My lovely language students/graduates... Watch

Enoch.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommles)
Haha It's cool to hear someone with the same aspirations. I'm studying at Sheffield - you're going to SOAS aren't you?
YEP! Today is the results day and I got in! :woo:
tstar-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I have similar aspirations too (btw congratulations ussumane)! I've just finished my first year at Sheffield studying Japanese and Business Management. I really wanted to do something with numbers following my degree but I'm worried my degree might not be numerate enough for some employers

The timing of the year abroad means doing a summer internship is going to be near impossible, so short term placements seem to be my best option. I'm wondering if I should try and get some other qualifications during my degree if I don't manage to get any work experience to boost my employability maybe?
miniteen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PKU_Research007)
Congratulations you're what, the 1,000,000th college student that entered some random micro finance "internship" in CHina. Every single westerner that I interviewed for my position must have had that on their cv and once again its a joke. Once again you are incorrect. My own alma mater allowed for 2 years abroad. So miniteen stop talking up the arse and listen to grownups. An internship is NOT a job. Once its over its something nice and shiny to put on a CV. You learned 6 languages....so you didnt master any of them. Jack of all trades master of none. Hint instead of trying to speak as many languages as possible how about MASTERING them. XUE DAODI
Who said I didn't master any of them? I'm fully fluent in 4, if not 5 of them, and working on the last one. Get a grip of yourself, you're not almighty God, and other people can actually learn Japanese and Chinese at the same time too, and they can stay proficient in both of them whilst staying in a particular country [hint] :cool::rolleyes:. The one talking up the arse is far from me. Touche.

Yeah. And just before you were saying 3 years. Get your numbers right, then you might have some more credibility.
In any case, 2/4 years out of the university you attend, so much for taking advantage of the faculty and staff at your disposal in your own university.

If that were actually the case, you'd think you'd find tons more westerners in the Countryside. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and I don't believe a minute anything of what you say. I'm guessing you're some sore SOAS undergraduate reject, or maybe you feel your own program inadequate and want to boost your self esteem by inventing random information and condescending UK universities.
And notice the word "undergraduate", I don't care about postgraduate.
Tommles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ussumane)
YEP! Today is the results day and I got in! :woo:
Ah, congratulations! I remember this time last year well, was so excited to get in.
Enoch.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommles)
Ah, congratulations! I remember this time last year well, was so excited to get in.
Thanks brah!! My freshers start next week. So excited xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise