Essentials for University funded by a Bursary Watch

essexgirllauren
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, Well my Uni give you £500 bursary for books and laptops and stuff like that. Because im dyslexic they gave me a laptop, printer and stuff like that and pay for internet billsand cartridges therefore i didnt have to pay for much. My fees are paid and i get around £2,000 every 4 months therefore it lasted me and i was able to use it for holidays and stuff. I have a railcard get one they save so much. my parents still pay for clothes and food so its kool.
Insanespana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A few things that you might need:

A printer / funding for printing credits through the uni library (~£50?) as you'll need to print off journals/papers/course documents/proof reading essays etc.

A memory stick / external hard drive (~£20) as you most definitely will need copies of the work you do, the last thing you need is a deadline approaching and your laptop dies with all your work on it..

Possibly quote the 3 year railcard price of ~£70 instead of just the single one? Unless you apply for this bursary each year, in which case say the £25 one.
treyno
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by tiny hobbit)
Are you actually planning to do 4 trips a term to Durham? Are you not planning to make the most of all the opportunities to join societies or take part in sport? I would hope that you would be far to busy to keep going home.
There are 3 terms minimum at Durham, so I will have to go home for christmas, easter and then summer regardless if I'm doing sport or not.
tiny hobbit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by treyno)
There are 3 terms minimum at Durham, so I will have to go home for christmas, easter and then summer regardless if I'm doing sport or not.
Sorry, I misunderstood you.

When you said "4 return tickets for each term to Durham", I translated this as 4 trips each term.
treyno
Rep:
?
(Original post by tiny hobbit)
Sorry, I misunderstood you.

When you said "4 return tickets for each term to Durham", I translated this as 4 trips each term.
Hell no, that would be very anti social!
treyno
Rep:
?
(Original post by Insanespana)
A few things that you might need:

A printer / funding for printing credits through the uni library (~£50?) as you'll need to print off journals/papers/course documents/proof reading essays etc.

A memory stick / external hard drive (~£20) as you most definitely will need copies of the work you do, the last thing you need is a deadline approaching and your laptop dies with all your work on it..

Possibly quote the 3 year railcard price of ~£70 instead of just the single one? Unless you apply for this bursary each year, in which case say the £25 one.
Thanks a lot, never thought about the printer and the credits
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads