Intensive A level problem Watch

Mechie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d.luffy)
My point is not to self study but to bring a tutor to study with you the whole syllabus and self study in small occasions like revisions...etc, and no I have no clue about the contents, the only thing I know is that french in all cases won't take much of my time as I am a native speaker in that language, what I would be spending my time the most is with the 2 other subjects I am going to take, yes I am well aware that I will have to study way more then any students.
Post 13 of this thread.

You said you're a native speaker then later on say you're not?
d.luffy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by J.tytler)
If you have C's at GCSE is Oxford really realistic?
C in english ... and if oxford request a better english grade after I finish my A levels I can take them to show them I can get an A....

Igcse doesn't really matter after what I have seen... if you get excellent grades in A levels and give an excellent interview.... your taken.

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
Post 13 of this thread.

You said you're a native speaker then later on say you're not?
I speak daily french it doesn't mean my french is my 1st language, same goes as english.

though I used native in a wrong way....
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
C in english ... and if oxford request a better english grade after I finish my A levels I can take them to show them I can get an A....

Igcse doesn't really matter after what I have seen... if you get excellent grades in A levels and give an excellent interview.... your taken.

I speak daily french it doesn't mean my french is my 1st language, same goes as english.

though I used native in a wrong way....
But if you're doing an A Level in English then surely you're unlikely to get an A if you could only get a C at GCSE.
d.luffy
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
But if you're doing an A Level in English then surely you're unlikely to get an A if you could only get a C at GCSE.
To be honest with you, during my GCSE I haven't STUDIED at all ... and as of that I have at least past with a C, now if I study as I am doing right now I think I would have had A without any doubts.
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be honest with you, during my GCSE I haven't STUDIED at all ... and as of that I have at least past with a C, now if I study as I am doing right now I think I would have had A without any doubts.
But that doesn't mean you can get an A at A Level. You really need to work on your English grammar too if you want to study for A Levels.
d.luffy
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
But that doesn't mean you can get an A at A Level. You really need to work on your English grammar too if you want to study for A Levels.
I know that, thats what I am planning to do when I finish the exams I am taking now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads