Which 5 people would you take to a second planet to rebuild society? Watch

Millz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinda.college)
**** it, just me and a tv. I'll die on my own whilst amusing myself on this 'planet' can't be arsed to start a new civilisation tbh.
lol. Hahahahaha
PatrickC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
1) Engineer - to start planning to build a settlement
2) Chemist - to make toothpastes, medicines, chemicals etc.
3) Doctor - to heal people duh...
4) Musician - for entertainment
5) Some hot supermodel - wouldn't you like to know? :sexface:

Sorted.
Couldn't agree more.

I think debating who the number 5 would be might be an ever better thread. It would be such a hard decision.
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My family. If the society sucks then we at least all die together.
PatrickC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
after reading through this thread it would have to be

1. Some incredible engineer
2. Stephen Fry
3. Louise Glover (oh yes mate)
4. John Bishop or michael mcintrye (just for the jokes)
5. it'd be tough between scarlett johannsen, rhona mitra and keeley hazell... still so many others though
mau5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Paul Chuckle
Barry Chuckle
Simon Weston
John Virgo
Mila Kunis
mc1000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
Prince Harry, cos I want a shag from him so bad!
You need to lose weight first.
manchild007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ranbow99)
5) Prince Harry because them we would have some Royalty on the planet and he seems like a laugh :p:
Harry is a normal human-being though, on both planets (i.e. on earth and whatever second planet is in this game).
gozatron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by j.alexanderh)
Best so far purely because of the farmer. Lose Bear Grylls for some kind of geologist for prospecting building materials, water/energy sources etc; replace historian with a reliable soldier; (you don't need to be a historian to record history - someone else can do that), and it's a decent list.
Your definitely going to need a survivalist for the first few initial weeks. What happens if you land you in antarctic or rainforest? Not the easiest place for a group of city dwellers to start up a new civilisation. Soldier is a good shout, hopefully bear Grylls time in the SBS/SAS will cover that. I agree you don't need a historian to record events in the new earth but you do need a historian to record the major events that happened on the old earth so they aren't lost.
Anthonyphw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
bring the engineers, doctors and scholars you want, as long as they are all girls, otherwise you have to share your girl with them stupid.
Fusilero
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gozatron)
Your definitely going to need a survivalist for the first few initial weeks. What happens if you land you in antarctic or rainforest? Not the easiest place for a group of city dwellers to start up a new civilisation. Soldier is a good shout, hopefully bear Grylls time in the SBS/SAS will cover that. I agree you don't need a historian to record events in the new earth but you do need a historian to record the major events that happened on the old earth so they aren't lost.
Or take a doctor/engineer with experience in the army and/or survival? :holmes:
gozatron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anthonyphw)
bring the engineers, doctors and scholars you want, as long as they are all girls, otherwise you have to share your girl with them stupid.
You'll need a 50/50 split of men and women.
gozatron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Fusilero)
Or take a doctor/engineer with experience in the army and/or survival? :holmes:
Puurfect.

While we're at it, look for a Army Survivalist, trained in first aid, who used to be a farmer and loves to read history books in his space time.

Then we can just fill the other spaces with tits and ass.
BenjyK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rihanna, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Amber Rose, & Nicki Minaj
Anthonyphw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BenjyK)
Rihanna, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Amber Rose, & Nicki Minaj
you like heavy jugs huh?
PatrickC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/64...-likes-his-pee
Fusilero
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Puurfect.

While we're at it, look for a Army Survivalist, trained in first aid, who used to be a farmer and loves to read history books in his space time.

Then we can just fill the other spaces with tits and ass.
We are looking for the best 5 people to rebuild society, not some average professor of engineering. To be perfectly honest, I would probably give up my place for someone else to go in order to best allow the survival of mankind.
dunnicare
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So you have a cargo full of clones but actual humans other than the 6 you mentioned aren't allowed in the plane.
:lolwut:
Kaykiie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dunnicare)
So you have a cargo full of clones but actual humans other than the 6 you mentioned aren't allowed in the plane.
:lolwut:
I was about to post the same thing :lolwut:
BenjyK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anthonyphw)
you like heavy jugs huh?
Hell yeah, and with those 5 we would build a nation of fine racks and phatt asses :drool:
sesquipedalia
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Presuming that the preservation of life is the only important contribution that human beings can make to the universe, I must question why we consider ourselves more valuable than any other infestation we could potentially let loose on it. Human beings are physically vulnerable to a wide range of environmental threats (disease, injury, temperatures outside of a very narrow range, toxins etc) and what we call intelligence is actually a level of self-awareness that leads us to do things which are detrimental to the species for the sake of ourselves (e.g. wandering into hospitals full of already vulnerable people when we know we have live-threatening and communicable diseases). Cockroaches, on the other hand, are notoriously quasi-invincible creatures which are relatively harmless unless you happen to be a piece of wood or a person with questionable food hygiene. In essence, they’re far more likely to survive the extreme conditions another planet would pose and also far less likely to render it uninhabitable for their own selfish reasons. So really, if life is the most important thing then what we should be doing is overcoming our self-centred view of reality and finding ways of sending cockroaches as far off into space as possible and then rewarding ourselves for our noble, utilitarian exercise with a cup of tea and a nice George R. Stewart novel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads