Criminal convictions and careers? Watch

Pindar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bluepencil)
@Stefan1991
Put in the context of this case, it was one punch. It was however one strong punch which fractured a small bone (the zycoma/cheekbone) of an individual.

Dressed up as GBH things can sound a whole lot worse than they actually may be.
Did it cause disfigurement? For it to be GBH it can't just be broken bones, the skin must break significantly and blood must come out, not internal bleeding or a bruise, actual blood loss.
bluepencil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
@Stefan1991

Fairly sure GBH can just be broken bones, probably some bruising and blood.

Anyway, do people on here have any experiences/know people who have be appointed into positions with reputable organisations in the UK with a GBH charge?
bluepencil
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
BUMP
zinedine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Blue Pencil,

My advice, from experience, is to approach smaller employers who willl be more lenient. You may have to suffice with a local firm in an unrelated field. Once your convictions are 'spent' - as it as a fine, this will be in 5 years, you can approach the Managment consultancy firms again and will as they can only ask for a Basic CRB check, you will pass the Base Check as it only requires disclosure of unspent convictions.
Adorable2u
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had a similar issue for Fraud by False Representation (Something I was Framed for by a scammer). I finished my degree, did my community service and that was it. I have been in constant employment since and my last job was a business development manager for a private company, 2 months into the job i was diagnosed with cancer and I had to leave to receive treatment, now given all clear im back to the drawing board applying for jobs as I have to tell employers before interview procced at all for the conviction and gaps in cv.
Sometimes you have to tell the employer before the interview starts at all, also tell them what you have accomplished since the conviction happened, show them what happened in the past have not stopped you from getting your goals. they either continue with the interview and get to know you for who you are and help you build a future or they can conclude the interview.
One thing will be for sure, you have nothing to hide and if they offer you the job you will have a peace of mind should they inform you that they are doing crb checks for staffs and they will know what to expects from your reports.

Hope it helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads