?
Report 7 years ago

Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cicerao)
Great post, remind to rep. I think Heaven would be exciting. You could do anything you ever wanted to but were too scared to. Like you could bungee jump and not think you're going to smash to the ground and die or whatever, heh. :]
Aha, yeah. I guess there wouldn't be that fear but would there still be the feeling of apprehensiveness you get before you embark upon such activities? Considering it can be seen as a good and a bad thing - for some it can be a deterrent, for others it's all part of the experience.

The idea of heaven being perfection as dictated by you must appeal to most people.
Arianto
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spend an eternity playing the original Starcraft multiplayer custom maps; Desert Strike, Evolution and Sunken Defense with Jesus and his homies.
AlexoEx0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Arianto)
Spend an eternity playing the original Starcraft multiplayer custom maps; Desert Strike, Evolution and Sunken Defense with Jesus and his homies.
This is the thing though, you are the second person to bring up playing videogames, as one poster a few posts ago just posted (I know, look how many times I just used the word post in some context or anyother) "COD".

What you found so appealing in those videogames: immersion, fun, competitiveness, "realism" perhaps.

All of those things wouldn't matter anymore, because in heaven you are not contrained to the limits of physical idea and application, such as videogaming, but also, (obviously assuming) wouldn't be looked up if you are playing violent videogames? If they are so fun because of the violent aspect?

Perhaps in someones heaven where they loved videogames on earth, they could sort of "play for real"? With the competitive fun still in place but no worries about dying or pain.

But isn't that what is so great about those games, seeing the causes and effects of war for example, without the effects on the player themself? If they are taken away, would they be deemed no longer fun? Would you have completely different "desires" altogether, or rather, because you are now in heaven, there are no longer desires that lead you astray from reason?

Perhaps?
AnJuM218
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get all the knowledge in the universe by asking God questions.
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have a chit-chat with Jesus, send a message to my family in some brilliant and outlandish way and then start my campaign to make fictional characters real. Seems a good way to start.
Arianto
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AlexoEx0)
This is the thing though, you are the second person to bring up playing videogames, as one poster a few posts ago just posted (I know, look how many times I just used the word post in some context or anyother) "COD".

What you found so appealing in those videogames: immersion, fun, competitiveness, "realism" perhaps.

All of those things wouldn't matter anymore, because in heaven you are not contrained to the limits of physical idea and application, such as videogaming, but also, (obviously assuming) wouldn't be looked up if you are playing violent videogames? If they are so fun because of the violent aspect?

Perhaps in someones heaven where they loved videogames on earth, they could sort of "play for real"? With the competitive fun still in place but no worries about dying or pain.

But isn't that what is so great about those games, seeing the causes and effects of war for example, without the effects on the player themself? If they are taken away, would they be deemed no longer fun? Would you have completely different "desires" altogether, or rather, because you are now in heaven, there are no longer desires that lead you astray from reason?

Perhaps?
Chillaaax, thats just my uber sarcasm (although I wouldn't mind binging on games after the exams are finished ).

Besides, I don't believe there's a heaven, even if there was, and it just happened to be exactly how we've been imagining it for the past few millennia of our 2 million year existence, I'd probably be interested in doing something that's more worthwhile - although taking into the account the concept of "eternity" I'd probably end up challenging Jesus to a bit of RTS anyway.

Or chat up Marilyn Monroe :sexface:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.32%
No - but I will (38)
6.82%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (263)
47.22%

Watched Threads