the letter is that FOTA is open for discussion as to when/if the Bahrain GP should be reinstated this year or next year (albeit they are favouring next year they have not written off it being made a later race in the year)
Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up! Its so confusing sometimes!

I still think the race won't happen this season.
ScoCmac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up! Its so confusing sometimes!

I still think the race won't happen this season.
Yeah neither do I however when you consider the money at stake it makes it slightly more likely that the business side of things may try and force it through despite what Ecclestone might say with $40 million + sponsorship it can be a very compelling reason to go with it.

Does anyone who does not have ulterior motives want this race to go ahead? :confused:
Lady Gaga's Bottom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, chuck Borerain off the calendar.
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah neither do I however when you consider the money at stake it makes it slightly more likely that the business side of things may try and force it through despite what Ecclestone might say with $40 million + sponsorship it can be a very compelling reason to go with it.

Does anyone who does not have ulterior motives want this race to go ahead? :confused:
To be fair though, half the sponsors of F1 probably wouldn't want to be seen anywhere near Bahrain given its current record and very public human rights abuses against pro-democracy advocates, a big no no in the West where most of these companies are from.

I would imagine major corps like Vodafone, RBS, BMW, Mercedes, etc would not want to be seen anywhere near it, it could seriously damage their image and that is worth much more than one race weekend.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
Just like the A1 Ring. Man I loved that circuit.
I remember playing that on F1 2001. Going airborn at turn 1 was so cool. :awesome:

On topic though, keep Bahrain off. It's called Borerain for a reason tbh.
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)

That would be rather funny if all the teams rocked up in India on Oct 30th (or whatever the date is), while Charlie Whiting, the stewards and Jean Todt are sitting at Bahrain, wondering why its so quiet and where everyone else is.
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thomasp)
That would be rather funny if all the teams rocked up in India on Oct 30th (or whatever the date is), while Charlie Whiting, the stewards and Jean Todt are sitting at Bahrain, wondering why its so quiet and where everyone else is.
hahaha! Oh my god, I hope this happens!

Just I hope Jake travels with the teams and Eddie travels with the FIA! Haha!
Lady Gaga's Bottom
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
hahaha! Oh my god, I hope this happens!

Just I hope Jake travels with the teams and Eddie travels with the FIA! Haha!
What's wrong with Eddie?
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We'd then get Eddie pouncing on all the FIA and giving them a right grilling! Would most likely make good telly, especially if there's a swimming pool nearby...
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lady Gaga's Bottom)
What's wrong with Eddie?
Nothing, as thomasp said, Eddie would be the ideal candidate to grill and gloat at the FIA **** up! He is so good at speaking at whatever is on his mind and has no brain to mouth s**t filter, which is exactly what you want when you want to laugh at the FIA!
Lady Gaga's Bottom
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha! Yeah, I love how he'll just grab someone for an interview, man is mental.
MonkeyMan2009
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/13224497.stm

After their crack down on civilian protesters, which granted wasn't anywhere near as extreme as the Syrians', I personally don't think that bahrain should be given the chance to stage a grand prix. Is ecclestone just trying to grab more money yet again?

Thoughts?
nothing to do with human rights. As long as our economy and trade deals aren't affected its all good. This is what cameron did when he went to bahrain with his arms sales team to sell them weapons to crack down on the protestors. British diplomacy at its best!
Lady Gaga's Bottom
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
100% off now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.81%
No - but I will (111)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise