Banning Gay Kissing on TV Watch

Sonny_J_D
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I call Poe's law on 'God_X' - I really can't tell if it's a troll or not...
kerily
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eljamaispa)
David Cameron and the conservative party are a bunch of bigoted, homophobic ******s.
:teehee:

(Original post by im so academic,)
Discriminating against homosexual males makes you as bad as him.
Really, I don't think someone who apparently spends their time impersonating ISA can lecture me on how to lead my life. Go and troll someone else.
SFsucks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
I agree that it should be banned if only to protect gays from God's justice. If they don't change their ways, He will be just and send them to Hell.

Edit: Why all the neg reps? Christianity, Islam and Judaism all forbid homosexuality, and as the majority of people are part of one of these religions, we should not accept homosexuality in our society. God will punish them, and it's our duty to teach them the right ways before it's too late.
Lucky I am a Atheists so I can Neg rep you all I want.
4TSR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gryffindor)
Well if Cameron thinks that ban is just gonna happen without significant uproar he's got another thing coming
what is that thing? he sells forests and privatising the NHS through the backdoor - punishing the unemployed for not finding jobs in this ****ty job market - and he still is in power and will be whether you like it or not. The government will never listen to you whatever you do.
ArcadiaHouse
Report 7 years ago
This will only breed more prejudice.
TheCrackInTime
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eljamaispa)
David Cameron and the conservative party are a bunch of bigoted, homophobic ******s.
:facepalm2:
God_X
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SFsucks)
Lucky I am a Atheists so I can Neg rep you all I want.
You're atheist, therefore you can neg rep me for no reason other than stating the truth. That's about as convincing as other atheist arguments. :rolleyes: You lot are too arrogant to see the error in your ways, and I can only hope that you will repent before judgement.
TheCrackInTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Norfolkadam)
When David Cameron submits some draft legislation or any kind of concrete view on this issue then I'll start getting angry.
It's not going to happen. Like I said, Chinese whispers.
Eljamaispa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheCrackInTime)
:facepalm2:
Just realised my mistake.
Tesphena
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
You're atheist, therefore you can neg rep me for no reason other than stating the truth. That's about as convincing as other atheist arguments. :rolleyes: You lot are too arrogant to see the error in your ways, and I can only hope that you will repent before judgement.
TheCrackInTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tesphena)
Source.

Part of the Conservative manifesto was a claim to be tackling homophobia, so I'm wondering why they are supporting descrimination such as this? If gay kissing is too indecent for pre-watershed hours then why is straight kissing fine? Has our Prime Minister been haunted by the ghost of Mary Whitehouse? What's going on here? :confused:
A game of Chinese whispers, where everybody is hearing what they want to hear.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheCrackInTime)
It's not going to happen. Like I said, Chinese whispers.
I posted a while back in this thread with links to the DM story and the original report that this is all about but its the same kneejerk to a headline going on here which created this whole hoo haa in the first place. Its not dissimilar to what Ben Goldacre is going on about here:

http://www.badscience.net/2010/10/th...aph-number-19/
Liam123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
It's very powerful for you to claim you speak the truth. There are so many viewpoints in this world, religious and non-religious, that it becomes hard for anyone to claim they speak the truth.
im so academic,
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kerily)
:teehee:

Really, I don't think someone who apparently spends their time impersonating ISA can lecture me on how to lead my life. Go and troll someone else.
I am not lecturing you, simply making you aware of the fact that you are a hypocrite.
Bezzler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
David Cameron has said nothing of the sort! David Cameron has backed a review discussing the over-sexualisation of certain things on TV, as well as in other public places - e.g. skimpy costumes from Rihanna, lingerie/underwear adverts on big billboards - and one of the leaders of this review has mentioned the Brookside kiss as something they thought was inappropriate. Cameron has not said he wants to ban homosexual kissing before the watershed, and of course there's no way it would ever pass.

Whether you agree that pre-watershed TV is too overtly sexual or not is a different issue. I'd love it if Cameron had seen my old school's recent production of Cabaret though...

The original Sun article is here, and clearly does not say that Cameron has said anything of this nature. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-face-ban.html
Mooseyboy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
I agree that it should be banned if only to protect gays from God's justice. If they don't change their ways, He will be just and send them to Hell.

Edit: Why all the neg reps? Christianity, Islam and Judaism all forbid homosexuality, and as the majority of people are part of one of these religions, we should not accept homosexuality in our society. God will punish them, and it's our duty to teach them the right ways before it's too late.
Just a **** really aren't you. I am not a fan of two blokes kissing atall. I'm not exactly gonna complain about girl on girl... But EVERYONE is entitled to be who they want to be. Believe in what the hell you wan't but to be ignorant and push religion into peoples faces is just being a bit of a prick.

God can punish them... however homosexuality is a large part of today's society, i have gay mates and yeah i don't want to see them at it, i don't really want to see it on tv, but i don't need you telling everyone they are going to hell!
God_X
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mooseyboy)
Just a **** really aren't you. I am not a fan of two blokes kissing atall. I'm not exactly gonna complain about girl on girl... But EVERYONE is entitled to be who they want to be. Believe in what the hell you wan't but to be ignorant and push religion into peoples faces is just being a bit of a prick.

God can punish them... however homosexuality is a large part of today's society, i have gay mates and yeah i don't want to see them at it, i don't really want to see it on tv, but i don't need you telling everyone they are going to hell!
If they're going to go to hell if they continue as they are, why would you not take the opportunity to save them from eternal punishment? That's far kinder than letting them be.
Cartopher
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)

Here's an idea, maybe you take your proselytized mind elsewhere, with some other idiots who are on the homophobic pro-God train to their fabricated kingdom of Heaven. They have every right to be homosexual, they do not require idiots like you trying to force their oppressive views on them.
Elwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To all the religous people spreading their usual rubbish. If you want to live your lives according to those teachings then fine, but why should we athiests live our lives according to rules set by some being who we don't beleive in?
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, that's pretty awful. Do you have a source?

EDIT: Derp, just found it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads