Girlfriends parents are fat and it makes me feel awkward.. Watch

Sazzle4
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
I think you had a few of them fooled until this.
+1
Alex Jones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fat women shouldnt be respected imo.
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My girlfriend is slightly overweight, but nothing serious. However, her parents are morbidly obese according to my BMI guesstimate and don't care about their health and general wellbeing at all (just eat junk and drink lots) this is the complete opposite of myself as I take pride in my appearance, health and fitness and am well built. I'm also a qualified personal trainer which I do part time as I really enjoy it, alongside my main job. They know all about this. Isn't this just too much of a barrier between me and her parents?

They also seem very fatalistic and stuck in dead end jobs and extremely pessimistic which is the complete opposite of me. According to my g.f I earn way over what her parents earn put together and I think they know this judging by my lifestyle, house and car etc....

I wish her parent's never knew all this, but my girlfriend told them....

Seems like there is so many things they may be jealous of..

Do you think I could have a decent relationship with parents who seem the complete opposite of me?
Tbh I think I am the complete opposite to my boyfriend parents but a after 5 years we have learnt to accept each other for what we are. If you really care about the girl you will get over your differences. If their dead end jobs bothered them that much surely they would change. It's how they have chosen to live so shut up and let them get on with it.
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
I am bothered by the fact that you're judging your girlfriend's parents when really you should only be concerned about your girlfriend. What business is it of yours if that's how they choose to live? I can't believe you're so arrogant as to think they'd be jealous of your meaningless amenities such as your house and car. And I'm quite secure in myself, thanks.
If they don't give a **** about their health, they will probably have some serious health problems in the near future, they may become very sick or even die. His girlfriend might become depressed and want to end the relationship with him...
OdinsThunder
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just get a couple of buckets and fill them with food, place the bucket to head so they can be constantly feeding and they won't be worried about you anymore.

I don't mean like this.

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI...4141-31119.jpg

And I don't mean like this.

http://cwos.collegewallofsha.netdna-.../11/bucket.jpg

I'm talking about this.

http://www.mike2.com/wp-content/uplo...09/CowPail.jpg
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Limitless)
If they don't give a **** about their health, they will probably have some serious health problems in the near future, they may become very sick or even die. His girlfriend might become depressed and want to end the relationship with him...
lol, leave her alone, she's the type who doesn't dare say anyone is doing anything wrong (even people like addicts or others with problems) but instead says "don't judge them"
emeritus2011
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My girlfriend is slightly overweight, but nothing serious. However, her parents are morbidly obese according to my BMI guesstimate and don't care about their health and general wellbeing at all (just eat junk and drink lots) this is the complete opposite of myself as I take pride in my appearance, health and fitness and am well built. I'm also a qualified personal trainer which I do part time as I really enjoy it, alongside my main job. They know all about this. Isn't this just too much of a barrier between me and her parents?

They also seem very fatalistic and stuck in dead end jobs and extremely pessimistic which is the complete opposite of me. According to my g.f I earn way over what her parents earn put together and I think they know this judging by my lifestyle, house and car etc....

I wish her parent's never knew all this, but my girlfriend told them....

Seems like there is so many things they may be jealous of..

Do you think I could have a decent relationship with parents who seem the complete opposite of me?
anyone would think you're sleeping with the parents...come on man close your eyes!!
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol, leave her alone, she's the type who doesn't dare say anyone is doing anything wrong (even people like addicts or others with problems) but instead says "don't judge them"
I wasn't having a go at her (that sounds dodgy). I was just expressing my train of thought out loud (in typing).
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You should be proud that your more well off than others and as a personal trainer you could slyly explain the advantages of maintaining a healthier lifestyle if it bothers u that much. But at the end of the day you should be concerned about ur gf not her parents tbh.
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
Jealous of ...? The OP is insecure by having to compare his lifestyle to that of his gf's parents to assert that he is somehow 'better' than them, or her family isn't worthy of him. Ergo: prick.

Also:

Smacks of 'control freak'.
What are you on about? Go read it again before jumping to wild conclusions. His entire lifestyle and character sounds the opposite of the parents, thus they will most likely not get on which would be a problem. If they were to moan/the gf talk about them, how is he meant to just lie rather then say how he feels eg. they are failures and it is their own fault etc.

(Original post by fran.ha)
I did think, thank you very much. I was just baffled as to why anyone should really care about someones parents if they loved the person enough. I wouldn't care if my boyfriends family were a bunch of banjo playing hillbillies - because he isn't and I love him anyway. It shouldn't really matter what their family is like...
:facepalm:
Because love does not solve everything contrary to Hollywood and songs :rolleyes:
If you do not like the family, how would your partner feel if you told them you dislike their parents? Most likely really ****ing offended.

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
And where does he suggest her parents don't like him?
If anything it appears to be the other way around (he doesn't like them).
Well that is his concern - would they get on? Would they clash? How would it effect the relationship etc.
Shippy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
they're only her parents, unless you're gonna marry the girl, don't see why it should be abig deal.
A level Az
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2/10 :troll:
Kash:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Adonis :dontknow:
High As A Kite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
are you planning to marry/date her dad/mum?
AlexAntiHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You do know it's not contagious, right?
amizzle91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Break up with her then, and find someone who has parents that better suit your obviously high standards.
The_resurrection
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're going out with a fatty, this suggests to me you ain't as perfect as you like to think.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Kash:))
Adonis :dontknow:
Huh?
(Original post by High As A Kite)
are you planning to marry/date her dad/mum?
Obviously not!
(Original post by AlexAntiHeroine)
You do know it's not contagious, right?
Well not directly no, but between generations and friendship groups the norms and values can be transmitted, therefore fat families tend to have fat children....

(Original post by The_resurrection)
You're going out with a fatty, this suggests to me you ain't as perfect as you like to think.
She now has a healthy BMI and decent amount of muscle mass (which the general population would called "toned")

(Original post by amizzle91)
Break up with her then, and find someone who has parents that better suit your obviously high standards.
I'm trying to find a solution so this doesn't have to happen.
High As A Kite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alex Jones)
Fat women shouldnt be respected imo.
you're one to talk...
gwg90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Or just wait till they croak. which im guessing is soon... haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.01%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.39%

Watched Threads