thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by VanillaSky)
[original post]
You'll be absolutely fine. Really.

Depending on the college you go to (I believe some are worse for this than others) you will likely meet many people who have had a vastly more privileged upbringing than you. Do not be intimidated by them. Remember that until now they will have had somebody telling them what to do at every point in their life and taken for granted the fact that they will end up at a top uni. When faced with having to work under their own steam, many of them will struggle but you will thrive, as it'll not be much different to what you're used to!

Also, remember that the admissions tutors will have picked you for a reason. They will have experience of students from a range of backgrounds and will know what to expect from you. It is likely that they will have picked you over several privately educated types who may have had better exam grades so far than you. But, they have faith in you and they will give you the support you need to succeed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise