is my boyfriend using me? Watch

theseeker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So ive been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now. I was in halls last year, and as he was round all the time we decided that we were going to get a place together. He agreed but said that it should all be in my name and he would pay towards the rent or contribute at much as he could....
he is here for most of the week, basically living here and pays £10...whilst im left with bills,food and rent for over £500 per month.
Ive told him that its not right and if hes here then he should contribute so he came up with £10.
even when we go to the supermarket he will still expect me to pay half is this fair?!?
I would love to have a place of my own next year...but when im basically paying for 2 people to live its not possible.
Ive tried telling him and all hes said was that he wont bother coming round...what else am i meant to say to him?
he claims hes got no money but then goes and buys a car at £350 and then a bike £200, then he waltzes over to my place and gets everything pais for whilst me and my family have to scrimp and save..how is that fair?!

anybody have any wise words? cuz i just dont know what to say to him
thanks

Wise words - Dump him.
laurabrown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I took these wise words and finally dumped him, he refused to change his ways so onto the next victim haha
w04andia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's great, I'm really happy you did!
Now you can move on with your life
How did he take it?
Heyx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by laurabrown)
Hi, thanks for the advise, i have tried talking to him but it just ends up in an arguement but im going to be persistant cuz it certainly isnt fair.
Difficult to chat to anyone about it really cua most of my mates are single, they dont really understand and my parents never know if theyare being biased!
Definitely don't let him get away with it-he is clearly taking advantage as doesn't give a damn. You paying 500 and him only 10! If he refuses..just say you need to live seperately because you can't afford the costs or that u want your own space. Gd luck x
Heyx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh rite you dumped him
Sabi_
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry! I didn't mean to neg rep you.
UselessRelationshi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You want advice. Leave him, run as fast as you can. You're nothing but money to him. And he's probably a bum too. I haven't met the guy but I can honestly say I hate bums. People who bum off others. LEAVING is your best option. Don't bother trying to fix anything because you can't fix a defective person. Yes some people are defected.
laurabrown
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well he didnt take it well, begging me to take him back...of course cuz whos going to pay for him to live?! hell have to foot his own bill...good luck there!

completely changed everything. got a new job, new flat, starting new sports next month wish id done it sooner!

thanks for all the wise words
J0kerman2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Start charging him for sex...you'll make the money back pretty quick

On a more serious note, yeah he is screwing you over. Don't stand for it!!
romeo1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do you have an IQ of 1
Cause it appears that you do.
shinytoy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So ive been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now. I was in halls last year, and as he was round all the time we decided that we were going to get a place together. He agreed but said that it should all be in my name and he would pay towards the rent or contribute at much as he could....
he is here for most of the week, basically living here and pays £10...whilst im left with bills,food and rent for over £500 per month.
Ive told him that its not right and if hes here then he should contribute so he came up with £10.
even when we go to the supermarket he will still expect me to pay half is this fair?!?
I would love to have a place of my own next year...but when im basically paying for 2 people to live its not possible.
Ive tried telling him and all hes said was that he wont bother coming round...what else am i meant to say to him?
he claims hes got no money but then goes and buys a car at £350 and then a bike £200, then he waltzes over to my place and gets everything pais for whilst me and my family have to scrimp and save..how is that fair?!

thanks
uhh you've just answered ur own question, i dont understand
why you need a bunch of strangers on the web to justify your feelings. Of course he is a sponge, worse still, you know it and allow him. Get some spine and dump his douche
(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
You've answered your own question.
this
berrykate77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, he is.
alexrichards14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dump him and sue him big time.
laurabrown
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
dont really understand why getting to much abuse back...if you scrolled up youd see that it was over months ago so wasnt really worth wasting your time replying...thanks anyway
romeo1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No he is not using you.
janey01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

thanks

He is totally taking advantage. Either get him to pay his way or leave him!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (344)
37.84%
No - but I will (72)
7.92%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.08%

Watched Threads