Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Geography applicants for entry 2012 :] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mespannerhanz)
    I'm trying my luck at Jesus. Really liked the feel there, old buildings but modern feeling, and the 2 grass tennis courts outside accomodation block was a nice bonus, being a tennis player! Where are you applying?
    Ooooo , I am going to go for St.Johns, was originally going to apply to Homerton but I went to StJohns open day and LOVED it plus they were all lovely! I hope we get in!! haha

ReputationRep:
    i am so relieved to find this!!

1) Geography (A) , English Lit (A) , Politics (A) , dropped History (C) + General Studies (A)
    Predicted: A*A*A*
    2) BSc
    3) Durham (everyone wants to go there!!) Exeter, Sussex, Loughborough and Royal Holloway!

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to send off my UCAS and just get on with it!

1) Geography, English Literature, Psychology
    2) BA (Human), hopefully with ERASMUS/Year abroad/In industry etc etc...
    3), Leeds, Leeds (with Social Policy), Leicester, Sheffield, Queen Mary.

Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    Trying to decide between BA Geo and Econ/Geo joint, both at Birmingham. Anyone do either of these and have any advice or suggestions?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    1) Geography, Geology, English Lang/Lit
    2) Geography Bsc - so mainly physical stuff
    3) Cambridge, Durham, Lancaster, Liverpool ad Leeds

Can't wait to get to uni (if anyone wants me :P ) Fancy the change of scene and the more interesting and in depth study

ReputationRep:
    Really glad to see this thread!
    I have got my grades and on my gap year, I cannot wait to send off my application.

1. Geography, Economics and Mathematics (+statistics), AS Physics and Dance
    2. BA... human geography?
    3. UCL, LSE, Kings College London, Queen Mary's, have no clue what my fifth choice will be.

ReputationRep:
    1. Geography, Physics and Law
    2. most likely BSc still unsure :/
    3. Newcastle and Queen Mary for definate, then again most likely Liverpool, Northumbria and no clue for the last choice.

Is anyone else wanting to go to Newcastleeeee??

ReputationRep:
    1) IB student: Higher Level Geography, History, English. Standard Level Maths, Chinese, Physics.
    2) Human! Was originally considering combined geog/history but changed my mind once I started the IB course.
    3) Durham! Exeter, Edinburgh and others.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for BSc Geog F800! Yay! now to wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidCrow)
    Applied for BSc Geog F800! Yay! now to wait
    where are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Other than Durham, Exeter seems to be a popular choice - what is so good about Exeter?

And oh god, everyone in here seems to be very intelligent. I saw many Cambridge and Durham applicants here :O

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to newcastle hope i get in @Matt . pinacio i don't think there is much good about exeter tbh nottingham would be a better choice, better night life plus the option for a year abroad EASILY cos of their campuses, my mate goes there trust me

ReputationRep:
    Currently studying: Geography, Maths, Economics&Business, Critical Thinking

Applying for: (complicated i know!)
    Oxford- Geog
    UCL / Durham - Econ & Geog
    Bath - Econ & International Development
    Manchester - Development Studies and Economics

ReputationRep:
    1) Geography (A), Maths (A), Computing (A), Physics (B-dropped), Predicted : A*AA
    2) BSc
    3) Exeter, Birmingham, Lancaster (w/ year abroad), Royal Holloway, Keele

Sending off my application this week....

ReputationRep:
    Why are there hardly any people doing geography?!?! anyone got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for BA geography
    at: Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester
    Studying Geography, Art and English Literature
    Got AAAC at AS and am predicted AAA at A2
    Do you think I have a chance at these unis?
    Anyone got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer from nottingham for human geography but it was AAA which was higher than i expected! but i sent mine off about a month ago does anyone know if durham's given out offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deby_4)
    Applied for BA geography
    at: Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester
    Studying Geography, Art and English Literature
    Got AAAC at AS and am predicted AAA at A2
    Do you think I have a chance at these unis?
    Anyone got any offers yet?
    I've had offers from Leeds and Liverpool but for a bsc. I would say you've got a good chance with Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester I don't know the entry requirements for the others, but they should be similar. So yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gumpert)
    I've had offers from Leeds and Liverpool but for a bsc. I would say you've got a good chance with Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester I don't know the entry requirements for the others, but they should be similar. So yeah
    Ah well done!
    I'm hopefully sending my application off on Monday, I hope it's not too late :/
    Congratz again on your offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaspberryHaze)
    i got an offer from nottingham for human geography but it was AAA which was higher than i expected! but i sent mine off about a month ago does anyone know if durham's given out offers yet?
    Congratz on your offer!
    Where else have you applied and what A levels are you taking ?
    I'm applying for a BA too

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.