Yeah, God forbid the Police use effective tactics :fuhrer:

Police state? Rubbish.
Baaaaa, baaaaaaa, baaaaaaaaaaa!
MTR_10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If anything this country needs a stronger government.
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
Waaaa, waaaa, waaaaaaaa!
Rant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
Waaaa, waaaa, waaaaaaaa!
Got something stuck in your eye?
Steevee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Police State? What is this rubbish?

Have you seen the protests lately? The enquiry into things like the Ian Tomlinson incident?

Police State? Crawl back into your hole.
Keckers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GwrxVurfer)
Yes. Repealing the Digital Economy Act would result in the re-taking of some of our most basic rights.
Okay, so that rebuts the point originally made to me about the coalition being just as bad as Labour in removing our freedoms.
TempSGK
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The country Singapore in south east Asia is a police state, its not as bad as you think it would be.
map88
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks to all those who neg repped me.

If you haven't noticed I haven't slandered anyone, I merely started a discussion. Just because you don't agree with the statement doesn't mean you should criticize me for it...

It's not just people who hold extreme views who are being arrested on the streets, many of them have done no wrong. Literally they are walking along the street... in many cases the police are making a crime out of nothing in order to make arrests and clamp down on protesters.

But then again many of you don't want to see my side of the argument will to neg rep me cos it makes you feel powerful. Feel good about yourselves for that.
Ocassus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
What I find rather ironic is that people such as yourself refer to those of us who actually obey the laws of society [Which makes sense, since we elect the people who make them and thereby control the system] as sheep or 'sheeple'

No doubt this is play on the fact we all fit into some sort of flock that follows a master. But please tell me, what does that make you? You have not got any of the information to support your argument from first-hand experience either, which kind of puts you in the exact same situation. Hypocrite much?
Ocassus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TempSGK)
The country Singapore in south east Asia is a police state, its not as bad as you think it would be.
That place is damn nice. I love it there.
Darkphilosopher
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Charlie Veitch is far from a "peaceful protester". He actively goes around trying to cause trouble and disturb the peace.

If he was peaceful then he would shut up and hold a sign like normal protesters. :mad:

/Rant
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ocassus)
What I find rather ironic is that people such as yourself refer to those of us who actually obey the laws of society [Which makes sense, since we elect the people who make them and thereby control the system] as sheep or 'sheeple'

No doubt this is play on the fact we all fit into some sort of flock that follows a master. But please tell me, what does that make you? You have not got any of the information to support your argument from first-hand experience either, which kind of puts you in the exact same situation. Hypocrite much?
You know nothing about any of my experiences, thanks.

Now go back to blindly following your overlords.
Ocassus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
You know nothing about any of my experiences, thanks.

Now go back to blindly following your overlords.
Way to completely miss the point there. :rolleyes:

EDIT : Oh, I feel I should just point out;
You are posting on a student forum owned by a corporate body
In order to join this forum you had to provide an email, which requires a Postcode and name.
You are using a language derived from various hierarchical societies.
Your post is labelled with a Gregorian date.

You think you are some free and original thinker, but you're just a pretender, you're not a revolutionary and you certainly are not some kind of visionary.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Way to completely miss the point there. :rolleyes:

EDIT : Oh, I feel I should just point out;
You are posting on a student forum owned by a corporate body
In order to join this forum you had to provide an email, which requires a Postcode and name.
You are using a language derived from various hierarchical societies.
Your post is labelled with a Gregorian date.

You think you are some free and original thinker, but you're just a pretender, you're not a revolutionary and you certainly are not some kind of visionary.
We'll see about that, my little sheep.

Who's to say any of the information I provide about myself online is real? What's to stop me creating a thousand online personas?

We can use the tools of your society against you, and this is happening right now. You think you're safe in your consumerist dream, but you're not. And you never will be.
Ocassus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
We'll see about that, my little sheep.

Who's to say any of the information I provide about myself online is real? What's to stop me creating a thousand online personas?

We can use the tools of your society against you, and this is happening right now. You think you're safe in your consumerist dream, but you're not. And you never will be.
D'awwwwww

Except, you know, your location is logged via IP address and your browser is filled with cookies that track your every move online. :dontknow:

Hey ho, continue living in your fantasy world, I shall continue to better myself.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
D'awwwwww

Except, you know, your location is logged via IP address and your browser is filled with cookies that track your every move online. :dontknow:

Hey ho, continue living in your fantasy world, I shall continue to better myself.
You know they have these things called proxy servers, right? And a million other ways of making yourself truly anonymous. The police state hasn't won yet, and it never will.

Some people care about more things than their pointless little possessions and their "social status". Your time of reckoning is coming, and your shiny little objects won't save you.
Ocassus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
You know they have these things called proxy servers, right? And a million other ways of making yourself truly anonymous. The police state hasn't won yet, and it never will.

Some people care about more things than their pointless little possessions and their "social status". Your time of reckoning is coming, and your shiny little objects won't save you.
After browsing through your profile, it is apparent you like gaming, no? Well, they are a product of corporations, no? Surely you are subscribing to the intellectual property of those corporations by gaming, especially if, as you say, you like MMORPGs.

Also, I call troll.

And hey, you use Proxies, very clever, except, it really isn't that difficult to stick a Tracert straight through a proxy server...
Aphotic Cosmos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)

If we were living in a police state you would have already been picked up by the provincial rozzers, given a good beating and left to linger in jail for at least a few days for daring to criticise the regime before being rushed before a rubber-stamp court to confirm your guilt.

Your view of the world is clearly delusional. You have no idea what a police state is and how we compare to such a society. Until you've seen the Egyptian police beat someone publicly (this was five years ago) off the beaten track in Cairo you will have no idea what a police state is.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
If we were living in a police state you would have already been picked up by the provincial rozzers, given a good beating and left to linger in jail for at least a few days for daring to criticise the regime before being rushed before a rubber-stamp court to confirm your guilt.

Your view of the world is clearly delusional. You have no idea what a police state is and how we compare to such a society. Until you've seen the Egyptian police beat someone publicly (this was five years ago) off the beaten track in Cairo you will have no idea what a police state is.
I have seen that.

Its bloody scary tbh. And this was in Sharm El Shiek
baffled_mathman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The UK is a police state? No **** Sherlock, it has been for ages. Your revelation is pretty much common knowledge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads