Anyone else incredibly disappointed with themselves? Watch

Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So there are a lot of us in this boat but we have a choice - we can forever dwell in our never-ending suckiness or we can start the climb to better grades! Stop procrastinating - is it really worth getting **** grades? Really?
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aemiliana)
So there are a lot of us in this boat but we have a choice - we can forever dwell in our never-ending suckiness or we can start the climb to better grades! Stop procrastinating - is it really worth getting **** grades? Really?
What if you don't get **** grades though? I've done this all through school and uni and it's been fine. This is why I can't get motivated until the last minute - because I know I don't have to. I suspect this is the same for a lot of people on here.
un-besito
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Definitely. I don't understand why I haven't used this time effectively because I know how disappointed I'm going to be on results day if I don't get the grades I want. Also, my Spanish oral exam is this Wednesday and I haven't revised thoroughly/properly for it which is just ridiculous considering I want to do a degree in it and won't be able to if I don't do well in this! It's not that I don't like it, I just can't concentrate/bring myself to sit at my desk and go over stuff I've already learnt once before.
The weird thing is that for GCSEs/AS I was so self disciplined and forced myself to revise in 40 minute blocks, then I'd have a 10 minute break and start again, and this routine lasted for weeks and I really felt prepared for my exams. Now, when it matters more than ever, I just waste time doing stupid things/staying in bed until stupid times.
wanderlust.xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've had 3 weeks of holidays yet have done practically nothing, disappointed doesn't even cover it to be honest.

Anyone else? Maybe we can all yell at each other to stop letting ourselves down and start revising?
Disappointed because I know I could have done better than I did in exams despite the amount of revision I did... it's always "I could have done more". :sad:
Superstar6318
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spent all Easter worrying about an essay inmstead of doing it, it's meant to be handed in today and I feel like a complete fail
umm123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes! The first week started off ok, then from there I did nothing and was forced to wake up extra early today just to do an essay that was due in today , not a good start. I'm just lacking the motivation knowing there's just too much to possibly remember for all my exams!
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
(Original post by -honeybee-)
What if you don't get **** grades though? I've done this all through school and uni and it's been fine. This is why I can't get motivated until the last minute - because I know I don't have to. I suspect this is the same for a lot of people on here.
I have the opinion that it's always **** if you haven't achieved your best

(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
Disappointed because I know I could have done better than I did in exams despite the amount of revision I did... it's always "I could have done more". :sad:
Yeah, definitely this. But I also waste a hell of a lot of time!
Sam89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My first final year exam of uni is due tomorrow, why am i starting into thin air instead of memorizing the notes? Seriously, can someone explain this to me.
-honeybee-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have the opinion that it's always **** if you haven't achieved your best
What if you get firsts whilst still doing little work/leaving work til the last minute? Some people just don't need to do a lot of work to succeed. It's quality not quantity of revision that's most important.
Aemiliana
Rep:
?
(Original post by -honeybee-)
What if you get firsts whilst still doing little work/leaving work til the last minute? Some people just don't need to do a lot of work to succeed. It's quality not quantity of revision that's most important.
I do that but I could still do better. And some revision is always better than none
-honeybee-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do that but I could still do better. And some revision is always better than none
I know what you mean but a first's a first. Of course there is the personal satisfaction of achieving your very best, but for most people it's not worth it.
Nix-j-c
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've had 3 weeks of holidays yet have done practically nothing, disappointed doesn't even cover it to be honest.

Anyone else? Maybe we can all yell at each other to stop letting ourselves down and start revising?
you're not the only one, but today I did get an A on a chemistry past paper (I'd have been happy with a C) I didn't think i'd done that much revision for it. I think what msut have happened is like last year at GCSE, I failed the chemistry mock but ended up with an A* overall cos i buckled down and got on with it, and this January I got an E so ever since results day I've been working a lot harder for it. BUT I've done ahrdly anything for geography and last year I did the same cos I thought I'd easily get an A* (c/w was 100%) and ended up with a B which means i probably got a C on the exam, so i need to start buckling down with that and maths and biology aswell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads