Alcohol: Yeh or Neh? Watch

Poll: Yeh or Neh?
I get completely smashed pretty often (66)
32.2%
I only drink a little to get my 'buzz' on (71)
34.63%
I tried it a few times... (22)
10.73%
I never drink anymore (19)
9.27%
I have never tried alcohol (26)
12.68%
I'm too young (Do not read under 18. I mean <14/15) (1)
0.49%
Adam010
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its feeble and pathetic of a person to depend on any form of drugs to have a 'good time'. When I was a kid i had the best time of my life. No need for alcohol or weed. If we want to experience real life and develop a sense of reality we need to stop deluding our brains with these substances. Technology and media already skew our vision of life enough.

Despite this 90% of people in my social circle do weed and about 50% do alcohol. Ive tried both. But none of them were half as potent as my natural thoughts or feelings sometimes. Not to mention some of the dreams I have where which make me feel like im on morphine.
Piddly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Adam010)
Its feeble and pathetic of a person to depend on any form of drugs to have a 'good time'. When I was a kid i had the best time of my life. No need for alcohol or weed. If we want to experience real life and develop a sense of reality we need to stop deluding our brains with these substances. Technology and media already skew our vision of life enough.

Despite this 90% of people in my social circle do weed and about 50% do alcohol. Ive tried both. But none of them were half as potent as my natural thoughts or feelings sometimes. Not to mention some of the dreams I have where which make me feel like im on morphine.
I think that I enjoy life to the max when sober as much as I can.

I have amazing friends, drive and live in a great place. I windsurf, sail, snowboard, mountain bike and play drums in a band. I am doing well at school, teach sailing and have an amazing girlfriend. Please don't hate on me for saying I believe I have an amazing life.

HOWEVER, I smoke weed, (very) occasionally take cocaine and drink pretty often. I believe that it is important to enjoy life as it is, but is in no way 'feeble or pathetic' to have a good time whilst on drugs (whether that be alcohol, cannabis or whatever)

So long as you do not harm yourself or others, why not?
Adam010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Piddly)
I think that I enjoy life to the max when sober as much as I can.

I have amazing friends, drive and live in a great place. I windsurf, sail, snowboard, mountain bike and play drums in a band. I am doing well at school, teach sailing and have an amazing girlfriend. Please don't hate on me for saying I believe I have an amazing life.

HOWEVER, I smoke weed, (very) occasionally take cocaine and drink pretty often. I believe that it is important to enjoy life as it is, but is in no way 'feeble or pathetic' to have a good time whilst on drugs (whether that be alcohol, cannabis or whatever)

So long as you do not harm yourself or others, why not?
You misunderstood me, i didnt say its pathetic to have a good time whilst on drugs. I said its pathetic to depend on drugs in order to have a 'good time'. You have clearly explained that you have a good time without drugs aswell. So this doesnt apply to you. But most college/uni students rarely have a good time without getting smashed or waved out of their mind which is disgusting.

By the way drugs do harm you. Cocaine-definitley does. Alchohol-pretty much. And weed is unpredictable in terms of mentally. Out of interest, why exactly do you do drugs then? I mean if your having a blast without them, why do you do them. Peer pressure? Social prevelance? Cool factor?
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

If you had the best time of your life as a kid, you need to start drinking more.
flubadiblam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Drink every week or two, but when i drink i DRINK, get legless and have enough stuff to talk about until the next time. this happens much more often when i have no school work to do!
Adam010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ArtGoblin)
If you had the best time of your life as a kid, you need to start drinking more.
As in, when I was a kid i was carefree............Get back in the pub you fat tub of lard.
Baula
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok so I have read countless posts on these forums of people saying they do not drink alcohol, and it made me curious as to everybody's views on the subject. Do you drink a lot, sometimes or not at all? But most importantly, why?

Personally; I love drinking, and get plastered about once a week and drink socially about twice a week. I also get high maybe once a fortnight, but that's another matter.

P.S If anyone says they don't drink because they do not like the taste ---> No one does! That's not why we drink it...
I don't overly like the taste of alcohol anyway but when we're celebrating a birthday or something I'll have 1 drink and then stick to coke and soft drinks. For some reason alcohol makes my stomach feel raw if that makes sense
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As in, when I was a kid i was carefree............Get back in the pub you fat tub of lard.
Well that's why people like drinking and taking drugs... it is one of the only chances you have as an adult to feel carefree. I don't know why you assume that people who drink need to do it to have a good time; for the majority of the time most people are sober and drinking is just one of the activities they enjoy.
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I drink. Once every month or two I'll have a big night out and get smashed, but usually I just have a pint or two down the pub of a weekend with people.
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Little but often - usually drink something every day or every other day. Only rarely get actually drunk though.

"P.S If anyone says they don't drink because they do not like the taste ---> No one does! That's not why we drink it..."

No, my friend, you don't like drinking - you like being drunk. There's a very big difference.
I refuse to drink alcoholic drinks that are filled with chemicals or taste horrible because they're just commercial crap on an industrial scale with little regard for the drinker's sense of smell/taste.
Most of my favourite drinks are alcoholic, but I would still drink them if they tasted exactly the same but didn't have any alcohol.
MovingOn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't drink, because I don't need to alter my personality and reality to have a good time
Piddly
Rep:
?
By the way drugs do harm you. Cocaine-definitley does. Alchohol-pretty much. And weed is unpredictable in terms of mentally. Out of interest, why exactly do you do drugs then? I mean if your having a blast without them, why do you do them. Peer pressure? Social prevelance? Cool factor?
Because even though I have a blast without them, they also offer a totally different experience than blasting along on a windsurfer in 30knts or snowboarding down a mountain. So I would like both aspects in my life.

Add the fact that it is not always possible to do these things in say, the evenings. It is certainly not peer pressure or any of those reasons you listed, I simply enjoy them.

As for the harmful effects, yeah maybe. But I don't take weed/ cocaine nearly enough to do much damage; and as for drinking.. I'm not exactly an alcoholic and well I much prefer the attitude 'live fast, die young,' and I'm not going to change my opinion on that
x[Aa$iyah]x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i've never drunk in my life and i'm not planning to either
Piddly
Rep:
?
(Original post by x[Aa$iyah]x)
i've never drunk in my life and i'm not planning to either
o_0 any reason??
x[Aa$iyah]x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
o_0 any reason??
ok first of all i'm a muslim so were forbidden to drink
and second i wouldn't want to, especially since i know it will kill me slowly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.44%
No - but I will (66)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (400)
47.39%

Watched Threads