The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have a nice vets down my road. There is one there I would never see as he is awful but there is a lovely one that doesn't charge for follow up appointments for small animals. Also, there was a horrible incident with a kitten that had such serious injuries it had to be put down. We took the poor little thing in and they put it (too young to know if it was a girl or boy) down and cremated it without charge. They were very understanding that it wasn't our pet but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have charged even if it was.
How hideous of you.
"Fun, safe and useful" would be the very last words I would use to describe this site after coming across it whilst looking for advice. Hideous hangout for trolls who like to leave vile insidious remarks for their own purile entertainment to inflict misery on people genuinely looking for help would categorise this website perfectly. Reading the posts on this site makes a person ashamed to be human.
I know this is an old post and it came up when I was looking for help with the same topic. The fact that you had a bunch of Neanderthals reply with their puerile, pathetic comments made for their own petty juvenile enjoyment just made me sick. I hope it was all OK, and you were ok, and you ignored the crass idiots who thought they were so "clever" with their pea brained attempts at what they consider "humour".
I have just had to put my hamster down today, you will get charged a consultation fee out of hours for emergency appointments. This includes the time out of the normal working hours of the vet clinic usually out of the hours 9am to 5pm, Weekends and bank holidays/public holidays. If you go to a charity vets that have a free consultation policy the actual price to put your hamster to sleep will be around £40. If you really can't afford it ring the rspca and tell them your hamster is suffering and you have no funds and they will help you out, they pay anything up to £120 usually. That's what I had to do because my whole bill came to £100 as it was out of hours, I hope this helps and your hamster gets to be at peace soon. Killing the poor baby at home is cruel. There's no way to do it painless and it's just utterly Inhumane
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jojojane15
I have just had to put my hamster down today, you will get charged a consultation fee out of hours for emergency appointments. This includes the time out of the normal working hours of the vet clinic usually out of the hours 9am to 5pm, Weekends and bank holidays/public holidays. If you go to a charity vets that have a free consultation policy the actual price to put your hamster to sleep will be around £40. If you really can't afford it ring the rspca and tell them your hamster is suffering and you have no funds and they will help you out, they pay anything up to £120 usually. That's what I had to do because my whole bill came to £100 as it was out of hours, I hope this helps and your hamster gets to be at peace soon. Killing the poor baby at home is cruel. There's no way to do it painless and it's just utterly Inhumane

Man I sure hope OP's hamster lived 7 more years to hear this advice
So sad, Hope your Hamster can get Get well Soon :'(

Latest