'Personal Statement' when Transferring Uni Watch

Larissa White
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by goldenGAZE)
I'm in my first year at uni now and have a conditional offer to enter the second year of another uni as long as i get 60% average in my first year. I thought that was pretty generous. It is extremely likely you will need to meet some sort of offer to transfer, just work hard
yeh your probably right, 60% seem pretty high to me lol. out of curiousity what uni are you changing to and what course r u doing?
Kayden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Larissa White)
Im in Bedford, believe me i'd much rather be in the Luton campus as opposed to Bedford.
Seriously??? i heard bedford was the hot! looks good but really boring!
ArcadiaHouse
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
I wish it was just a matter of passing all the modules regardless of achieving a certain grade.
This is actually my transfer conditional - I have to pass all my courses without having to re-sit. The uni said this will change for next year though and will be raising its transfer conditionals. I feel extremely fortunate.
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
My real reason for wanting to change uni is because my current uni has really poor facilities (i.e. library).

But obviously I cannot say that. so what sort of justification may be regarded as valid?

i was thinking of saying I have a job near my new uni, in that case, would the universiy would actually go as far as contacting the place where i 'pretend' work?
Don't mention why you dislike your current uni - make it about why you want to go to the new one. Say positive things about it like 'Your uni has excellent facilities and I feel I would benefit from the opportunity to study here', rather than 'This uni's library is crap'.

Try and make your PS free of negativity.
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ellabella14)
Depends on the Uni, Kent gave me an offer to transfer to the second year even though the course content was quite different, Queen Mary only offered me a first year place citing course incompatibility for their reason, even though the course was more similar than Kent was, it might be worth asking the Uni before you apply whether they will accept a direct second year transfer or if the course is to different to what they offer, at least then you will know what they are likely to say about it.
is there a deadline for transfer applications? .. if so, do you know when ??
Larissa White
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
This is actually my transfer conditional - I have to pass all my courses without having to re-sit. The uni said this will change for next year though and will be raising its transfer conditionals. I feel extremely fortunate.
lucky u which uni r u transferring to btw?
Larissa White
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
Don't mention why you dislike your current uni - make it about why you want to go to the new one. Say positive things about it like 'Your uni has excellent facilities and I feel I would benefit from the opportunity to study here', rather than 'This uni's library is crap'.

Try and make your PS free of negativity.
yeh, i totally agree with you
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
lucky u which uni r u transferring to btw?
Glasgow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise