how much do i need to improve this diet Watch

jasper22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh yeah and drink black coffee 4 or 5 cups a day, increases your metabolism. dont eat ****. BOOM. its really not hard to lose weight.
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rye Bread
Eggs
Milk (Lactofree)
Banana
Bioactivia Yoghurt
Pumpkin Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Walnuts
Apple
Lean Skinless Chicken Breast
Mixed Vegetables
Baked Beans
Buckwheat
Multi-seeded Bagels
Salmon
Peanut Butter
Sweet Potatoes
Olive Oil
Wholemeal Bread
Bacon Rashers lean
Tuna
Olive Butter

BOOM. Head-shot.

You should be able to make a good 3/4/6 meal diet from this alone...just scratches the surface.
geekay1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by jasper22)
go to the gym everyday, or atleast 5 times a week and eat less... BOOM! dont be a pussy
I put a thread up asking for advice with a clear intention of loosing weight.
clearly not being a pussy.
Your post helped in no way why bother ?
The coffee comment was good though thanks for that
jasper22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ha my bad. good luck. btw eat apples for snacks as they have like 50 kcals only.
geekay1
Rep:
?
(Original post by jasper22)
ha my bad. good luck. btw eat apples for snacks as they have like 50 kcals only.
cheers dude
ily_em
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CameraGirl)
first of all, i'm not recommending you eat this little, as i have been ill for a while so have a small appetite but this is what i've been eating, and lost a stone in 2 months, also cycle for 45 minutes to an hour a day, sometimes do some cardio inthe morning too. plenty of veg, wholewheat pasta, rice and bread instead of white, fruit as snacks, white meats like chicken and turkey, soup is good and quite filling etc. obviously my appetite is quite small, but if i'm hungry, i eat. so watch calories and eat small portions, but if you'rehungry, eat, just be careful of what you eat and how much.

if i'm craving something unhealthy, i tend to chew gum for a while (i have a sweet tooth), or go out for a bike ride which takes my mind off of it and gets me away from the food cupboard :P

what i eat:

Spoiler:
Show
breakfast:
oat-so-simple sachet, with skimmed (red) milk (less fat, doesnt affect the porridge taste) - 130 calories
or
muller fat-free yoghurt - 98 calories
or
2 weight watchers yoghurts - 98 calories
or
egg white omelette, or a couple of scrambled eggs. omelette usually with red onion

lunch
salad with lettuce, pepper, red onion, cucumber, light low fat vinaigrette dressing, and a small amount of freshly cooked chicken - 150 calories
and an apple or a pear or some grapes or strawberries. or a biscuit. - 50 calories
or
plain breadsticks, dipped in extra light philadelphia - 150/200 calories.
and a piece of fruit of a biscuit
or
a can of minestrone soup - 120 calories
and a couple of plain breadsticks (usually about 20 calories each)

dinner
can of soup - 120 to 200 calories, with breadsticks - extra 80 calories ish.
or
veggie burger, with a small amount of brown rice, and a small amount of ketchup (no bun) - 300-400 calories
or
half a weight watchers pizza with a small salad - 300 calories
or
small beefburger (grilled not fried) with a small bun (preferably wholewheat), with a small amount of salad and light mayo inside ~400 calories
or
vegetable stir fry (canned tomatoes, water, aubergine, courgette, onion, soy sauce, mushrooms, small amount of oil to cook) - i cook it up then have a small portion and put the rest in the fridge for the next couple of days too

snacks
i also allow myself one to two snacks a day, if i'm feeling hungry, of up to 100 calories each. things like muesli bars, or a small amount of chocolate, or a couple of custard creams, or an ice lolly.
You tell her not to eat so little, then advise only ~900 calories a day (your diet)?

edit: oh read it wrong sorry. I get it now!
CameraGirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ily_em)
You tell her not to eat so little, then advise only ~900 calories a day (your diet)?

edit: oh read it wrong sorry. I get it now!
haha yeah, i can get away iwth just 700 calories sometimes without getting hungry, but i don't recommend that, because obviously you need more to be healthy and eat enough haha. sometimes i just physically can't eat more.

opted for going down the chippy today (tsk tsk to me) and now my stomach hurts so badly! haha. i just put what i eat as akind of example menu for good things to eat, and to show you can still diet and have delicious food and some chocolate i found it helped me when i started haha
bananacake14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by geekay1)
Ok i quoted you two as you have given some good advice so far

This is what i have ate today.

Morning - alpen
Lunch - banana dint have time to make anything more than that
dinner - chicken breast with brown rice tomato and a little bit of cheese and bbq sauce lol

I will probs have a bit of fruit or something later just as a snack.
Is this better and is this the kind of thing that i should be looking at everyday ?
I have got salmon for tomorrow and i will more than likely try and source a way of making this go nicely with brown rice

P.S.
i do appreciate all answers it was just that these are the two i spotted when i was going through them to quote.
Why don't you try and make something the night before for lunch something a bit more than a banana. It's just a suggestion but it worked for me, I used to make a salad the night before for school, back in the day lol :P
& remember don't deprieve yourself from treats! Options hot chocolate is brilliant, it's only 40 cals and mini milks are 30 cals. If you want a pack of crisps or something just have half a bag.
Allow yourself a treat meal once a week it will stop you from going insane! :P
geekay1
Rep:
?
(Original post by bananacake14)
Why don't you try and make something the night before for lunch something a bit more than a banana. It's just a suggestion but it worked for me, I used to make a salad the night before for school, back in the day lol :P
& remember don't deprieve yourself from treats! Options hot chocolate is brilliant, it's only 40 cals and mini milks are 30 cals. If you want a pack of crisps or something just have half a bag.
Allow yourself a treat meal once a week it will stop you from going insane! :P
i dint realize there was so few calories in options lol
just out of curiosity what is the safe amount of weight you can lose per week and what would i have to do to achieve this?
bananacake14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i dint realize there was so few calories in options lol
just out of curiosity what is the safe amount of weight you can lose per week and what would i have to do to achieve this?
Yeah options are brilliant, they taste nice too, definitley my favourite hot chocolate
It's only safe to lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. You're more likely to keep it off in the long run, if you eat healthily and exercise.
Find an exercise you enjoy, and mix it up a bit. Go for a walk, run, swim, bike ride etc... just make sure you do something everyday, even if you don't feel like it walk for 20 mins and then turn round and come back, before you know it you've done a 40 min walk
geekay1
Rep:
?
Yeah options are brilliant, they taste nice too, definitley my favourite hot chocolate
It's only safe to lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. You're more likely to keep it off in the long run, if you eat healthily and exercise.
Find an exercise you enjoy, and mix it up a bit. Go for a walk, run, swim, bike ride etc... just make sure you do something everyday, even if you don't feel like it walk for 20 mins and then turn round and come back, before you know it you've done a 40 min walk
so as long as i keep eating healthy and just try to fit in some exercise everyday i should be fine ?
bananacake14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
so as long as i keep eating healthy and just try to fit in some exercise everyday i should be fine ?
Yeah losing weight is simple. Eat less, move more.
geekay1
Rep:
?
Yeah losing weight is simple. Eat less, move more.
Gunna start trying HIIT during this week.. good idea ?
anon2010
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok so im trying to lose weight, i want to loose 1.5-2 stone i have recently changed my diet but will start to include jogging from the tomorrow,This is my diet.

morning-bowl of alpen with green milk
lunch - if anything a bit of toast or something like that,maybe a sausage roll if im in town ( i know this is bad )
dinner - usually something along the lines ok oven cooked chicken with some mash, or pasta just the normal types of dinners
90% of the time i drink bottled water

i do still snack a bit but a lot less than i use to it and am working to completely cut this out.

i plan to do maybe 20-30 mins of jogging once or twice a day depending on what you lot think.

so yeah my question is how can this diet be improved more and what yould you suggest in terms of exercise

one more thing i cant swim so thats out the window
Firstly missing meals and snacks will not be an advantage, it will only slow your metabolize and make it harder to control.

Try something like:
Breakfast: bran flakes or muesli with red or green milk
Snack: piece of fruit
Lunch: a chicken salad sandwich on brown bread and a low fat yoghurt
Snack: another piece of fruit or a skimmed milk latte
Dinner: a piece of lean meat, hand full of veg and 1 portion of carbs (1 portion = 2x slice of toast or 75g of cooked rice or 115g of cooked pasta or 150g potatoes)
Snack: low cal hot chocolate

This will equate to around 1300-1400cals.
It will keep you going all day, keep you full and is nutritious without denying you of any components.

I am not a nutritionist but I use to work with one so I hope this helps.
geekay1
Rep:
?
(Original post by anon2010)
Firstly missing meals and snacks will not be an advantage, it will only slow your metabolize and make it harder to control.

Try something like:
Breakfast: bran flakes or muesli with red or green milk
Snack: piece of fruit
Lunch: a chicken salad sandwich on brown bread and a low fat yoghurt
Snack: another piece of fruit or a skimmed milk latte
Dinner: a piece of lean meat, hand full of veg and 1 portion of carbs (1 portion = 2x slice of toast or 75g of cooked rice or 115g of cooked pasta or 150g potatoes)
Snack: low cal hot chocolate

This will equate to around 1300-1400cals.
It will keep you going all day, keep you full and is nutritious without denying you of any components.

I am not a nutritionist but I use to work with one so I hope this helps.
yep this helps it seem like a lot to eat in a day though lol
anon2010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yep this helps it seem like a lot to eat in a day though lol
Normal amount for an adult is between 2000-2500cals. To loose around 2 lbs a week (which is a healthy amount to loose in a week) you need to have around 500 less calories. So theoretically, if your eating 1300-1400cals a day then there is no way you will stay the same weight.
It just looks a lot because it is all low cals stuff but it is hardly anything really.
geekay1
Rep:
?
Normal amount for an adult is between 2000-2500cals. To loose around 2 lbs a week (which is a healthy amount to loose in a week) you need to have around 500 less calories. So theoretically, if your eating 1300-1400cals a day then there is no way you will stay the same weight.
It just looks a lot because it is all low cals stuff but it is hardly anything really.
Ok that sound good you all make it sound so easy
I am fully motivated though.
So i shall succeed
anon2010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok that sound good you all make it sound so easy
I am fully motivated though.
So i shall succeed
It gets easier the longer you do it.
I wish you luck
geekay1
Rep:
?
It gets easier the longer you do it.
I wish you luck
Thank You
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads