Soooo. What do you need to get? Watch

k3ro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by meganeira)
Awh thank you! You honestly don't know how much saying that means to me! Whenever I usually mention Aberystwyth everyone just looks down their noses. It's a lovely university campus even though it isn't the largest, and the lecturers (for European Languages) are so dedicated to the students it's quite touching. I'm surprised it's not ranked higher as some of their courses are very well respected, e.g. Geography, Politics, Law and Computer Science. The course I'm going to do (Romance Languages) has some really interesting modules, and it's 3 languages so if I don't make it into Oxford I'll be covered.
Psh! Most people in my area deem it to be a good university. One of my friends is going there, actually. She needs 30 points to study English there. I hear it's ranked fairly highly for English, so I reckon other languages will probs be good there, too.

(I'm quite jealous. I wish I had an unconditional offer! Haha. )
meganeira
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
Psh! Most people in my area deem it to be a good university. One of my friends is going there, actually. She needs 30 points to study English there. I hear it's ranked fairly highly for English, so I reckon other languages will probs be good there, too.

(I'm quite jealous. I wish I had an unconditional offer! Haha. )
Awh, I'm still really happy though! And yeah I hope so! From what I've seen it looks promising!

Where are your Firm & Insurance?

EDIT: Just seen your first post, seeing as you are the Thread Starter... Don't be so harsh on yourself! And where have you got an offer from?
k3ro
Rep:
?
Awh, I'm still really happy though! And yeah I hope so! From what I've seen it looks promising!

Where are your Firm & Insurance?

EDIT: Just seen your first post, seeing as you are the Thread Starter... Don't be so harsh on yourself! And where have you got an offer from?
Haha. I applied to: Reading, Kent, UEA, Sussex.
I applied with a predicted of like 28 (not gonna lie, recent deaths in the family kinda screwed my mock exams up.. understandably) and they all wanted 34+ points. Got offers from them all somehow (did a lot of work on my PS), but I only firmed UEA in the end because they all wanted similar grades, and I reeeeeaaaally want to do the course that UEA is offering.

I'm less bothered about having to spend another hellish year doing the IB than I am about the fact that if I don't make my grades this year, I've pretty much blown my chances for doing that course. I just don't freakin' understand french or chemistry.
meganeira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
Haha. I applied to: Reading, Kent, UEA, Sussex.
I applied with a predicted of like 28 (not gonna lie, recent deaths in the family kinda screwed my mock exams up.. understandably) and they all wanted 34+ points. Got offers from them all somehow (did a lot of work on my PS), but I only firmed UEA in the end because they all wanted similar grades, and I reeeeeaaaally want to do the course that UEA is offering.

I'm less bothered about having to spend another hellish year doing the IB than I am about the fact that if I don't make my grades this year, I've pretty much blown my chances for doing that course. I just don't freakin' understand french or chemistry.
Awh I'm sorry to hear that. Well done on getting offers though! UEA's really good! What course have you applied for?

I need a 7 in French! :eek:
And Chemistry... bleugh! :yuck:
k3ro
Rep:
?
Awh I'm sorry to hear that. Well done on getting offers though! UEA's really good! What course have you applied for?

I need a 7 in French! :eek:
And Chemistry... bleugh! :yuck:
Law with American Law. Only uni in the country to do the damn course, which is why I'm so nervous.

And oh god. XD Good luck with that. (HL or SL?) I honestly have no idea how to get a higher grade in the writing paper...

Yup. Chem sucks. It's weird, since I'm fairly good at physics yet that's considered harder. But I ****ing fail so badly at chem; it's stupid.
meganeira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
Law with American Law. Only uni in the country to do the damn course, which is why I'm so nervous.

And oh god. XD Good luck with that. (HL or SL?) I honestly have no idea how to get a higher grade in the writing paper...

Yup. Chem sucks. It's weird, since I'm fairly good at physics yet that's considered harder. But I ****ing fail so badly at chem; it's stupid.
Good luck! Wow that sounds cool.
HL unfortunately, but I am going to be studying it as my major language next year.
Just make sure you learn some idioms and the format of the different types of question that'll come up, e.g. letter format and diary sayings.
I don't know why I chose Physics over Biology, but it's actually not too bad now. I'll be lucky to get a 6 in it though... :crossedf:
k3ro
Rep:
?
Good luck! Wow that sounds cool.
HL unfortunately, but I am going to be studying it as my major language next year.
Just make sure you learn some idioms and the format of the different types of question that'll come up, e.g. letter format and diary sayings.
I don't know why I chose Physics over Biology, but it's actually not too bad now. I'll be lucky to get a 6 in it though... :crossedf:
Ah, that's cool. :3 I figured it'd be higher since you want to do it at uni. Thanks for the tips! I guess I have the advantage that it's like a week and a half after all my other exams are over. XD

Ooooh, you do physics too? HL? I used to really hate it, but then I got a good teacher. And I revised it a TON and got my level 2 up to a level 5. I'm reeeally hoping for a 5 in the final exam, and with some luck maybe a 6! Good luck getting your 6 too!
bluesky42
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I need 39 with 666 at HL

So that's basically 666 at SL too...which is manageable...

Except maths... :bawling:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed